• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are the saddest, most tragic Movie/TV scenes that have made you cry, shed tears?

Re: What are the saddest, most tragic Movie/TV scenes that have made you cry, shed te

You know what makes me cry is the movie Free Willy and Free Willy 2. They always make me cry. I guess its because I get so attached to characters. But it has to be specific characters, ones that I can relate to in some way or have personalities that I can attach to for that to happen.

Re: What are the saddest, most tragic Movie/TV scenes that have made you cry, shed te

Oh, I forgot to mention - I cannot watch Ice Age without that beautiful baby and the heartbreaking cave drawing scene showing the death of Manny's family bringing me to tears. It's a shame the sequels weren't nearly as affecting.

consultingrodent, I had a very similar experience to yours many years ago with Dumbo - I just couldn't take it! The image of the mum reaching through those horrible bars to stroke her son - just heart-wrenching!

i never could watch dumbo all the way through. not only was it said, it terrified me for some reason.

mostly if it's got to do with animals, i'm very wary of it.

I don't know if this quite counts. The day I came home to watch the Crocodile Hunter and it was Steve Irwin's funeral.
He was one of my hero's and I cried my eyes out!
I agree about the Lion King that choked me up.
I was really in to Battlestar Galactica when I was little and the scene where Apollo dies got to me.
The scene where Chris Lorenzo dies in Silk Stalkings.
The last episode of Forever Knight as I really liked his character:biggrin:

one scene I thought was very sad was in Robocop, when Robocop visited his old house when he used to be Human, and has memories of his Wife and Son, the music that plays is sad

I don't remember the name of the martial arts film but it was an older one late 70's-early 80's.
I disturbed me quite a bit in one scene where a bull was running loose in town and a martial arts master attacked the bull
trying to rip one of it's horns right out of his skull killing the bull which then bled to death. It upset me so much I broke the DVD in anger.
It made me want to puke and cry.:eek:

There are two parts in RENT that make me cry. One when Angel dies and the second when you think Mimi dies at the end. Makes me cry every Time. I sobb every time I've watched both verisons so many times I've had to buy new copies.

Dancer in the Dark. Also, I cried all the way through the movie Up. Then after it was over I just kept crying.

-- When Jack Dawson dies at the end of "Titanic"
--When Sweeney Todd is murdered
--When Hedwig dies
--When Hermione erases herself out of the pictures that her parents have in their house
--When Obi Wan Kenobi cuts off Anakin's arm and legs and then stands and watches him catch fire

Pretty much that last half hour of Artificial Intelligence when Haley Joel Osment's character is trying to find his "mom" like 1,000 years later. I have never cried so hard watching a movie before... omg. :cry:

--When Hermione erases herself out of the pictures that her parents have in their house

Me too! I choked up like hell in the theatre when that happened.

What about those incredibly painful scenes in Moulin Rouge! when Satine (Nicole Kidman) is forced to convince Christian (Ewan McGregor) that she doesn't love him in order to save him?

Or most of I Am Sam, or Anne Hathaway's rendition of I Dreamed A Dream?

Grave of the Fireflies. All of it. I can never watch that film again.

I'm neither a crier nor a movie buff but a scene I remember seeing as very sad was from The Godfather trilogy. The Godfather (Michael Corleone) had a brother, Fredo, whom he loved very much. Fredo was a classic tragic fool & no amount of correction, leeway or efforts to reform had any effect. It came to a point where the Godfather had to order a hit on his own beloved brother as he had become a truly dangerous liability & his missteps & folly had endangered his own family & the entire enterprise. He sets Fredo up to go fishing on a chaloupe with the hit man. Fredo knows that it's all over & resigns himself to his fate. You can feel the weight of this decision on Michael's shoulders & he is never the same afterwards.

That.
Also when E.T. was taken away.
When Alice takes steps off the cliff in the last of the mohicans.

And several takes in the white oleander, I can't quite recall exact scenes.

I cry every time I see the movie the Cure with Brad Renfro and I always cry at the movie RENT. It takes a lot to make me cry in a movie though. However I must admit the Trix commercials used to make me cry...stupid rabbit should just get his stupid Trix.

Arashi, OMG, someone else who lists The Cure!! This one is at the top of my list. When he does the shoe thing, i lose it every time. Not just crying, but sobbing and weeping.
Followed by Fluke, My Dog Skip & Old Yeller.

Last edited:

Arashi, OMG, someone else who lists The Cure!! This one is at the top of my list. When he does the shoe thing, i lose it every time. Not just crying, but sobbing and weeping.
Followed by Fluke, My Dog Skip & Old Yeller.

I know....I loose it usually before that. I just love that movie. No one seems to know that movie. Hugs ohhh goody someone else who blubbers like a kid at that movie. I still blubber at that movie. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it. If you like the Cure you might want to watch April Showers but be fore warned that that movie is pretty tough to get though.

I'm not every emotional in films. Usually animal ones that get me. Black Beauty is a very sad film. I cried at the end of the recent les miserables ... the story was average but the acting sold it. You just wanted a happy ending but that movie just had so much sadness and all the actors pulled off spectacular performances to sell their parts - especially anne hathaway.

I find myself almost in tears at music more than anything. If its a sad emotional song or something.

Pretty much every time Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson share the screen in The Remains Of The Day. Hopkins is way too much like me.

I just thought of another one: House MD, the episode where Amber dies. Yeah, I hated her, but Wilson loved her. UGH. I actually can't watch that show anymore since my grandpa's death. I have to skip all the episodes with ventilator patients, especially.

New Threads

Top Bottom