• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What STUPID things that people do really annoy you?

When my sister keeps tapping the table and doesn't stop even after I politely asked her to.
Like stop.
*tap tap tap*

Please.
*tap tap tap*

It's driving me crazy.
*tap tap tap*

I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL JUMP OUT OF THE WINDOW IF YOU DON'T STOP RIGHT NOW YOU-

o_O

The whole concept that people with ASD aren't "normal" annoys the crap out of me! Define "normal" FFS! In most cases were have a head, 2 eyes, lips, a body, 2 each of arms and legs, therefore to me we ARE "normal", the only people who say disabled people in general aren't are moronic Daily Mail readers who think all disabled people are work shy benefit scroungers.

Forgive me for ranting here but it's one of the many issues I feel VERY strongly about.

When my sister keeps tapping the table and doesn't stop even after I politely asked her to.
Like stop.
*tap tap tap*

Please.
*tap tap tap*

It's driving me crazy.
*tap tap tap*

I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL JUMP OUT OF THE WINDOW IF YOU DON'T STOP RIGHT NOW YOU-

o_O
...or repeatedly clicking pens, or clipping and unclipping watchstraps, or fiddling with belt buckles, or eating with mouths open, or making clicky throat noises, or kicking off the sofa to spin the spinny chair round...

I, too, always ask politely for them to stop. I may as well not waste my breath. Never have kids. *grump grump

People, particularly Americans, who can't speak or post on Facebook etc without every second word being some form of swear word.

Only exception is Brendan "Mrs Brown" O'Carroll, one of THE funniest comedians of all time IMHO, and every other word he says as Mrs Brown is an F word, so funny.

Ooh, following from that @richallen, people who say "like" every other word. It reminds me of the seagulls in Finding Nemo. My sister is a "like" person, and although she is very intelligent it makes her sound much less so.

And people who clap or slap their thigh when they like something on tv. The people you're clapping can't hear you, arsehat!

Ooh, following from that @richallen, people who say "like" every other word. It reminds me of the seagulls in Finding Nemo. My sister is a "like" person, and although she is very intelligent it makes her sound much less so.

And people who clap or slap their thigh when they like something on tv. The people you're clapping can't hear you, arsehat!
Unfortunately for me I subsconsciously echo others' speech and people saying like a lot is one of the things I accidentally pick up on and echo.

I employed a younger guy that was a chronic "liker"
He drove me nuts :rolleyes:

OK, so NTs are normal and Aspies are weird. Please explain how a "normal" person can set his watch or clock X number of minutes ahead so he won't be late? How can he not immediately realize when he looks at said clock that the real time is NOT what the clock says? Furthermore, hiw does someone who does this avoid being considered the real weird person? :S

My Bold.

Could you possibly be any more offensive? Contrary to the opinion of people who don't understand, people with AS or any other form of Autism are NOT "Weird" or "Odd", we are just as "normal" as the rest of the humans in this World.... Define "normal" anyway?! We have a head, which contains a brain, OK it might not work as well as a "normal" person's, but it works, we also have full use of both sets of limbs.

Also, people who smoke even though they know full well that it's bad for them....My Dad used to have 3 sisters, now he just has Auntie Irene, his twin sister, Auntie Marilyn, and Auntie Barbara both died of smoking related illnesses several years ago.

Last edited:
My Bold.

Could you possibly be any more offensive? Contrary to the opinion of people who don't understand, people with AS or any other form of Autism are NOT "Weird" or "Odd", we are just as "normal" as the rest of the humans in this World.... Define "normal" anyway?! We have a head, which contains a brain, OK it might not work as well as a "normal" person's, but it works, we also have full use of both sets of limbs.

Also, people who smoke even though they know full well that it's bad for them....My Dad used to have 3 sisters, now he just has Auntie Irene, his twin sister, Auntie Marilyn, and Auntie Barbara both died of smoking related illnesses several years ago.
Aspieistj I grew up with parents who did this to all the clocks. In. The. House. Ugh. Confusing, so it didn't help me a bit.
Rich Allen I think Aspiestj meant the opposite. After reading her words a few times, it seems she was kind of ranting. In other words against the idea of us being considered weird.

OK, so NTs are normal and Aspies are weird. Please explain how a "normal" person can set his watch or clock X number of minutes ahead so he won't be late? How can he not immediately realize when he looks at said clock that the real time is NOT what the clock says? Furthermore, hiw does someone who does this avoid being considered the real weird person? :S
It's all psychological. NTs are not the only ones who might set their clocks ahead of time. lol ;)

Is thriftyness an Aspie thing? . . ..
Unfortunately, I know aspies who are not thrifty. They spend like there's not tomorrow and many of them aren't even making their own money. They also tend to be okay to ask you for a ride, but won't try to give you the same in return. Sadly that is not an aspie specific thing- a lot of NTs do it too. Some knowingly too.

There are definitely many NTs who are thrifty. Many people in finance may tend to be thrifty. I don't believe Suze Orman is an aspie, and she is definitely more than thrifty.

My semi-new friend that I'm trying to get a friendship going with called me last night right after I got home from running errands and being at work for 3.5 hrs. It was 6pm and I had not eaten anything all day and was exhausted. She wanted to know if I wanted to go out to eat somewhere. Mind you that I have been trying to get her to go out to eat for over a month and a half now, so why does she think I'm just going to drop everything I'm doing and go out to eat on the spur of the moment? I'm not a spur of the moment girl. I, at least, need a day in advance for planning something. I don't think that's asking too much. I told her that I was just too tired and that I wouldn't be very good company. She acted like a two year old! I could tell she was pissed off because she sounded annoyed and got off the phone quick. I don't understand where she comes off acting like that. I just came out and told her if she wants to do something in the future, I need to have at least a days advance notice. Spur of the moment people really annoy me - how can they do something spur of the moment, but not be able to make a planned event????????!!!!!!!
It's okay for her to be last minute. It's not okay for her to expect you to accept when it's last minute. If she's so desperate, she should offer to pay for your meal at least. Some people use last minute as an excuse for making you a backup option or a 2nd class citizen.

When people don't tell you what is expected of you because you 'Should know'. This just ends up annoying them because I didn't do it, and me because they didn't say it.

I was in a nice cream shop a few days ago. The shop had it's prices of items listed as 4.5 or 10. Instead of $4.50 or $10.00. It was really hard to understand. A bit like seeing a foreign language that everyone else knows.

New Threads

Top Bottom