• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Hate Summer

You should try snowmobiles, they are a absolute blast!
Nope...we had about two weeks last winter where they could be ridden here,so they would be useless 50 weeks out of the year. My 4 wheeler is about the best it can get for our weather ;)

Winters here are long,wet and cold events waiting for the days that bring me sweat again.I'll take late spring,summer then early fall long before winter.

"I love winter,you can always wear more clothing to stay warm,(yeah,and be so restricted you can't move)you can only take so many clothes off in the summer" :p

Any of you that had to work on a motor vehicles for a living would learn to hate the cold and wet associated with them in the colder seasons. On the first snow day,there were always long lines formed to put snow tires on,yet another expense that adds to the misery. If I had a dollar for each time slush or snow dripped down my neck over the years I would have been retired by age 40. The towing business really picks up in the nastiest of winter,but then again,you are required to drive an ill-handling vehicle to go recover a fool on the same road they either got stuck on or crashed on. Can't blow it off when it is a police call,or they will bounce you out of the rotation immediately. Always a hoot to crawl under a ride with slush and snow on the road to hook one up too.
"then get a rollback then" to have more area to shovel snow and crash on a nasty road. They handle much like a huge toboggan too...really fun to drive...NOT!

Nothing cooler than to watch the salt they use on our roads during the winter dissolve the metal on anything that runs on a roadway.Cinders are a great way to sandblast the finish off your ride,plus they are excellent for cracking your windshield too...;)
Second season on a bike ends when the cinders they pile on the roads for winter traction limit the adhesion on a motorcycle tire. That is usually by the middle of February and it isn't safe to ride again until later in May.

I just love to swim in 50 degree weather too,especially if the water is near the same temp :p
Boating in a winter jacket is also a great time until the river or lake freezes...that kind of rules out good swimming too...don't forget to winterize your watercraft immediately afterwards either,because it will freeze and break if you don't take precautions.

All that typing and thinking made me break a sweat :D I love it!

Summer is my season of hopelessness and depression. I hope this summer I survive without a hospitalization .... unlike the previous two.

Am I the only one to hate summer? Oddly, I feel at my worst during the long, hot, and humid days.

I long for the days of autumn and winter. My own circadian rhythm prefers the shorter, colder days. I feel more alive and more hopeful. Why is this? Most folks feel glum when summer is over whereas I breathe a sigh of relief.

I used to think that there were not so many people who don't like very hot summer days. I also hate such days if i can't be in the forest or rest at a lake to cool myself down with swimming every hour. And because of our work we can't do that so often, right? I think, dry heat is easier to endure than a merely tropical climate. I also hate bright sunlight sometimes causing me migraine, prefer a cloudy sky, otherwise I MUST wear sunglasses.

I'm also confronted with sleeping problems. I can only sleep 5 hours during the night, waking up at 4:30 - 5:00 a.m. because of the early rising sun. Usually thankful to live near a forest there is also a problem with very loud bird singing (there are hundreds of them). But as I use to sleep with ear plugs and have very dark curtains I can cope with that.

I hate summer. The heat makes me really uncomfortable and irritable, and makes it hard to sleep. I prefer temperatures in the upper 60's to low 70's.

Winter is my favorite season, but in pretty much all the offices I have worked, they crank up the heat as soon as the temperatures drop, so it feels like it might as well be mid-summer inside. There are always a few people that still complain about being too cold and demand the temperature be raised even more, even though the heat is already hellish and it is much warmer in the building than it was when the the air conditioning was on during summer. I don't know why they can't just put on a sweater.

I have always had trouble with spring and summer, spring especially. I recently did some research on this and found that there is a form of SAD that is triggered by spring/summer, thought to be caused by the discomfort of high heat and humidity, longer daylight hours or possibly allergies.

While I understand the discomfort from heat, and know that I often get daylight overload, I think my problem is a little more nuanced (read: crazy).

While I love nature, spending time in forests, flowers, that sort of thing, I also get overwhelmed by the fecundity of spring and early summer, how things seem to grow so quickly. I am startled by how things go from bare branches and brown grasses to green everywhere, grasses and weeds up to your knees, the understory blocking out the view into the woods. I feel really closed in. The rapid change throws me for a loop, I feel like things just get out of hand and I can't beat them back. This has gotten worse since I became a homeowner.

I tend to fare better in coniferous, alpine environments, or dryer more desert/Mediterranean environments, they seem more stable to me. However, I did spend several months in the rainy side of the Big Island of Hawaii, and got to really like the deep rainforest, big ferns, palm trees. There is very little variation between seasons throughout the year there as well.

Yet here I am, still in the northern midwest with it's wild seasonal swings. I do love fall and winter, though.

It was this recent seasonal change that started me thinking about how change has powerful, not-so-positive effects on me, and spring is a time of transition. So it is also wrapped up in the end of school years, end of phases, changes in status (graduation, etc.) which have always given me a lot of anxiety.

Last edited:
Ok...the warmer weather does annoy me in using the ceiling fan. Tends to cool off most any cooked food I'm eating. :eek:

Summer is crazy. It's a volcano outside, and the Antarctic inside. As much as I hate extreme heat, I also hate how most people take air-conditioning to the extreme. I am actually using a space heater in my room year-round just to keep the temperature mild, because my mom likes the house freezing and it leaks into my room even though I've got my vent closed.

Which reminds me, a lot of people want it cold inside even in winter. In the past I've been at church in winter and been comfortable with the temperature inside, while everyone else was complaining about it being too hot and opening the windows to let in the winter cold (which they also complained about).

And in the summer they love it when it's 90 and humid outside, but complain about it being 75 inside. I don't understand humans.

I live in Texas and it can reach temperature of 125 F and I work outside in heavy demin Long sleeve shirts and heavy demin jeans. :eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom