• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bleach splash

thejuice

Do you change clothes to bleach stuff I never bother and end up splashing bleach on clothes eventually

Truthfully. I see bleach as more of a sanitizing cleaner, than for clothes. Though I know it's used for clothes. Specifically white colored clothing. Such as socks, teeshirts, and underwear.

Really though, I think bleach is used as the nuclear option for stains. Mostly because people are lazy and don't want to try other methods of cleaning clothes.

Hate the smell of bleach. Like including vinegar in the wash, the odor lingers and I don’t like smelling it on me. Being a detail-oriented kind of guy, I do a pretty good job of avoiding the stains and the bleach splash. If I see a stain, I use a spwerch of stain remover.

Using bleach in the laundry feels to me like using a shotgun against cockroaches.

Ouch. Reminds me of the time I poured bleach directly on top of my prized brushed denim pants in an effort to lighten their color. Oops. :rolleyes:

Of course the bleach directly applied to the fabric while in the washer transformed it more into something "tie-dyed"....and ruined it. Quite a lesson in the relationship between fabric and bleach.

On rare occasion I still use bleach, but quite sparingly and usually associated only with whites. :oops:

Last edited:
I read the topic as “beach splash” and thought it was going to be about a party at the sea shore.

Yes. I have ruined clothes I was wearing when I used bleach. I am a slow learner, but I ruin enough clothes so now I do change my clothes before using bleach.

I don’t use it for laundry. But I do use it to minimize stains in my sink, sterilize the sink prior to canning, and it will lift off burned on crud from cooking pots.

It's a running joke that almost all of my clothes have bleach staining of some sort. Am just clumsy and have dropsy when it comes to it, partly ASD related but also absentmindedness and low progesterone.
C0VID era got me in the bad habit of bleaching (and compulsive handwashing). Probably ought to either wear an apron or a specific set of ruined clothes to use it, or otherwise stop using it altogether. I like the above suggestions about less toxic solutions (thanks @Yeshuasdaughter!)

Do you change clothes to bleach stuff I never bother and end up splashing bleach on clothes eventually
Dilute the bleach for use and rinse it off immediately if you splash. You could also wear an apron. For just cleaning/sterilizing around the house, don't use bleach. Use something like Pine-Sol. Works just as good.

It's a running joke that almost all of my clothes have bleach staining of some sort. Am just clumsy and have dropsy when it comes to it, partly ASD related but also absentmindedness and low progesterone.
C0VID era got me in the bad habit of bleaching (and compulsive handwashing). Probably ought to either wear an apron or a specific set of ruined clothes to use it, or otherwise stop using it altogether. I like the above suggestions about less toxic solutions (thanks @Yeshuasdaughter!)
I ruined a lot of clothes during COVID, I actually went a little kooky. Back when they were telling you to wash shopping based on faulty studies and such. I put clothes hats shoes through 90 degree washes and ruined them. Madness, I was running on pure anxiety.

Not clothes but I have some crocheted curtains that I sometimes leave to soak in a mild bleach solution. Because over time they get a little yellow from the sun and air pollutants. And bleach makes them white and nice again.

New Threads

Top Bottom