• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things that people do that really annoy you

people who say something didnt get said or didnt happen because they didnt see it for themselves.
for an example,was told by a user on WP that theres never been anything bad said against LFAs on there as they havent seen it,despite the fact had pointed out it has on many ocasions including comments said directly at self and that people dont pick up on what they dont relate to.
another example,telling day support staff that the waking night staff had started sleeping as soon as the sleep in night staff went to bed.
they said it didnt happen because they dont have the proof and shoud have woke them up,had woke them up two days earlier when another waking night staff decided to have a slumber and was ranted at the next day and sent into meltdown. /faceplants wall.

!. Offending me because they have ingested alcohol then brushing it off souber " oh i was drunk".
2. Any animal cruelty (especially in china, the most cruel and inhumane country to animals)
3. Drunk people who are all over you and chatty, putting you name into their phone, but don't want to speak when sober ( Swedish people are good at this)
4. Complaining about someone behind their back for hours then doing the exact same thing to me.
5. People telling me to smile or hurry up.
6. People telling me i should do this and should do that.
7. Everything most people do , (and their kids)
8. Putting money over EVRYTHING else.
9. Being selfish and greedy.
10. Being ignorant and uncaring.

but hey lets not dwell on the negative :)

One thing that gets me is when someone is telling me something and branch off on to about 20 different subjects before they finish talking about the original thing they were saying, that is if they remember it!
I find this really annoying as well and whenever I ask a person to go back and finish the point of the original topic they catch an attitude with me as if THEY'RE annoyed. Or they give me this really weird look as if I'm the strange one. It's like wtf, I just listened to all ur BS for nothing and I didn't really wanna hear it to begin with. Frickin' weirdos.

I'm a field service tech. When I get done with a job, customers often ask what was wrong or what I did to fix it. I explain until it's obvious that their uncomfortable and have no idea what I'm talking about. If they didn't want to know, why did they ask? I could just say "it broke, I fix".
I've had this happen almost every time I've fixed a pc issue for my family or friends. They all ask how I fixed the issue and I take this deep breath because I know they're not going to understand most of what I'm about to say no matter how simple the explanation is. You know how we're always told to use words that the end user or consumer will understand and not get too "techy" with our language. But they always ask and then are too lazy to even attempt to understand what we're saying. Then the conversation just ends awkwardly or they try to give their own half assed understanding of what you've just said that makes almost no sense. I'm almost always caught between wanting to explain further to make sure they actually understand and simply nodding my head along just to get the nightmare over with. Lol

I've had this happen almost every time I've fixed a pc issue for my family or friends. They all ask how I fixed the issue and I take this deep breath because I know they're not going to understand most of what I'm about to say no matter how simple the explanation is. You know how we're always told to use words that the end user or consumer will understand and not get too "techy" with our language. But they always ask and then are too lazy to even attempt to understand what we're saying. Then the conversation just ends awkwardly or they try to give their own half assed understanding of what you've just said that makes almost no sense. I'm almost always caught between wanting to explain further to make sure they actually understand and simply nodding my head along just to get the nightmare over with. Lol
I always explain away, in great detail, because I get a lot of amusement out of seeing that look of utter stupefaction on their faces.

A STUPID THING A PERSON DID TO ANNOY THE HECK OUTTA ME!!!

Something was told to me yesterday by a co-worker that I see as very nice and easy to work with that made me "hopping mad!" :mad: Sometimes at work we have what is called "down time" and as long as our work is completed we can do something else within reason (such as reading, etc.). She said someone turned her in for READING HER BIBLE. Who would do such a thing?! We even work in a religious facility where Bibles are easily accessible. I have no problem with people being whatever religion they want to be or no religion at all, BUT leave other people alone who are religious and minding their own damn business! And if it bothers them that much that someone is reading a Bible around them, then go find another job in a non-religious facility, you SACRILIGIOUS A-HOLES!!!
My co-worker is just too nice to say anything, but if I ever find out who it was that turned her in I'm going to give them a piece of my mind! I suppose it would have been OK for her to be reading "50 Shades of Gray"!! (Which, by the way, many of the nurses were reading at work and talking about it back when it was popular.)

The supervisor sent out an email and said it was more than OK to be reading a Bible during any "down time".

Them: "I was hoping you could dumb it down enough to explain to me."
Me: "Ok, but that might take as much time as it did for me to fix it. Are we still on the clock?"
Them: "Never mind."
Me: "Uh huh." :p
I will ask people to tell me like they were telling their grandmother.

I hate when people who know nothing about the subject pretend they're experts and keep arguing even though they're wrong.
I hate when people ask why I don't have kids like if it was something completely unnatural.
I hate when people sit next to me in public transportation, take up more than their seat and touch me with their thighs and arms. I've asked large people to move to a different seat due to this, I felt terrible, but it was either that or jumping out of the window at that point. I feel I'm entitled to the entire space of my seat even though I'm thin.
I hate when people can't take no for an answer, like if you go to a market and the salesmen will follow you around trying to sell you things, or men hitting on you in a club.

Last edited:
I hate when people ask why I don't have kids like if it was something completely unnatural.

