• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Quotes

I just said "Stay away from healthy, drink Mt. Dew!" (When initially reaching for an apple juice) can I quote MYSELF??? If not...sry! :)

“To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.” unknown

“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?” A.A.Milne

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams

"Death: Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom." - Sir Terry Pratchett

"Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain." - Sherrilyn Kenyon

And further still at an unearthly height,
One luminary clock against the sky
Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.

-Acquainted With The Night, Robert Frost

"Character building begins in our infancy, and continues until death."
Eleanor Roosevelt

One of my favourites, but I forget where I read it. Think it was an illustration in a typography book.

'When creativity dies an institution is born'

And further still at an unearthly height,
One luminary clock against the sky
Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.

-Acquainted With The Night, Robert Frost

I love Robert Frost.
"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice."

"No worry, a dead bird never leaves it's nest."
-Winston Churchill, upon being informed that his pants were unzipped.

"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abtruse cryptograms and intricate analysis and I am in my own proper atmosphere. But I abhor the dull routine of existance. I crave for mental exaltation."

- Said by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's character, Sherlock Holmes during The Sign of the Four.

"Lady, there is a time and a place for accusing a man of being paranoid and this is not ****** one of them! Help! Help!"

Jack Nife played by Simon Pegg in the movie A Fantastic Fear of Everything

"One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continually stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It’s a nice day, or You’re very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right? At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behaviour. If human beings don’t keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up. After a few months’ consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favour of a new one. If they don’t keep exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working."
- Douglas Adams

"This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy."
- Douglas Adams

Ok, I'll try to stop … after this one, on democracy:

"'It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see...'

'You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?'

'No', said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, 'nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people.'

'Odd', said Arthur, 'I thought you said it was a democracy.'

'I did', said Ford. 'It is.'

'So', said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, 'why don't people get rid of the lizards?'

'It honestly doesn't occur to them', said Ford. 'They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want.'

'You mean they actually vote for the lizards?'

'Oh yes', said Ford with a shrug, 'of course.'

'But', said Arthur, going for the big one again, 'why?'

'Because if they didn't vote for a lizard', said Ford, 'the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?'

'What?'

'I said', said Ford, with an increasing air of urgency creeping into his voice, 'have you got any gin?'

'I'll look. Tell me about the lizards.'

Ford shrugged again. 'Some people say that the lizards are the best thing that ever happened to them', he said. 'They're completely wrong of course, completely and utterly wrong, but someone's got to say it.'

'But that's terrible', said Arthur.

'Listen, bud', said Ford, 'if I had one Altairian dollar for every time I heard one bit of the Universe look at another bit of the Universe and say "That's terrible" I wouldn't be sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.'"
- Douglas Adams

"Aaron believed that you ought to ask yourself: what is the most important thing in the world that I might be working on right now, and if you aren't, then: why aren't you?" ~ Taren Stinebrickner-Kauffman

"He got to where he was supposed to be going, and had the self-awareness … and the orneriness … to realize that he had climbed The Mountain of **** to pluck the single rose and discovered that he'd lost his sense of smell."
- Cory Doctorow

New Threads

Top Bottom