• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween

I don't have much of a problem with Halloween in all honesty, if anything it's one of my favorite holidays due to the beautiful fall weather and the opportunity to dress up. Seeing people in creative or unique costumes is always interesting. Plus candy is never a bad thing! However, as an aspie, of course I can't help but find that the crowds that come out then are a bit of a nuisance, but this is by no means exclusive to Halloween. Or any holiday for that matter. I don't do well with crowds in general.

All in all I have no beef with Halloween, it's the holidays that I have to see family members for (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.) that I usually seem to have real trouble with.

I don't have much of a problem with Halloween in all honesty, if anything it's one of my favorite holidays due to the beautiful fall weather and the opportunity to dress up. Seeing people in creative or unique costumes is always interesting. Plus candy is never a bad thing! However, as an aspie, of course I can't help but find that the crowds that come out then are a bit of a nuisance, but this is by no means exclusive to Halloween. Or any holiday for that matter. I don't do well with crowds in general.

All in all I have no beef with Halloween, it's the holidays that I have to see family members for (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.) that I usually seem to have real trouble with.
I hate crowds, too. Candy can be eaten anytime :p.

Then why don't you just call it any day of the year bark and share it all year? :D
Just because I personally hate Halloween doesn't mean I hate people who do like Halloween. Candy is sold every day of the year. I volunteered to donate baked goods for my neighbor's party ( she's a 12 year old girl who I used to babysit). I don't need a holiday to eat candy nor do I wear costumes. I share what I can with kids, elderly, and the less fortunate as much as I can. I love to give.

Just because I personally hate Halloween doesn't mean I hate people who do like Halloween. Candy is sold every day of the year. I volunteered to donate baked goods for my neighbor's party ( she's a 12 year old girl who I used to babysit). I don't need a holiday to eat candy nor do I wear costumes. I share what I can with kids, elderly, and the less fortunate as much as I can. I love to give.
I get it,but I don't think you get me or my sense of humor :p

Never understood halloween, and glad its still not really a thing here, despite the shops promoting it.

I went to a Charity Halloween Ball last year, dressed as a Vampire, if they do the same thing this year I might go again, I'm not sure whether they'll do it on the actual day this year with Halloween itself falling on a Monday, might be the Saturday previous.

As a kid I loved Halloween for the candy and the chance to act like myself. I was always being scolded for being 'weird' but on Halloween I could act more like myself. Not sure why.

As for the candy, I loved to sort it. I had baggies and containers at the ready to sort out all my candy.

As for now, I just enjoy the creepy decorations (because I love creepy stuff) and handing out candy to kids.

I live in Salem. The reason I live in Salem is because Salem is the capital of Psychics. I thought, "I read tarot cards. If I want to make money doing this, I need to move to Salem."

Six years later, Salem is basically full of backstabbers and cutthroat shop owners who have turned this town into their personal piggy bank. What does this have to do with October? Those backstabbers and cut throats make the majority of their money on the tourism pulled in by Haunted Happenings.

I like Halloween.we meet all thew neighbous, dress up, act silly, bake creepy treats. Its fun _unlike Christmas, which is all about obligations.

I'm not a horror person, but I don't mind Halloween-- at least when it's the kids' version with costumes and candy. I don't really do much for it though, except eat candy corn :) My big irritation with the holiday is that teenage/young adult party-types have turned it into a drinking day (I keep living near universities...) and they're SUPER loud and raucous.

I like Halloween, the historical Halloween any way, but like Saint Patrick's day people use it as an excuse to get drunk and loud and stupid. I think my least favorite holiday is the 4th of July, the noise makes me so nervous I can not function.

That you enjoy the holiday and take pride in your Celtic roots is fine; and the lesson about the origin of the day was interesting. But saying ". . . Christianity opposes it" is not accurate. Furthermore, saying, as I read the statement, that Christianity is ignorant is offensive.

There are many faiths on this site and many who do not subscribe to any faith. When you attack one faith you attack them all; that includes the atheists and agnostics.

Just once I'd like to see a friendly thread not deteriorate into an attack on people's religious faith regardless what that may be or the topic of the thread.
Well for those who say I am burning in hell for eternity and worshiping Satan by celebrating Halloween when they have no knowledge of the roots or history they are ignorant and brainwashed and I cannot stand those kinds and have come across many. I did not mean to offend you it was not my intention, and I am not attacking Christians in general just annoyed by the ones who attack those who celebrate a harmless holiday that has nothing to do with the devil but believe it does and it gets on my nerves even when I used to be a Christian.

Last edited:
I am a Christian and that's first in my life. I don't care who does or does not hold these values.....I DO! I respect everyone for their beliefs or unbeliefs, but I'm not backing away from my faith. Candy can be eaten any day of the year. Dressing up is for the kiddos. But, you go ahead and enjoy your special day and I'll do the same when Easter comes.
Ya never been to a convention have you or a ren fair, they dress up too and its not Halloween its all for fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom