• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Quotes

I too am sorry for veering off topic...it's actually an issue I deal with when talking with people and trying to "get to the original point." My mind is so active I can start a sentence with full intention of keeping it short and focused..then I "veer" onto (metaphor) tributary after tributary before I can remember how to find the original river of thought that leads to the ocean of the point I was originally wanting to get across! Sooo, back to quotes!
I believe it was Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) who said "It's better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

I went looking for the source of a quote I've been using for years:
When people show you who they are, believe them ... the first time. - Maya Angelou

and I also found this irresistible gem:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be. - Maya Angelou

So, there you go. It's Twofer Tuesday! :)

This was on a different thread:

Your comment just brought to mind a quote I read.. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
Bernard M. Baruch

Which made me laugh, because I'd always seen it attributed to Dr Seuss. I consulted The Great Oracle (Google), who says that we don't really know ... the earliest printing of the phrase has it in quotes, implying that they're quoting someone else's words. I'll just think of it as one of the universe's earliest (and most profound) truths -- too great to be attached to any one person.

I too am sorry for veering off topic...it's actually an issue I deal with when talking with people and trying to "get to the original point." My mind is so active I can start a sentence with full intention of keeping it short and focused..then I "veer" onto (metaphor) tributary after tributary before I can remember how to find the original river of thought that leads to the ocean of the point I was originally wanting to get across! Sooo, back to quotes!
I believe it was Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) who said "It's better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

I fear the day that technology will surpass our human intervention.
The world will have a generation of idiots. Albert Einstein
mobile phones.jpg

I fear the day that technology will surpass our human intervention.
The world will have a generation of idiots. Albert Einstein
View attachment 11327
This has been my favorite of all time quote for about a year now!!! He was 1 in a billion level of genius/Aspie! And look around!? Glad he didn't live long enough to live within his perception of Hell!!! ;)

Because...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein
And...
"Great genius has always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds!"
-Albert Einstein

::Aspie moment alert::
I think I'll call him Trebla when I talk about him to the next few NTs I run into! :D see if they have a clue and try to correct me! ...in "these parts" probably all I'd get is a blank stare and hickbilly derogatory response referring to my sexuality (wrongly!!) Ooh but then I could get the chance to become the "murder mystery" mentioned in a different thread!! I will become the Aspie's humble martyr..I mean..said murder mystery victim! (Got a little "God complexish" for a sec, sorry!) ;)

"Quarantined, I'm an idol man" -Jack White
"When I say nothin, I say everything!" -Jack White
That can be taken many ways! I like it...maybe I've discovered a new famous Aspie!? Or maybe he is already on some list? Anywho here is a great musical break to your afternoon! ;)
http://vevo.ly/1yPnbx
Tell me if I need to do the YouTube version...(it happened to me b4)

Last edited:
"Quarantined, I'm an idol man" -Jack White
That can be taken many ways! I like it...maybe I've discovered a new famous Aspie!? Or maybe he is already on some list? Anywho here is a great musical break to your afternoon! ;)
http://vevo.ly/1yPnbx
Tell me if I need to do the YouTube version...(it happened to me b4)
Music is magical...

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
John Barrymore

How desperately mundane societies would be without creative minds.

New Threads

Top Bottom