• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Hate Summer

Ball cap is my glare-reducer of choice. Bright lights really are one of my strongest sensory sensitivities. Add in some noise and motion of multiple people, and I can't think.
I don't know if it's the bright light, or the intense heat that triggers my meltdowns.

Shade, cool breezes, watermelon, shorts, bare feet, and soft green grass helps to get through summers.
Indoors, AC for the hottest days helps, as do library books. :D

Labor Day weekend usually brings some relief from the humidity.
I do the Balki Bartakamous dance of joy when Labor Day rolls around! [emoji4]

Yes, I absolutely cannot stand heat.

I bought a portable AC and in my office where there is actual central AC I chose the desk right under it.

Think I should live in the arctic.

I hate summer and want winter back!

Summer is too hot and humid in Michigan for my liking and it makes my leg problem worse.

I like it cold and mild.

We've already hit temps of over 100F on a daily basis. :mad: This is unusual for June.

Looks like it will only get hotter as July approaches. I never know how I'll survive four months of this hell every year. I'm already feeling ill every day. :(

At least by September we start having 90F degree weather, and that seems like a relief then ... and the nights are cooler. Until then, though, I won't sleep right, eat right or feel right. :eek:

We've already hit temps of over 100F on a daily basis. :mad: This is unusual for June.

Looks like it will only get hotter as July approaches. I never know how I'll survive four months of this hell every year. I'm already feeling ill every day. :(

At least by September we start having 90F degree weather, and that seems like a relief then ... and the nights are cooler. Until then, though, I won't sleep right, eat right or feel right. :eek:
I think that the worst are the digestive issues that I experience as a result of the heat. I swear that when it's time for me to meet my maker will be in the summer.

I think that the worst are the digestive issues that I experience as a result of the heat. I swear that when it's time for me to meet my maker will be in the summer.

The worst thing for me is dehydration and heat exhaustion. I am very prone to this. After about 90 degrees I have to hide in the air conditioned house. It is like being a prisoner. So I get up early and get things done before noon or so. I am very lucky that I am self-employed and do not have a strict schedule.

The worst thing for me is dehydration and heat exhaustion. I am very prone to this. After about 90 degrees I have to hide in the air conditioned house. It is like being a prisoner. So I get up early and get things done before noon or so. I am very lucky that I am self-employed and do not have a strict schedule.
You have a point. I might be dehydrated as well.

Oh yes, the digestive issues .. indeed!

I can hardly eat in summer without it upsetting my stomach.

I hate summer and want winter back!

Summer is too hot and humid in Michigan for my liking and it makes my leg problem worse.

I like it cold and mild.

You can have some of my winter.
I will share it with you.

I live in Michigan, too.
Near the base of the fingernail of the
ring finger. :p
In the woods.

We don't get very hot in the woods, generally.

What I dislike about summertime is the excessive sunshine.
Peculiarly manic blue skies.
Instead of the comfortably gray sort.

I don't hate summer.
I don't like glare.

You can have some of my winter.
I will share it with you.

I live in Michigan, too.
Near the base of the fingernail of the
ring finger. :p
In the woods.

We don't get very hot in the woods, generally.

What I dislike about summertime is the excessive sunshine.
Peculiarly manic blue skies.
Instead of the comfortably gray sort.

I don't hate summer.
I don't like glare.
Sure... I'll give you some of my road construction to be fair.

Sure... I'll give you some of my road construction to be fair.

Occasional 'constructive' activity on some of the roads
around here might be ok.

I was very pleased yesterday to see a fellow with a metal
bar and 3 tires chained together dragging this road. An
improvement over what the county trucks do to it, generally.

It will soon be July, and I will make frozen OJ cups, buy Popsicles, turn the AC full blast, and lose myself in BBC YouTube videos of chilly, rainy Britain. Also, the intense heat means library book season!

If there's a plus to summer for me, it's that fewer people hassle me about being barefoot.
Oh, and working in my flower garden is a pure delight.

I get severe digestive issues such as painful heat cramps and, uh, duodenal drama.
I stay hydrated, it's just that heat freaks my innards out.

Does anyone else get suddenly and unexpectedly panicky/aggressive/meltdown-y? This is scary, as there's no warning, just bolting when I'm too hot and sun is too bright.

It will soon be July, and I will make frozen OJ cups, buy Popsicles, turn the AC full blast, and lose myself in BBC YouTube videos of chilly, rainy Britain. Also, the intense heat means library book season!

If there's a plus to summer for me, it's that fewer people hassle me about being barefoot.
Oh, and working in my flower garden is a pure delight.

I get severe digestive issues such as painful heat cramps and, uh, duodenal drama.
I stay hydrated, it's just that heat freaks my innards out.

Does anyone else get suddenly and unexpectedly panicky/aggressive/meltdown-y? This is scary, as there's no warning, just bolting when I'm too hot and sun is too bright.
Yep, Warmheart. I can totally identify. I'm kinda cantankerous in the summer months. AC helps but artificially dries out the air as well. So you dehydrate from heat or from being indoors. No winning.

Ball cap is my glare-reducer of choice. Bright lights really are one of my strongest sensory sensitivities. Add in some noise and motion of multiple people, and I can't think.
I don't know if it's the bright light, or the intense heat that triggers my meltdowns.

Shade, cool breezes, watermelon, shorts, bare feet, and soft green grass helps to get through summers.
Indoors, AC for the hottest days helps, as do library books. :D

Labor Day weekend usually brings some relief from the humidity.

My cowboy hat is my glare- reducer of choice along with my prescription sunglasses. Perhaps Warmheart needs a cowboy herself?o_O:rolleyes:;)

This? Coming from someone from Texas. Where football is not just a sport, but to some, a religion.

That was susposed to be a joke, hehe hehe:p. Football as never appealed to me, the sport is too barbaric for my liking. What can I say I guess I may really be a knight without armor in a savage land. Hehe:p :D

New Threads

Top Bottom