• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My trip

Masked Man

Hi all,

Well I made it back! I spent two weeks in Italy doing a tour with some friends. I had a lot of great food, great wine, and I took lots and lots of photos. I won't paste all here - just a few.

The first two were in Venice. The next is obviously the Colosseum - this is what you see when you get off the metro station - you immediately are faced with the enormity of the whole thing. After that is a photo of the resort town of Lugano which is actually in Switzerland in the Italian lake region. And finally is the leaning tower of Pisa.

Trip was good overall but I am also glad to be back at home. My feet were sore from all the walking we did! Anyway hope you enjoy the photos!

venice.jpg
boats.jpg
colosseum.jpg
lugano.jpg
leaningtower.jpg

Wow, wow, wow. That's all l can say. Just magnificent. These pictures are spectacular. Did you have any favorite meals? I want to print those out and try to paint them.

Wow, wow, wow. That's all l can say. Just magnificent. These pictures are spectacular. Did you have any favorite meals? I want to print those out and try to paint them.
Thanks! I personally like the gondola one, but it's hard to take a bad photo anywhere in Italy. Everywhere you look is something spectacularly pretty.

Favorite meal? Not sure about that one. They eat a lot of pasta obviously, and I'm not a huge fan. Not a huge fan of pizza either (yes, I know that's weird). I was a fan though of their coffee. Coffee is plentiful and they take it seriously. Even at a lowly truck stop you can get a very nice espresso or latte. And not from a machine - all truck and motor stops have these big espresso makers behind a counter and several baristas to make your coffee. So it's quality. It was funny because I'm a coffee and espresso fan, but my other American friends weren't so much and they were complaining about the coffee having "too much foam." I was loving it!

Coffee, expresso, perfect day. My great-grandmother always told to eat her delish food in Italian with the typical hand gesture.

Lugano is one of the best places in Europe I think. I would have just stayed there if I were you, never gone home. :D

I know it was stunningly beautiful, wish we could have spent more time there but we were only there for the day.

It really is great, not just the way it looks and how nice everything is but the weather. Humid subtropical climate, hot summers and mild winters. Not much rain. And of course Lake Lugano, the icing on the cake. :) Really nice pictures, looks like a fun trip.

Ahhh Lugano, surely one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Between that and Annecy for my retirement (in my dreams)

@Masked Man
Did you get to go in one of those little red boats in the Lugano picture? Those look like tons of fun.
No we didn't have time. We had a boat tour scheduled that we had to get to and I took this photo while waiting for our tour boat to arrive. It does look fun though. It was a nice day and people were out on the lake enjoying themselves.

New Threads

Top Bottom