• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are the saddest, most tragic Movie/TV scenes that have made you cry, shed tears?

I watched McLeod's Daughters when it first aired and still had some of the original cast. The funeral of Claire, during the episode The Long Goodbye, made me sob.

Hachi, grieving animals get to me. Same goes for Cold Case (Ravaged, 2x18), it's been years since I've seen that episode, but the scene is still perfectly clear in my mind: snow is falling, and a dog curls up beside a dying woman.

The scene in Rent where Mimi says goodbye:

The Toy Story 3 scene where I thought all the toys were going to die. I shocked myself by how emotionally invested in these characters I had become over the years. The first Toy Story came out when I was about 7, the same age as the human main character, so I grew along with him and the movies.

The scene in Sophie's Choice where Sophie must make her choice:

The scene in Magnolia where Julianne Moore's character goes to the pharmacy to pick up the drugs for her dying husband and gets passive-aggressively judged as a possible addict by the pharmacists:

This makes me cry, especially now since Robin Williams has died (I cried a lot for his death because his movies, so much of his work, has played such a large role in my life, and I don't know, I've always really felt connected to Robin Williams). This is also a very important movie to me.

I can't say the above are the saddest for me, though Sophie's Choice, probably yes, in the top 5. I just can't remember them all right now.

Confederate General Armistead reaching out to his friend Union General Hancock.

Irish Confederates killing Irish Federals- Fredricksburg, Va. 1862. My kin fought there.

Very, very sad.

Last edited:
Sylvester Stallone as John Rambo in First Blood, breaking down emotionally in front of his former commanding officer, after he has just killed many National Guardsmen and police in self-defense.

"IT WASN'T MY WAR! YOU ASKED ME, I DIDN'T ASK YOU!"

Getting choked up.

A movie scene that still makes me cry when I see it is in Snoopy, Come Home when Snoopy has left Charlie Brown permanently to live with his previous owner, Lila. Charlie Brown is standing by Snoopy's doghouse, crying. The song that plays in that scene,"It Changes", just makes me cry everytime I hear it.I remember the first time when I watched it I couldn't stop crying when that song started playing, because my grandpa had just passed away a few months before, and it reminded that I will never see him again. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

I don't cry easily at movies, almost ever actually but the ones that have made me have been

**spoiler alert**

Charlotte dying in charlottes web (I was like 12)
The dog dying in Marley and me
The entire second half of the last song (and I don't even like miley cyrus)
The end of the book thief
And bits throughout my sisters keeper

"My daddy has to go away, but he'll return most any day.
Any moment I may see my daddy coming back to me." -- Sarah Crew, aka The Little Princess

"My daddy has to go away, but he'll return most any day.
Any moment I may see my daddy coming back to me." -- Sarah Crew, aka The Little Princess

And the ending of Son of Godzilla,
when they get covered with snow.

That stands out as a mentionable one,
because who expects to cry over
Godzilla?

The opening scene in the new Star Trek film, where Jim Kirk is born and his dad dies, made both my mum and I cry. The Dogs Trust adverts also always make me cry, no idea why :emojiconfused:

I don't remember much of it, since I watched it when I was like 10, but Shadowlands had me bursting out into tears by the end.

World's Greatest Dad. It's a dark comedy starring Robin Williams. I skipped it when it first came out because I thought it sounded, in search for a better word, lame, but a post on Reddit made me give it another shot and I'm glad I did. It wasn't about what I thought it was about at all and I can't say much about the plot without giving away the most powerful scene in the movie. Shows and games usually leave me, for the most part, unphased, but this scene did it for me. Williams aced it. I had to pause it to give me a breather it was so powerful.

The scene is much better going into it without knowing what the movie is about. It's on Netflix.

I at the end of Mary & Max, but I'm not going to describe the scene. I will say only that at that ending moment, Mary realized how much her friendship had meant to the Aspie Max.

Also, I don't remember for sure, but I probably cried during The Stoning of Soraya M when
the villagers whom she had known her whole life, stoned her. That's not much of a spoiler, because one watches the whole movie knowing what will happen. It's a tribute to the quality of the movie that it is so gripping even when you know how it will end.

Last edited:
Has anyone else seen Inside Out? I wouldn't say "tragic" or anything but there were some moments where I was bawling like...well, like an alienated 11-year-old girl.

Threads - seeing Sheffield decimated and most of Britain destroyed in a nuclear war was downright horrible to watch, especially as - unlike most horror movies - this scenario has the potential to happen.

IMG_0275.JPG
I watched McLeod's Daughters when it first aired and still had some of the original cast. The funeral of Claire, during the episode The Long Goodbye, made me sob.

Hachi, grieving animals get to me. Same goes for Cold Case (Ravaged, 2x18), it's been years since I've seen that episode, but the scene is still perfectly clear in my mind: snow is falling, and a dog curls up beside a dying woman.

New Threads

Top Bottom