This. I can't even wrap my head around the fact that people think this is an appropriate question to ask. Surely they realize the pain of carrying a child to term, giving birth, all the effort and tears and money that goes along with it?!

This. I can't even wrap my head around the fact that people think this is an appropriate question to ask. Surely they realize the pain of carrying a child to term, giving birth, all the effort and tears and money that goes along with it?!
That's what I'm saying. I've always thought that was such a stupid question. Like, excuse me for not wanting to go through the pain of bringing a child into this world only for it to grow up poor because I can't support it. Ppl act like I'm a weirdo for not having a kid yet or even being married. Ummm everyone lives a different lifestyle. We don't all have the same time frame.

They make it sound like it's a pinnacle of achievements too.

I hate it when I'm explaining something of my experiences and the NT reply is
"You don't need to have Aspergers to experience _______." or
"Even I experience _______."

I think they are trying to be helpful and show I'm not abnormal, but it comes across as dismissing or negating the experience.

Oh I hear this, I work in IT Networking Security with a wonderful product that's very... qwerky in some ways.

Sometimes I can't even explain how I fixed it, just end up saying "It does it in a weird way, you have to do x, y and z and then it works" luckily I work with other businesses so talking to their techies can be a bit easier than end-users.

I remember working in the NHS a colleague of mine had to tell a doctor to take the cable out of the printer and spin it around to "release anything stuck in it" because he refused to with our original explanation. Stubbornness!

Any way, off point - branching off on random topics mid conversation just confuses me entirely. Some customers are clearly very scatty and I just get completely lost at the point they're trying to make.. I have to say "let's address one issue at a time" otherwise you end up with a gigantic tangled mess of complex issues.

One of my ex's bug bears was people who say "careful" when you hurt yourself, he said it doesn't make sense nor does it help. Which he's right, but even I understand it's a way of showing you care.. I swear he had AS tendencies.

The stupidiest thing people do that annoya me is not granting a proper education to those who excel amongst the others. We are in a society that relies on treating everyone the same way and that's not fair for those who can give more. So if you want a further level of education you better have money to foot the bills.

Rude fat people. I understand they may not be happy with their weight, so I try to be very careful and pretend I don't notice or say anything remotely hurtful. And then they make some scathing remark how I'm a bag of bones or a vain whore, like I'm skinny to intentionally make them feel bad or because I've let my pride get out of control. I have health issues, you judgmental basket case. You can't lose and I can't gain, it's not that hard a concept to grasp!

I also hate when people expect me to dress skimpy. I get cold easy and I don't want the attention. I especially hate women who think going to the doctor is the best thing ever and criticise me heavily for not adoring getting naked for a total stranger like they do.

I do NOT like those people who think you are selfish for having hair. Why am I obligated to donate it? If they want hair donated so badly, why do they never grow it out and donate it themselves? Why is it my responsibility? Because they're impatient? And why do people think that long hair is an invitation to be touched? Which leads me to my next irritation. I especially do not like people who cannot keep their hands to themselves. I don't go around grabbing their hair or taking their books away from them while they're reading or anything like that, why do they think they can be that rude and then accuse me of being socially unacceptable because I ask politely for things I want.

A STUPID THING A PERSON DID TO ANNOY THE HECK OUTTA ME!!!

Something was told to me yesterday by a co-worker that I see as very nice and easy to work with that made me "hopping mad!" :mad: Sometimes at work we have what is called "down time" and as long as our work is completed we can do something else within reason (such as reading, etc.). She said someone turned her in for READING HER BIBLE. Who would do such a thing?! We even work in a religious facility where Bibles are easily accessible. I have no problem with people being whatever religion they want to be or no religion at all, BUT leave other people alone who are religious and minding their own damn business! And if it bothers them that much that someone is reading a Bible around them, then go find another job in a non-religious facility, you SACRILIGIOUS A-HOLES!!!
My co-worker is just too nice to say anything, but if I ever find out who it was that turned her in I'm going to give them a piece of my mind! I suppose it would have been OK for her to be reading "50 Shades of Gray"!! (Which, by the way, many of the nurses were reading at work and talking about it back when it was popular.)

The supervisor sent out an email and said it was more than OK to be reading a Bible during any "down time".
Exactly. People should mind their own business, but turning someone in? Honestly! Those id***s deserve to be whacked in the face with a bible! lol

Is thriftyness an Aspie thing? I try very hard never to use cash. I use a credit for purchases even smaller than a dollar, if allowed to do so. I never overspend and always pay the credit card balance in full at the end of the month. I am retired and my house and car are paid for so I can always avoid interest charges. If I needed something like a different house or car I would have to use credit but these are the only purchases I would consider buying on credit. Almost every cent I spend is on the card, I never pay interest, and I enjoy the cash back rewards. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I were throwing away money on interest. I used to laugh at my mother in law. She would get up early to get to a good sale, shove to the front of the line with her elbows flying, buy all kinds of stuff she didn't need, and then "make payments" for months while she bragged at how much monet she saved.
I seem to spend to. I pay my bills and use the rest for food books or events. I don't know if the concept of saving and even the concept of money itself holds any real value.

New Threads

Top Bottom