• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Hate Summer

TBH, I miss the ability to tolerate heat and enjoy summer weather. There was a time when while I disliked extreme temperatures, they didn't make me ill. I do like all the summer flowers and the green of tree leaves. I also like watching from my window as the birds flit from branch to branch.:)

I live in Southeastern PA and we are in the middle of a brutal heat wave. I have not left my house in several days
I recently moved from Southeastern PA to Central Alabama. Thought I was making a big mistake but turns out the brutal Summer heat in Alabama is compensated by very pleasant Fall and Spring weather [watching football in shirtsleeves!] Not so in PA.

Ezcare, I am glad that you can enjoy your new locality! I lived in North Central Florida for about 11 years, and was so glad to return to PA. Everyone has their special place!

I honestly absolutely LOVE summer! It has always been my favorite time of year. I'm originally from Canada so I couldn't stand the winters. I came to dread them and suffered very much from Seasonal Affective Disorder. So when fall arrived I started dreading the coming winter and got soooo depressed. I love summer! I love sunshine and being outside and I love the long, long days and how everything is so green. I also hate being cold so that's part of why I love summer so much :)

I mostly enjoy summer. I've waited through 3 weeks of rain in the fall, and 8 months of snow on the ground for it. It's too short for all I want to do.

Some things I don't like about it. Bugs, but there's bug spray. Humidity, but I have a basement. The main thing I don't like is that everyone else loves it and floods into this area. There are places you can't go because of regular traffic jams caused by tourists. Some lakes look like a parking lot of party boats, trash, urine and vomit. Campgrounds are booked solid in advance, it's difficult for the average working local to be able to enjoy it when they get an unexpected weekend off. Since everybody scrambles to get everything done during this short period when the weather is good. I don't mind the road construction, actually I welcome it because it's rare they're actually fixing our roads.

But after 17 years in a HOA, I finally have a piece of property in the boonies that I can enjoy. I can work on my old cars, cut wood, have a campfire, and do pretty much whatever I want without anybody complaining about it. So those things aren't as big of a deal as they used to be.

I'm worried that summer this year is going to be hotter than usual because this winter has been colder than usual. My brother lives in New Brunswick where they get get tons of snow in the winter but the summers are really hot. Mom told me I wouldn't like living there. I guess she's right, even if I lived close to the Magnetic Hill Zoo and Magic Mountain with their big swimming pool that makes its own waves.

New Threads

Top Bottom