• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are the saddest, most tragic Movie/TV scenes that have made you cry, shed tears?

popculturegeeknerd06

Like what are some Movies, TV shows, in which certain scenes from that Movie or TV show have made you cry, sad? Which Movies, TV shows had that affect you? I will be honest and admit, Mufasa's death from The Lion King, and when Mufasa's Ghost, Spirit appears speaking to a grown-up Adult Simba. The ending of All Dogs Go to Heaven when Charlie has to say good-bye to his best Dog friend Charlie, and the little girl Anne-Marie to return to Heaven. The death of Rocky's Trainer Mickey, from Rocky 3, those are some I will share for now, how about for you?

Re: What are the saddest, most tragic Movie/TV scenes that have made you cry, shed te

I thought Girl with Dragon Tatoo was pretty powerful, didn't get me crying though, but left a strong impression. Pursuit of Happiness got me to share a few tears, good movie.

Re: What are the saddest, most tragic Movie/TV scenes that have made you cry, shed te

I remember in the original Pokemon Anime TV series, in the episode "Pikachu's Goodbye", when the song "The Time Has Come", that really made me cry, to this day it still has a strong, powerful effect on me. Also I can't forget this, in the original Transformers animated movie from the 1980's when Optimus Prime dies. Also in Homeward Bound, when the Golden Retriever Shadow gets injured, falls into that Pit, and it looks like he is not going to make it. Trying to remember other scenes

I cry every time I see the movie the Cure with Brad Renfro and I always cry at the movie RENT. It takes a lot to make me cry in a movie though. However I must admit the Trix commercials used to make me cry...stupid rabbit should just get his stupid Trix.

Also, The Land Before Time end credits with Diana Ross's song "If We Hold On Together" oh how that makes me miss being a kid, makes me miss all of my elementary and middle-school classmates, acquaintences, friends, etc.

I forgot a couple of movies that make me blubber like a little kid. April Showers an independent film, and Homeroom. I guess I am a bit sap.

I can't recall crying at a film but one that does make me feel a little sad is blue spring by toshiyaki toyoda, I love his films they are amazing!

The death of a certain character during the 1920s segments of Once Upon a Time in America.

"I slipped."

Possibly the saddest scene in a really sad movie (but I was thrilled to learn that a new extended version [and it was already about 4 hours long to begin with!] recently premiered at the Cannes film festival!).

Last edited by a moderator:

Also, in "A Goofy Movie", when Max rescues his Dad with the Fishing Rod when falling down the Water Fall, and they Hug, and soft, touching music plays. Also, another scene in The Lion King, when Simba and Mufasa are looking out at the Stars at night, and play with eachother, such a touching Father and Son moment.

Anyone else care to answer? share their certain Movie/TV moments, scenes that touched them very hard? made you cry, sad?

The ones near the end made me cry.

I cannot cry. My mind does not allow it.

But, there are isolated occasions while watching a program or movie where I really feel like I'm about to cry.

I don't, but it is the strangest feeling.

also, the ending of E.T. used to make me cry when i was a lot younger, when E.T. has to leave Earth.

You know what makes me cry is Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix.

You know what makes me cry is Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix.

Was I the only one who loved that film? The dramatic build-up? The excellent characterisation of the smilingly cruel, dictatorial Umbridge. The intense mind invasion scenes. The riveting finale at the ministry, with two heart-pounding different battles and a heart-wrenching death?

Or, did you mean that you found it a touching film?

Was I the only one who loved that film? The dramatic build-up? The excellent characterisation of the smilingly cruel, dictatorial Umbridge. The intense mind invasion scenes. The riveting finale at the ministry, with two heart-pounding different battles and a heart-wrenching death?

Or, did you mean that you found it a touching film?

Oh no I loved the film. I just balled because it was sad. I mean the poor kid (harry) barely has time with his uncle before he too dies fighting the cause. I found it touching and sad, and really well done.

it usually takes A LOT to make my cry while watching a movie or a television show. there are a few that stand out in my mind though.

there's this movie about a dog that's called fluke and while i can't remember the plot because i've purposefully forgot it, it used to make me absolutely hysterical as a child. i think it was along the same sort of general lines as those homeward bound movies? i literally cannot watch those.

the second also involves a dog haha. i'm really into the tv show lost and the last episode of the series when you finally realized what was going on was sad enough but i was okay, not going to cry or anything, but then the dog comes up and lays down next to jack and i lost it. my mom and i sat there blubbering on the couch.

the only movie that i've actually full on sobbed over is a movie called third star with benedict cumberbatch in it. it's literally so fantastically filmed. the scenery is gorgeous and it's just a very brilliant LOOKING movie and then add on top of that an incredibly powerful plot... i've watched it with a few friends of mine and we all agreed that third star actually makes you go through the stages of grief. it's ridiculous but so so good. ugh i love it for all that it makes me cry.

Oh no I loved the film. I just balled because it was sad. I mean the poor kid (harry) barely has time with his uncle before he too dies fighting the cause. I found it touching and sad, and really well done.

Oh, good. I felt exactly the same way. When I first saw the scene where Sirius gives Harry the picture of the original Order at the train station, and their beautiful relationship was so palpably affectionate, I remember dreading the moment of his death and thinking how devastated he's going to be.

It was such a sudden event too, and so cleverly placed right after the excitement of seeing them both face down that pompous Lucius. It's such a shock when Bellatrix comes in with that horrible spell, and it gets me every time. It's also a really neat cutaway to the Dumbledore vs Voldemort battle, when the enraged Harry follows her into the atrium. So emotional!

But Bellatrix is my second favourite villain, after old Voldy of course!

consultingrodent, I had a very similar experience to yours many years ago with Dumbo - I just couldn't take it! The image of the mum reaching through those horrible bars to stroke her son - just heart-wrenching!

I love crying in movies though, and always admire a film that can do that to me. The last that made me cry was The Elephant Man - astonishingly beautiful!

New Threads

Top Bottom