Welcome to Aspies Central, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
- Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
- Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral
Well-Known Member, Female, from Europe
The woods are just trees; the trees are just wood. Jun 25, 2015
- SameStars was last seen:
- Jan 20, 2017 at 5:00 AM
- Diagnosis Status:
- Aspergers Syndrome - Officially Diagnosed
- Favourite Movies:
- 'Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway (2008)' - Would it count as a movie? I like it more than the actual one (2006), even if the latter still has most of the original cast. Though there's this one scene where they sing Rent where the backdrop is pretty awesome (if dramatic) but Joanne's lyrics are gone, and they cut stuff from Goodbye Love, which held a whole lot of Mark's character development. So yeah, since there's not a Favourite Musical option I'm sticking it here.
- Favourite TV Shows:
- Stuff on 'Investigation Discovery' and 'Comedy Central' for emotional contrast.
- Favourite Quotes:
- The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means. - Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
- Favourite Books:
- A random and incomplete list: East of Eden. House of Mirth. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. Ella Enchanted. Wuthering Heights. The Picture of Dorian Gray. Anastasia: The Riddle of Anna Anderson. The Silence of the Lambs.
First my social anxiety hiccups got me into a low self-esteem group as a teen, but later I was diagnosed with ASD. This offered me a little help during college, by acknowledging my concentration problems.
- Current activity status::
Wherever I go, I'd like to have a book with me, and I get very little done without having a song stuck in my head. With the right people I can be talkative, but I usually come across as shy or aloof and I don't initiate social interactions well... or at all. I love to walk around and marvel at nature, and take pictures as I go (my album attests to that).
I'm open to PMs, and enjoy all the sharing that's going on here. English is not my first language, but I try to post without being discouraged by that.
Signature"What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"