• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Quotes

Emiliano Zapata: Prefiero morir de pie que vivir de rodillas.

I would rather die now on my feet than to live forever on my knees.

I too am sorry for veering off topic...it's actually an issue I deal with when talking with people and trying to "get to the original point." My mind is so active I can start a sentence with full intention of keeping it short and focused..then I "veer" onto (metaphor) tributary after tributary before I can remember how to find the original river of thought that leads to the ocean of the point I was originally wanting to get across! Sooo, back to quotes!
I believe it was Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) who said "It's better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"
Hope "quoting myself" isn't seen as narcissistic...but I noticed I may be wrong on my source, Abe Lincoln was how I was corrected...any one else have a second or third opinion, or known fact/proof who said that or something almost just like that? (I also may not be correct with the wording?)

Hope "quoting myself" isn't seen as narcissistic...but I noticed I may be wrong on my source, Abe Lincoln was how I was corrected...any one else have a second or third opinion, or known fact/proof who said that or something almost just like that? (I also may not be correct with the wording?)
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
is the quote of Mark Twain

I'll take the hit for saying it was the Lincoln quote...I misunderstood the original post

"Autism - it's not a processing error, just a different operating system."

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

I'll take the hit for saying it was the Lincoln quote...I misunderstood the original post
No worries bud, I wasn't intending to offend...just be sure! :)

Just for curiosity's sake, what did Lincoln say?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

whose quote was first?

Last edited:
Guessing it was imbedded in Samuel Clemens subconscious...from hearing that a US president said something like it!? Or is my historical clock way off!? Lol

both of them could have crossed the same path historically...I really don't know :)

But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?
- Mark Twain's Autobiography

But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?
- Mark Twain's Autobiography

oh, that's very good :)

Couldn't resist posting this :)

image.jpg

"Capitalism is the legitimate racket of the ruling class"
Al Capone

Couldn't resist posting this :)

View attachment 11708
I love this...looks kinda like my cat! (Whose picture I've shared in other threads...) but here is a favorite just to prove it!
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1405086722.041326.jpg

Also, thank you for a daily dose of inspiration, man! :)
Ok, guess I should include a quote...? Um..ok, here goes...
Found a very appropriate one even! Yea me...lol
"Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them."
—Jim Davis (who amongst you doesn't know what made him famous!?) ;)

Just for curiosity's sake, what did Lincoln say?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

whose quote was first?

Here's what I've found on Quote Investigator. Pretty cool site! There are countless sites that aggregate quotes, but this one does the research and isn't afraid to say sometimes they just don't know for sure. They take requests, but I haven't got my nerve up to send in the one I'm curious about right now.

"If you can't explain something simply, you don't understand it well enough." -Albert Einstein (?)

I love this...looks kinda like my cat! (Whose picture I've shared in other threads...) but here is a favorite just to prove it!View attachment 11709
Also, thank you for a daily dose of inspiration, man! :)
Ok, guess I should include a quote...? Um..ok, here goes...
Found a very appropriate one even! Yea me...lol
"Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them."
—Jim Davis (who amongst you doesn't know what made him famous!?) ;)

Adorables!!

To which I respond with an entire book … albeit a really short one. All Cats Have Asperger's Syndrome, which is listed in our Resource section.

Adorables!!

To which I respond with an entire book … albeit a really short one. All Cats Have Asperger's Syndrome, which is listed in our Resource section.
I will definitely have to look that one up!!! ...maybe it's available on Kindle? :) thanks Kass!

Here's what I've found on Quote Investigator. Pretty cool site! There are countless sites that aggregate quotes, but this one does the research and isn't afraid to say sometimes they just don't know for sure. They take requests, but I haven't got my nerve up to send in the one I'm curious about right now.

"If you can't explain something simply, you don't understand it well enough." -Albert Einstein (?)
General rule of thumb: If you see a pithy quotation attributed to Albert Einstein, he probably didn't say it. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom