• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Hate Summer

That was susposed to be a joke, hehe hehe:p. Football as never appealed to me, the sport is too barbaric for my liking. What can I say I guess I may really be a knight without armor in a savage land. Hehe:p :D

Admit that in your part of the country and you might get lynched. Our local college team does a lot of recruiting in Texas.

Or admit you don't like whataburger in Texas. You could find yourself being "staked out" by the local vigilance committee. Texas really is a savage, savage land. The people who live here are always "go out heeled" or at least "packing", there is horse poop everywhere, oh and everyone that lives here wears these funny hats.hehe-hehe :p :D :rolleyes:

Not feeling well at all today with hayfever. Literally been carrying boxes of tissues and sneezing everywhere today. Feeling like sh!t. I'm indoors now so it helps, but I'm drained.

Living close enough to San Francisco, I don't normally experience too much hot (especially of the nightmarish triple-digit variety! UGH. very rare), and hot days always always at least thirty degrees cooler at night. But it's the sun. I'm hypersensitive to light (most indoor lighting drives me crazy), and hiding indoors like a vampire with the shades drawn for a majority of the day is the only way not to turn into a nauseated zombie.

I love summer at dusk here. The very best walks happen with that marine layer rolling in.

I live in Arkansas. Summer here is suffocating. It is very very humid, and I HATE it. I would love to live where its rarely hot or mildly hot in summer. I have to work so I need to go out in it, but If I didnt have to work, I would never leave an air conditioned room until october xD

I live in Arkansas. Summer here is suffocating. It is very very humid, and I HATE it. I would love to live where its rarely hot or mildly hot in summer. I have to work so I need to go out in it, but If I didnt have to work, I would never leave an air conditioned room until october xD

This is a reason that I love Alaska so much. I just don't care for the very long days. I deal much better with darkness.

It is almost time for the weather to cool down and the footballs to fly. My favorite time of the year.

It is almost time for the weather to cool down and the footballs to fly. My favorite time of the year.
I'm so happy this hot and bright summer is over. It's starting to get dark at a reasonable time again. My biorhythms are getting back to normal. :)

Well yeah. ;) That is, once I get past all the cringing of the pre-season games. :eek:

But is nice to see it not so bright, not so early in the morning. :)

I enjoy the warm weather each year, but not the brightness factor.

Well yeah. ;) That is, once I get past all the cringing of the pre-season games. :eek:

But is nice to see it not so bright, not so early in the morning. :)

I enjoy the warm weather each year, but not the brightness factor.

I feel the same way about the pre-season games. I sometimes watch the first quarter, when the starters get a little playing time. After that, most of the players that you see are going to get cut.

I am the other way around, I do not like the warm temps, but the brightness does not bother me.

I have noticed that the trees here and there are starting to turn. Can't wait! And like Wanderer03 said, I can't wait until I can get my biorhythms back in order.

Sunlight is staring to be at a more oblique angle now, a bit less intense glare. The sun is setting sooner, too.
The heat is still very intense here, along with the humidity, but September is coming soon. Labor Day brings relief with humidity as the jet stream dips.

The yellows are starting to come in, just bare hints, in the leaves of the undergrowth. Certain vines are losing their leaves, which scatter about the lawn. The wild Concord grapes, though still green, are now large and ready to turn purple. Soon my fog and I will smell the ripened grapes on our walks by the stream.

Grimm, my dog, has finally stopped his summertime coat-blow, the massive July/August shedding he does each year. In a few months, his coat pigments will darken. Greys amd soft tans will deepen to richer, ruddy hues.

My neighbor made the first pot of soup-- kale, cabbage, carrots, onion, chicken, chorizo. In a month or do, I'll follow suit making my homemade spiced pumpkin soup. I use a Hokaido pumpkin, aka red Kuri squash. Mmm!

For now, the air conditioner is on, I'm in shorts, amd having to limit my outdoor time due to heat still.
Hang in there everybody, September's on the way! :)

Sunlight is staring to be at a more oblique angle now, a bit less intense glare. The sun is setting sooner, too.
The heat is still very intense here, along with the humidity, but September is coming soon. Labor Day brings relief with humidity as the jet stream dips.

The yellows are starting to come in, just bare hints, in the leaves of the undergrowth. Certain vines are losing their leaves, which scatter about the lawn. The wild Concord grapes, though still green, are now large and ready to turn purple. Soon my fog and I will smell the ripened grapes on our walks by the stream.

Grimm, my dog, has finally stopped his summertime coat-blow, the massive July/August shedding he does each year. In a few months, his coat pigments will darken. Greys amd soft tans will deepen to richer, ruddy hues.

My neighbor made the first pot of soup-- kale, cabbage, carrots, onion, chicken, chorizo. In a month or do, I'll follow suit making my homemade spiced pumpkin soup. I use a Hokaido pumpkin, aka red Kuri squash. Mmm!

For now, the air conditioner is on, I'm in shorts, amd having to limit my outdoor time did to heat still.
Hang in there everybody, September's on the way! :)

That was beautifully written!

I am so ready for crisp mornings, the first light frost, delicious apples, pumpkins, scarecrows, hot cocoa, fall colorful leaves, seeing my breath on walks, my homemade pumpkin soup, feeding the birds generously, some lovely overcast days, and even the first snowfall. Yeah!

The autumnal equinox is always bittersweet for me. On the one hand, I have *very* severe Seasonal Affective Disorder, so my best times are always in the middle of the calendar year; on the other hand, I love seeing the leaves change (especially the tulip poplars!) and I love all things pumpkin.

New Threads

Top Bottom