• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween

halloween scares me,in several residential care homes ive lived in,we had eggs thrown at the windows on halloween by kids who wondered why our support staff didnt have sweets for them,halloween makes me worry that people are going to do nasty things to my place and scare my cat.
i also hate bonfire night which follows halloween, or bonfire season [as it lasts so long now],you guys in america get to escape this 'holiday' dont you, i absolutely cannot cope with fireworks and have to be doped up on extra lorazepam for a while before and a while after bonfire night,id love it if fireworks were noise free,as i love looking at firework apps on my phone but britain insists on making them noisy. :mad:

Catlover614

You aren't obligated to continue looking at it.
Other people may have things to say, but
you don't need to feel that you must watch/
listen.

I don't have to justify my reasons for not liking Halloween or anything else.
I think this thread is done.
You have your reasons to not like Halloween, thats your right dont feel bad, Im ok not everyone likes stuff what others like. Your not a bad person and I still like you.

Last edited:
This year Halloween falls on a Wednesday, which is Pub night for the Quiz, so if it's OK with Dad I might go out dressed up.

Christians ruined it by appropriating its Pagan roots. Much like they did with many aspects of Easter and Christmas (both of which are also solstice-style celebrations).

Last edited:
We never get any trick or treaters despite living in a neighborhood but everyone goes to nicer neighborhoods to trick or treat. Even when I lived in an apartment, there were not many trick or treaters in our neighborhood despite being in a city.

My kids enjoy it so they dress up and get candy. We don't do anything else. I also enjoy carving pumpkins and going to the pumpkin patch but with everything costing money to do activities, it just takes the fun away. Plus pumpkins are expensive so it's cheaper to just get them at a store.

But even as a kid, we didn't go to pumpkin patches with fun activities, we would go ad get pumpkins and look in famer's market and leave. We would go to this one pumpkin patch and we would walk in the forest and see imaginary stuff and they had the hey house maze and it was free and a area where you could play in the hay and it was free. So my kids are not missing anything if we don't go to pumpkin patches with activities.

Yeah I am cheap because we don't have extra money lying around and we are not wealthy so of course it takes the fun out of us. It wasn't a big deal when it was just me and my husband but when you have a family now, it becomes costly.

And we live behind bushes so people wouldn't be able to see our decorations anyway but I have still did some decorating for my kids. Putting up fake spider webs at our front door and putting up a fake grave yard in our front yard.

I think I stopped enjoying Halloween when we moved to Montana because we were in a country so we stopped with the decorations and carving pumpkins and we only did trick or treating. Then I moved back to the city and discovered it was like living in Montana again because of no trick or treaters but we still decorated around our apartment door and decorated the inside and had out two pumpkins next to our apartment door.

I personally love Halloween. I'm not a big fan of scary movies, especially the ones that are all about gore. But I love dark things (I don't quite have the personality of a goth, but I enjoy the aesthetic). I enjoy the weird, the sort of looking-glass view of our world and its norms. Plus, the biggest part of Halloween happens after the hot, blinding sun goes down.

I stopped trick or treating but do like when my favorite jelly candies go on massive sale afterwards. :)

I stopped trick or treating but do like when my favorite jelly candies go on massive sale afterwards. :)
I stopped too long ago i was too old after lol instead i go to parties or bars but this year with covid will probaby hit the liquor store buy a buncha candy for myself to munch on, order a pizza while my land lord hands out candy and i watch scary movies.

Covid 19 Halloween might be cancelled it makes me sad but to OP halloween wont be celebrated and with st Patrick's and Easter last year. Halloween might not be celebrated.

Christians can celebrate no halloween thanks to covid 19 this year. Its not the devils birthday btw has nothing to do with satan it was originally samhein in Ireland, to ensure the spirits of relatives make it to the other side and spend time with family in the mean time while keeping bad spirits out as they cross over. Pagans yes its Celtic. We didnt worship devils we were celts it was ancient we were tribal people.Similar to the day of the dead in Mexico but it predates it we want to spend time with our family memebers spirits before they cross over while keeping bad spirits out thats it

Last edited:
Christians can celebrate no halloween thanks to covid 19 this year. Its not the devils birthday btw has nothing to do with satan it was originally samhein in Ireland, to ensure the spirits of relatives make it to the other side and spend time with family in the mean time while keeping bad spirits out as they cross over. Pagans yes its Celtic. We didnt worship devils we were celts it was ancient we were tribal people.
To be fair, Christians call any religion that isn't Christianity or Judaism "demonic," so I'm not surprised that they would call Halloween demonic due to its pagan origins.

I also have Irish/Scottish ancestry, btw. Kind of disappointed that my ancestor's cultures were almost eradicated by Christians almost immediately after Christianity was declared the official religion of the Roman empire. When Rome was ruled by pagans, they respected other peoples' cultures and didn't try to convert those they conquered to their own religion (which was essentially a copy-paste of Greek mythology, but with a few names changed around).

I dont demonize christians even after so i do though preserve my Celtic culture, Halloween an St. Patricks day hold dear to me im both Irish and Welsh.

To be fair, Christians call any religion that isn't Christianity or Judaism "demonic," so I'm not surprised that they would call Halloween demonic due to its pagan origins.

I also have Irish/Scottish ancestry, btw. Kind of disappointed that my ancestor's cultures were almost eradicated by Christians almost immediately after Christianity was declared the official religion of the Roman empire. When Rome was ruled by pagans, they respected other peoples' cultures and didn't try to convert those they conquered to their own religion (which was essentially a copy-paste of Greek mythology, but with a few names changed around).
Fun fact Celts managed to sac Rome.

I dont demonize christians even after so i do though preserve my Celtic culture, Halloween an St. Patricks day hold dear to me im both Irish and Welsh.
I don't either. I'm just saddened that they have (and are still trying to) erase pretty much all pagan cultures around the globe. I'm lowkey disgusted by their foreign "mission trips" because they mostly target pagan cultures that are in 2nd or 3rd - world countries that don't have widespread internet access, and where many are susceptible to fall for Christians' conversion tactics because they are desperate. I am pretty darn sure they're designed this way so that more people are converted. This is why in some 3rd-world pagan cultures, Christian missionaries are treated poorly. Because they don't want their cultures erased. Japan was smart to ban Christianity during the years 1614 - 1873. They did this so they knew they were strong enough to fend off the then-Christian-biased European and American armies, so they had the power to enforce that rule. They also had firearms starting in the 1800s thanks to Chinese and European traders, so they had equal firepower when armies of "Christian" nations tried to invade them. Even though Christianity is no longer banned, they still have equal firepower thanks to them now using American-made modern firearms.
Fun fact Celts managed to sac Rome.
That's an interesting fact. Maybe Rome wasn't as powerful as they thought they were.

Never be ashamed of being a Celt, Irish,Welsh,Scottish! Were warriors like rl saiyans we were even matches to Vikings and gave Romans hell.

New Threads

Top Bottom