• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Oz67

Sometimes I have severe OCD with derealization and lack of insight/delusional beliefs and nightmares.

Have you reached out to a doctor already? It doesn't seem like a normal OCD symptom to have delusions and lack of insight.

@Oz67
Are all of those officially diagnosed?
Yeah, I mean, we can't diagnose someone over the internet, as we're not professionals and internet posts offer limited perspective as well. Whatever it is, though, it sounds very worrisome and like it needs immediate attention, especially since you've been posting on here about similar issues for quite a bit of time already. I thought you were going to see a doctor and get help, because it sounds deliberating. Having rushed thoughts to the degree that you describe, that you can't second-guess them or can't resist them, can lead to very serious problems.

Yeah, I mean, we can't diagnose someone over the internet, as we're not professionals and internet posts offer limited perspective as well. Whatever it is, though, it sounds very worrisome and like it needs immediate attention, especially since you've been posting on here about similar issues for quite a bit of time already. I thought you were going to see a doctor and get help, because it sounds deliberating. Having rushed thoughts to the degree that you describe, that you can't second-guess them or can't resist them, can lead to very serious problems.

I feel bad for being annoying. I wasn't feeling well, I am sorry 😔

I see my own brand of OCD (formally diagnosed 1982) as having some routine experiences that might amount to very brief, "micro-delusions". Such as the moment I look for my parked car in a crowded lot and can't see it. When I momentarily panic thinking my car has been stolen- again. Classic PTSD stuff.

Of course the feeling immediately dissipates once I see my car again. And yet the process will happen again and again and again, as it has for decades. Where CBT simply didn't work in my case. Equally I manage to check my front door to be locked....often at least four times every day. :rolleyes:

You are not alone...

I see my own brand of OCD (formally diagnosed 1982) as having some routine experiences that might amount to very brief, "micro-delusions". Such as the moment I look for my parked car in a crowded lot and can't see it. When I momentarily panic thinking my car has been stolen- again. Classic PTSD stuff.

Of course the feeling immediately dissipates once I see my car again. And yet the process will happen again and again and again, as it has for decades. Where CBT simply didn't work in my case.

That makes sense.

I feel bad for being annoying. I wasn't feeling well, I am sorry 😔
You're not annoying, it's okay. You post whatever you feel like posting, and that's fine. I wasn't angry, I don't know why I would seem annoyed, but I'm not. Perhaps my responses are just long-winded and it's all there is to it.

I have this anxiety that I am doing something wrong until someone reassures me that I am a good person and a friendly guy.
I agree with @tree that you have not annoyed me. It does seem like a common worry for you though (being annoying to others).

Perhaps, when you have that feeling you can practice reassuring yourself that you are okay. You have a few instances here on the forum where you felt like you were being annoying, but then people reassured you that you were not. Maybe you can use this evidence to help calm your worries about being annoying.

I agree with @tree that you have not annoyed me. It does seem like a common worry for you though (being annoying to others).

Perhaps, when you have that feeling you can practice reassuring yourself that you are okay. You have a few instances here on the forum where you felt like you were being annoying, but then people reassured you that you were not. Maybe you can use this evidence to help calm your worries about being annoying.

Thanks ;)

You're not annoying, it's okay. You post whatever you feel like posting, and that's fine. I wasn't angry, I don't know why I would seem annoyed, but I'm not. Perhaps my responses are just long-winded and it's all there is to it.

Thanks ;)

Hi! I have read sometimes that OCD can be quite common with ASD persons. I have BDD (body dysmorphic disorder), which is often misunderstood, as it's not commonly known that it is "just" another form of OCD. I often get other non-related strange intrusive thoughts too, that may prevent me from sleeping or doing things (they might be trauma related at times though, but sometimes they seem to be unrelated to my traumas). These happen more commonly when I'm even a little stressed out.
I developed this OCD/BDD at the age of 4, but was only diagnosed at 30 because the diagnosis of BDD wasn't known by my psychiatrists before, and I also felt too ashamed to talk about it anyway as I didn't know it existed as a diagnosis either.
I also have medications for this, and I try to do some self-therapy the best I can (official therapy methods haven't worked in my case).
I hope your medication helps you a bit. OCD type of illness can definitely be difficult to handle at times.

Hi! I have read sometimes that OCD can be quite common with ASD persons. I have BDD (body dysmorphic disorder), which is often misunderstood, as it's not commonly known that it is "just" another form of OCD. I often get other non-related strange intrusive thoughts too, that may prevent me from sleeping or doing things (they might be trauma related at times though, but sometimes they seem to be unrelated to my traumas). These happen more commonly when I'm even a little stressed out.
I developed this OCD/BDD at the age of 4, but was only diagnosed at 30 because the diagnosis of BDD wasn't known by my psychiatrists before, and I also felt too ashamed to talk about it anyway as I didn't know it existed as a diagnosis either.
I also have medications for this, and I try to do some self-therapy the best I can (official therapy methods haven't worked in my case).
I hope your medication helps you a bit. OCD type of illness can definitely be difficult to handle at times.
;)

New Threads

Top Bottom