• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What STUPID things that people do really annoy you?

When someone says they aren't good at arranging dates with you for meeting, but yet they are okay with buying a concert ticket 4+ months in advance and attending that. It is really all about potentially planning multiple activities and prioritizing and respecting others to that level (or not) rather than "not being good at planning."

Sorry but this kind of thing winds me up immensely, define "normal" Aspies have a head, 2 arms, 2 legs and a body, OK in some cases that body might not work as well as an NT person's, but it's still a "normal" body, therefore "Aspies" are "normal", contrary to the contrived opinion of the Daily Mail readers who think all disabled people are work shy wastes of skin.

Contrary to popular belief, I am NOT work shy, up to about this time last week I had 2 voluntary jobs, for personal reasons I had to give the second job up. I am in the process of looking for another second job.

Another thing that is winding me up of late is the coverage of the whole "Brexit" debate, apparently poor old Theresa May's got her knickers in a twist about the EU's demand to make our exit hard! What gets me though is that if it wasn't for all the hardcore Daily Fail reading racists who hate immigrants the vote 2 months ago may have gone the other way to REMAIN!.

rich,keep on ignoring their crap-ASD people if anything are not work shy,as so many of us want to prove to the world that we arent the burdens they said we were.

as for stupid things, i hate it when elderly people think they can push in front of you in a cue just because theyre old,i cant cope with ques and my behavior can be erratic while waiting to get my stuff paid for,so i dont need someone pushing in front of me regardless of age,some of my support staff let them in front and i wish i coud scream WTF stop what your doing and get TF to the back of the que. grrrrr,it annoys me.

People who fall for catfishing annoy me. I get that they are so desperate for love and are very lonely but I don't get how their fear of being dumb and taken advantage of and tricked won't stop them from falling for it.

Also people who are late to everything also annoy me. My husband's family is good at this. They will make plans but are slow at everything and late to everything. I found a trick online that people do is they will give someone the wrong time who is always late just so they will be on time. For example instead of telling them to be there at four, they say be there at two thirty. I told my husband today we should do this to his family since they are late at everything.

Last edited:
2) The ability to change past events (or perhaps the meaning of past events) over time depending on the circumstances. I, and most AS folks, have an good memory. I have learned to just go with the flow on this but it's still annoying.

I don't know whether these people have bad memories or simply will them to change - but that's another conversation.

My mom does this with my childhood. She has changed my past. I swear she has gotten amnesia.

Tailgaters also annoy me. I also found out the reason why my mom drivers slower isn't to piss them off, it's so she will have more room to slow down and stop if a car in front of her slams on their breaks so the person behind her won't rear end her.

My mom does this with my childhood. She has changed my past. I swear she has gotten amnesia.

Mine too. She'll deny having said things that I clearly remember her saying. When I refuse to back down she says she meant something else by it than I thought, and it is always some outlandish interpretation that no one could expect even a neurotypical kid to get from what she said, let alone a neurotypical adult.

The whole concept that people with ASD aren't "normal" annoys the crap out of me! Define "normal" FFS! In most cases were have a head, 2 eyes, lips, a body, 2 each of arms and legs, therefore to me we ARE "normal", the only people who say disabled people in general aren't are moronic Daily Mail readers who think all disabled people are work shy benefit scroungers.

Forgive me for ranting here but it's one of the many issues I feel VERY strongly about.

Rant away, you are perfectly entitled to!

Same here. My husband of just six week, (thankfully I escaped two months ago) insisted I needed professional help to 'cure' me of my aspies - as if I were defective:mad:. He truly thought he could change me.

What those words have done to me is indescribable - it will take a very long time to recover from him - but I will.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with us.

In fact, I have a very high IQ - I am not stupid and I don't need fixed. This last line is directed to him by the way.....!

:)

I really hate it when unqualified people say "You can't be on the spectrum because I've seen autistic children and ...." :mad:

Maybe they never heard " if you've met one person with autism .... "

Mine too. She'll deny having said things that I clearly remember her saying. When I refuse to back down she says she meant something else by it than I thought, and it is always some outlandish interpretation that no one could expect even a neurotypical kid to get from what she said, let alone a neurotypical adult.

Does she have amnesia about any of your autistic symptoms?

I can't stand it when I'm at work and clearly in the middle of concentrating on something (such as counting money or adding up checks) and my very oblivious boss feels the need to interrupt and start explaining something completely unrelated that she wants me to do, and then I lose all concentration and have to start over. :mad:

New Threads

Top Bottom