• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween

1473526882162.jpg

Like AspieOtaku mentionned, the Irish and Welsh traditions (as well as the Celts) gives this particular night a mystical fun. The Wiccans commonly believes that this night is the night ''where the veils are thin'', in other words, where one can see fairies, angels and demons more easily than any other time of the year.
I'm not a closed minded Christian. I don't have a problem with people doing what they genuinely love and feel connected to. I respect all. :)
But as for me and my household, we will serve The Lord!

I am a Christian and that's first in my life. I don't care who does or does not hold these values.....I DO! I respect everyone for their beliefs or unbeliefs, but I'm not backing away from my faith. Candy can be eaten any day of the year. Dressing up is for the kiddos. But, you go ahead and enjoy your special day and I'll do the same when Easter comes.
Tell that to the folks at the comic book conventions, anime conventions and ren fairs. For those who dont know Halloween has nothing to do with satan or is evil that is just propaganda and ignorance that radical religious use to keep people in fear of going to hell simply by dressing up and partying. If dressing up is for kiddos then so is having an imagination, role playing is for kiddos, coming up with fantasies to inspire creation of fictional stories and movies as well. Acting is for kiddos because actors dress up in plays and movies and pretend. People who write stories are kiddos as well because they are using their imagination. Originally Halloween was about the final harvest before winter.

Last edited:
Tell that to the folks at the comic book conventions, anime conventions and ren fairs. For those who dont know Halloween has nothing to do with satan or is evil that is just propaganda and ignorance that radical religious use to keep people in fear of going to hell simply by dressing up and partying.
I'm sorry when people act this way. Christianity does not give the right to judge anyone nor think we're better than anyone else. I didn't start this thread to have a debate about God. I was only expressing my displeasure in Halloween because I've experienced so much real life horror that I just don't celebrate October 31st in the pagan way. I'm not a closed minded, judgemental person. I realize this is MY personal issue and I don't try to force my issues on someone else, but I would appreciate the same respect in return.

I'm sorry when people act this way. Christianity does not give the right to judge anyone nor think we're better than anyone else. I didn't start this thread to have a debate about God. I was only expressing my displeasure in Halloween because I've experienced so much real life horror that I just don't celebrate October 31st in the pagan way. I'm not a closed minded, judgemental person. I realize this is MY personal issue and I don't try to force my issues on someone else, but I would appreciate the same respect in return.
i respect your response i just hope you dont hold ill will towards st patricks day.

I love Halloween, sadly I got to old to go trick or treating they tend not to give you candy when you have a beard. I still give out candy every year. I dress up as a scarecrow with a pumpkin on my head and hang a sign around my neck saying take two. I sit completely still in silence waiting for the first kid to tap me on the head and say I'm fake, then scare the daylights out of them. I now I'm a little weird but I enjoy it and so do the trick treaters so what does it hurt. Iv'e done this for years and parents will search me out just to watch my scare there kids, but scaring the parents is so much more fun.

I love Halloween, what other day can you dress up and be whaterver you want to be? I hold it dear to my heart since it was originally an Irish Holiday known as Samahein, as for the social pressure I seclude myself and do my own thing. I liked trick or treating as a kid but now I am an adult I turn all the lights off and either gorge on sweets and watch horror movies or go to a bar or party!Halloween was originally a Celtic Holiday cherished by both Irish and Welsh! I am both Irish and welsh so I hold dear to the roots, chistianity opposes it though but is ignorant.
BTW, I love your avatar.

Halloween was a lot of fun for me as a kid in the 60s. But I tend to look at it as something of a bygone era pretty much as was everything else in those times.

You can hate Halloween all you want, ill let it slide for now just dont hate St, Patricks day or there will be war, that day is not just being Irish or dressing green but deeper than that, its a day celebrating the life and death of Saint Patrick who was not Irish but welsh who introduced Christianity to Ireland! If you hate St Patricks day then heres a song for ye!
Proud to be Irish and Welsh pure blooded Celt through and through!

You can hate Halloween all you want, ill let it slide for now just dont hate St, Patricks day or there will be war, that day is not just being Irish or dressing green but deeper than that, its a day celebrating the life and death of Saint Patrick who was not Irish but welsh who introduced Christianity to Ireland! If you hate St Patricks day then heres a song for ye!
Proud to be Irish and Welsh pure blooded Celt through and through!
I dont need you to "let it slide"......my feelings and opinions matter, too. I don't care who hates me because I hate Halloween. I'm not under any obligation to make sense to anyone.

I'm finding less and less solace in celebrating darkness and evil then I used to. As a severely depressed teenager I went through a kick of loving horror films, gore and everything death and depressing.... and well, that's just not for me. A little bit of that now and then is fine, but I'd rather focus on the uplifting and lighter sides of life.

As for Halloween, it's a great excuse to dress up in costume (one of my favorite things to do, but it's much less acceptable in public every other day of the year) :p It's fun to be loud and eccentric in public, without saying anything at all.... This gives my introvert self a lot of thrills and opportunities to meet and talk to new people.

I also enjoy giving candy to the kids... its amusing xD

I dont need you to "let it slide"......my feelings and opinions matter, too. I don't care who hates me because I hate Halloween. I'm not under any obligation to make sense to anyone.
I don't hate ya its your opinion and you have the right to it. If ya hate st Patricks day as well ill forgive ya as well it will take time though.

No, I don't. I'm part Irish. :p
Then why hate Halloween? It was originally an Irish Holiday celebrating the great harvest?I dont understand, maybe i just look too far into studying the true roots of holidays.I just get annoyed and mad due to ignorance of Halloween being associated with Satan and going to hell if you celebrate it when it was not the original purpose! There may have been some pagan roots but pagan is not evil at all just predates the christian faith in a tribal sense, there was some beliefe though that spirits of the departed did travel to the world of the living and on the way to pass on to their realm and long lost kin as well visit and folks would dress up as ghosts to scare away the evil spirits that mean harm like demons in your language i suppose. Family members of the long lost kin spirits welcomed em in and joined the family one last time before crossing over to their realm and feasts were made and were great times.

Last edited:
Then why hate Halloween? It was originally an Irish Holiday celebrating the great harvest?I dont understand, maybe i just look too far into studying the true roots of holidays.I just get annoyed and mad due to ignorance of Halloween being associated with Satan and going to hell if you celebrate it when it was not the original purpose! There may have been some pagan roots but pagan is not evil at all just predates the christian faith in a tribal sense, there was some beliefe though that spirits of the departed did travel to the world of the living and on the way to pass on to their realm and long lost kin as well visit and folks would dress up as ghosts to scare away the evil spirits that mean harm like demons in your language i suppose. Family members of the long lost kin spirits welcomed em in and joined the family one last time before crossing over to their realm and feasts were made and were great times.
I dont believe that just because one celebrates Halloween that that means they're going to hell. I hate how many adults monopolize holidays in general and don't celebrate holidays in the right way. Adults in costume make me extremely nervous because some are out to do harm. I hate the horror aspect of Halloween, but I do like fall festivals and Octoberfests. I like St.Patrick's Day, but I don't wear green wigs or drink green beer. My favorite holiday is Resurrection Day....aka Easter.

New Threads

Top Bottom