• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a Pet Hate

i REALLY hate it when people tell me my spelling or grammar is crap on here or other forums, i am here to get support and talk in a peaceful ASD sanctuary away from abuse and bullying,i dont need that ego stroking 'im better than you' crap off anyone, certainly not on a support forum which is for those of us all over the spectrum,not just HFA/aspies.
this is a REAL pet hate of mine as i am fed up of saying look at my friggin signature.

one of my pet hates is the eheim 600+ [i think] external filter i have for my tank,the filter itself and the piping system is so damn complex i have never been able to clean it myself i have to get my dad up to my apartment every time to do it and he whinges about me being unable to do it, theres no other filter choice though for that size tank.

another pet hate of mine is at my mums/dads house,basically the next door neighbour is a bellend and he and his bellend son keeps parking outside my dads house when they know i come every day and have a physical disability as well as my autism which requires close distance to the house.

i am attending my parents house currently because they are on a cruise somewhere in the carribean and i was instructed to take biscuit-the 18 year old kitty im baby sitting in my apartment back home every day so she can go out in the garden and get a sense of home, however i am really struggling with this because the next door neighbours are awful and treat me like crap even ranting at my support staff for parking a centimetre near the boundry between my parents drive and their drive.

my parents are back this week but im thinking of getting one of those stickers you can get that says something like 'please keep clear; disabled access needed' on my dads wall,he told me no every time i said could i do that as he doesnt want to cause any trouble with other people- typical socially awkward aspie,but hes away so..... ;)

Loud/annoying noises, especially for no reason and at bad times (e.g. early morning)
Sexism
Getting videos blocked due to copyright claims
Being interrupted, be it during speech or task
Bullying of any sort
Not having enough time for anything no matter how fast I'm rushing
When someone in my family decides to cook something extremely pungent and smelly (like fish) and my clothes absorb the smell after spending only a minute or so in the kitchen. I don't want to smell like someone else's food!

I could go on.

Loud/annoying noises, especially for no reason and at bad times (e.g. early morning)
Sexism
Getting videos blocked due to copyright claims
Being interrupted, be it during speech or task
Bullying of any sort
Not having enough time for anything no matter how fast I'm rushing
When someone in my family decides to cook something extremely pungent and smelly (like fish) and my clothes absorb the smell after spending only a minute or so in the kitchen. I don't want to smell like someone else's food!

I could go on.
People that work in fast food and wear their work uniform for hours / all night after work! Omg I know they get used to the smell (I guess) but we can really smells that Arbys/McDonalds/Burger King/where ever on you in a bad way! :(
Oh and the smell of KFC (or any fried chicken place) I can't even go near there!

People that work in fast food and wear their work uniform for hours / all night after work! Omg I know they get used to the smell (I guess) but we can really smells that Arbys/McDonalds/Burger King/where ever on you in a bad way! :(
Oh and the smell of KFC (or any fried chicken place) I can't even go near there!

I know, it's so weird! When I get home from my grocery bagging job I want to shower as soon as possible. I refuse to sit on my bed in my used work clothes too.

As a non english native speaker I don't understand, what's a "pet hate"? At first I read it and I tought how can anyone hate a pet?! (dog, cat, etc) I supouse it should mean something different.

As a non english native speaker I don't understand, what's a "pet hate"? At first I read it and I tought how can anyone hate a pet?! (dog, cat, etc) I supouse it should mean something different.
I derived it from pet peeve, which I've heard a lot since forever. Which basically just means something you don't like I'd wager.

The smell of Subway the sandwich joint. What the *actual* hell do they put in the bread to make it smell that bad? I have to hold my breath when i pass by a shop.

I hate bodily noises...coughing, sniffing, loud chewing, audible swallowing, loud breathing, snoring, high pitched laughing, that pitch little kids hit when they squeal, fluro lights buzzing, the whir of the air con, stove top fan, vacuum, squeaky noise when polystyrene foam is touched, people who call but have nothing to say...:eek: when people shut off all the air vents in the car...
And the use of made up words like irregardless, supposebly, conversate...it hurts just typing those :mad:

I hate being woken up... any sort of wake up call puts me in a very cranky mood for the entirety of the day.

I cant stand people who boast about hurting animals

Strangers in my personal space...yuck yuck

Social Injustice, Bullies, Arrogance, Judgements, Cheaters, Screaming Children, Uninvited door knockers, People who let their dogs bark all day, Slow drivers.......the human race? lol

Oh I have a big one for me! Sticky floors! How annoying is it when youre somewhere and you straight stick to the floor 10x worse on linoleum when it makes that disgusting sound!!!

Oh I have a big one for me! Sticky floors! How annoying is it when youre somewhere and you straight stick to the floor 10x worse on linoleum when it makes that disgusting sound!!!

Yep. That calls for a hearty "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww". :eek:

Just thought of this nostalgically. It's how I felt the last time I went into a Woolworth's store. :p

Last edited:
Being chatted up on public transport.
Being around drunk people when I'm sober.
Having something I already know explained to me.

When there are online surveys and they say "Questions with an asterisk are required" and then all questions have an asterisk next to them. Why can't they just say all questions are required and leave it at that?

People who can't hold a tune but think that by singing louder and drowning out a quieter but intune person it will somehow disguise it. I am very sensitive to pitch and tone for some reason.
People who speed up as you are trying to overtake them (like it's a challenge or something)
Tailgaters...I'm doing the speed limit, get out of my rear!
People who chew gum with their mouths open (reminiscent of a cow) and who have no good reason (Eg. through an impairment or disability)
People who try to pressure you to respond to a question whilst they jiggle car keys or coins in their pocket or tap their fingers on the table. It's hard enough to get the question into my head for processing without your added noises.
I'm probably looking pretty intolerant right about now but 99% of the time I suppress that inner rage that these things cause and say nothing.

Unnecessarily loud people/ eardrum rupturing laughs:

There really is no need to be so loud, and it really stresses me out, especially with a loud laugh because if I were to ask them to laugh quiter, they would get offended.

I also hate just a general lack of respect. It really is not that hard

random unnecessary movement/ figiting (will you just keep still for once?!?! And yes, I can hear you chewing your pencil. Aghhhhh)

Stripy trousers and tight clothing

Pop culture and social media

There are many things that I hate

Being abducted by aliens. I used to want to be abducted by aliens when younger, because I thought I would get to travel and see the universe. But then I heard about the anal probes on South Park. No thankyou!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom