• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween

I wondered if I was supposed to
put all sorts of Smileys with that,
so you'd know it was a joke.

Apparently, yes, I was.
I'm sorry to be so difficult @ tree. I can't tell when someone is joking with me. I didn't mean to upset anyone.

I don't know that anybody is upset.
I'm not.
My head is still at the top and my
feet are still on the floor.

And another thing, adults in costume make me extremely nervous. I don't like disguises even for only 1 night and costume parties is a BIG no for this introverted aspie girl. I admit I'm a Halloween Grinch. Candy can be consumed any day, don't need to knock on strangers' doors.

Evidently it makes a lot of people nervous- including law enforcement....even when it isn't even near Halloween just yet.

Clown sightings have spread to North Carolina. Now police are concerned about creepy copycats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...w-police-are-concerned-about-creepy-copycats/

Yikes!!! Reminds me of Stephen King's It.

From what I read about this story a while back it seems that's exactly the intent of whoever is perpetrating this. Weird to think there might be a precipice between what might amount to a practical joke and a bizarre form of terrorism.

Ok,bring me up to speed here...what exactly does that isolated incident have to do with Halloween?

Ok,bring me up to speed here...what exactly does that isolated incident have to do with Halloween?

Because it's scary, and it's a person or persons dressed as a clown offering children treats, hanging around schoolyards. Seems as if it's terrorizing the entire town, as the clowns beckon children near a forest. No one seems to be able to catch them at it.

Here in the eastern part of the USA,Halloween dressup parties are an adult rage

Same with the Bay Area. Somewhat famous/infamous for their Erotic/Exotic Ball in the Castro District that's been held as long as I can remember living in the East Bay. Of course this particular theme goes well beyond Halloween.

Personally I see Halloween as something once dominated by children, only to be hijacked by adults given the lucrative costume industry on a financial level aimed primarily at adults. Then factor in Cosplay.....voila. Something very different from when I was a kid. I haven't even seen a trick-or-treater at the door in many years.

Here in Reno they're likely to turn just about anything theme-based concept into a "pub crawl". It's just part of the local scene...whether it's Halloween or Christmas or any other event. But yeah, it's strictly an adult social event.

Last edited:
Because it's scary, and it's a person or persons dressed as a clown offering children treats, hanging around schoolyards. Seems as if it's terrorizing the entire town, as the clowns beckon children near a forest. No one seems to be able to catch them at it.
That just sounds to me a lack of proper procedure on law enforcement's part.

We still get Trick or Treaters on Halloween and already have a big supply of candy for them. We like the kids and they seem to like the Chihuahuas barking at them. Our two youngest grandkids always come by to Trick or Treat and show us their costumes.

However, Halloween is not at all like it was when I was a child. We see that Trick or Treaters are almost always accompanied by their parents now. Children are told to only go to houses with the porch light on. Registered sex offenders are told not to turn their porch lights on.

Swell, now if you can't afford candy and leave your porch off, people will think that you are a sex offender. I miss the simpler times.

They're doing a remake of it? Sheesh, can't Hollywood find new material instead of rehashing old stuff.

Think that Steven King didn't like the control the movie makers had over his books, he was really angry about what they did with the Shining, It, Carrie and other ideas he had. They changed the books focus, he has more control now over the way the films are being made I think. Probably why they are remaking some of them.

Meant to mention that there's been no photos or any real concrete evidence of the Clown sightings. Police have attempted to investigate but have come up empty. They seem to think that it's a hoax, but people seem to have sighted them in California towns as well as North Carolina. Don't know about the validity of any of the sightings, or if its another people generated urban legend.

From what I read about this story a while back it seems that's exactly the intent of whoever is perpetrating this.
Well they can have it!
We still get Trick or Treaters on Halloween and already have a big supply of candy for them. We like the kids and they seem to like the Chihuahuas barking at them. Our two youngest grandkids always come by to Trick or Treat and show us their costumes.

However, Halloween is not at all like it was when I was a child. We see that Trick or Treaters are almost always accompanied by their parents now. Children are told to only go to houses with the porch light on. Registered sex offenders are told not to turn their porch lights on.

Swell, now if you can't afford candy and leave your porch off, people will think that you are a sex offender. I miss the simpler times.
I sure wish we lived in simpler times, too. I'm not old enough to have lived when people could leave their doors unlocked and nowadays people have more than one lock on their door. I would love to experience such freedom from fears that I could go to sleep with my window open and rest peacefully, but that's just not realistic anymore. What a shame that good people are made to sort of cocoon themselves inside with a gun in their nightstand...just in case. o_O

I haven't even seen a trick-or-treater at the door in many years.

One little girl with her Mother last year, dressed as a rabbit. When I opened the door she didn't know what to say, so she hopped.

Agree about Halloween being dominated by adults. When I was a child no one but children dressed in costume, it would have been considered strange.

New Threads

Top Bottom