• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Vegetarian recipes

vergil96

Do you know satiating vegetarian or vegan recipes that are rich in protein and fat (low carb diet) that can be eaten by someone allergic to gluten and nuts? I also wonder about what can be eaten for lunch/dinner (the largest meal) that isn't meat and is low carb? Recipes with dairy and eggs are fine for me. Legumes are fine too. I have problems with whole grains very often. Allergy to gluten means any kind of pancakes and dumplings are off the table. I have a source of gluten-free pasta that is actually tasty.

Buy some protein powder for those times when your diet is deficient. 80% protein and 0 calories. Just mix with water, tastes like a chocolate milk. You can get all sorts of flavours actually.

On one hand, I feel like it would be more ethical to eat less meat, and on the other hand, I default to meat so much at this point, especially since getting the low-carb recommendation for hypoglycemia, that I think this might be a health concern in the long term.

I love vegeburgers.

Plus you can use it in tacos with some taco seasoning instead of shaping into burgers. Like healthy corn tortillas.

New Threads

Top Bottom