• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a Pet Hate

NeoPhile

Can I get a "Bright not Broken"?
In this thread, we talk about something that really gets our goat! Let's make a collection of pet hates!

One of my pet hates is car horns. Why do they have to be so loud? It's a very annoying sound, and it sounds so rude. There should be other sounds a car makes outside of that shrill "Errrrrp"!

What pet hates do you have?

There so loud so stupid people that don't pay attention will notice them, *nod
Though a polite option on the horn might be cool, an emergency, "hey! you're about to hit me," and a polite, "hey the light changed" *nod

Door bells could have this function too :3

Neon lights in public spaces, especially schools. How am I supposed to study and work when these things are draining my life force away?!

People who are really heavy on their feet when walking. One of our next door neighbours only knows one way to use her stairs, and it involves a lot of stomping. She's so tiny, I cannot figure out how she can make that much noise.

I can relate to the horn thing. I had to honk my horn once just to get the person's attention that the light had changed. I wish there was a "friendly" option instead of the standard 'hey $&%^er! The light changed!' At least, that's how I interpret horn blasts!

I hate that everywhere you go, there has to be music playing. I can't walk into a store without hearing music. I walk right out when it's rap or super bubblegum pop blasting so loud you can't hear yourself think.

P.S. At first I thought this thread was going to be about hating your pet at some point. :) I was about to go off on my sister's dog who wouldn't let me sleep when I visited her.

Apartment dwellers using subwoofers who are oblivious to just how much sound and resonance can travel within a common, multiple-unit structure.

People who chew with their mouths open :mad:
my dad does this but when there are any support workers in the room,or family [his son in law,his family from ireland etc] he will eat with his mouth closed,ive always hated this as its like he thinks we dont deserve the same respect,i wasnt able to sit in the same room as him eating until my late twenties, i used to get really wound up and hit myself, the noise and sight goes through me like a teachers finger nails on the blackboard.

as for current pet hates, creative support, they are my pet hate. they know i have very complex autism and i and my family and the learning [intellectual] disability team have requested that they tell the support staff to not wear perfume when working with me but hey,theyre all still doing it,and some of the managers say i cant control what people wear-yet its ok to violate the disability laws, i feel faint,get massive headache,suffer from serious overload when anyone with perfume comes near me.
so screw you creative support,you dont care about people with autism.

People over 12, who aren't dyslexic, who can't spell and/or have very poor grammar! Grr FFS, your equals you're! I know some people can't help not being able to spell or having poor grammar, but for a lot of people it's pure laziness IMO.

Apartment dwellers using subwoofers who are oblivious to just how much sound and resonance can travel within a common, multiple-unit structure.
I could never live in an apartment, I'd be p.o.ing everybody.
Yes I vacuum at 3am
Loud music all the time
(Well not all the time but semi-often)

I could never live in an apartment, I'd be p.o.ing everybody.
Yes I vacuum at 3am
Loud music all the time
(Well not all the time but semi-often)

Yep. A lot of compromises are involved with apartment living. Condos too...even if you're an owner.

F a condo, glorified over priced apartment lmao

LOL. You're preaching to the choir. :p

I used to own one. :eek:

But I did appreciate them having double-walls with empty space in between for soundproofing. Though I did most of my vacuuming in the mornings or afternoons.

Last edited:
People over 12, who aren't dyslexic, who can't spell and/or have very poor grammar! Grr FFS, your equals you're! I know some people can't help not being able to spell or having poor grammar, but for a lot of people it's pure laziness IMO.
im over 12,dont have dyslexia and do all the things you say,i have learning disability [intellectual disability in the US],and my classic autism is so complex it affects my spelling/grammar when writing,i notice mistakes quite easily though when reading.

People with MASSIVE egos. They cannot, for the life of them, take constructive criticism and mistake it for/misinterpret it as 'hate.' I've seen writers with such hubris that they end up kicking PONIES, for Pete's sake!

Character bashing in fanfics; Especially Harry Potter ones. It's gotten to the point I've called Jim Gordon "worse than a Nazi" and accused Martha Wayne of molesting her son because I'm sick and tired of seeing Dumbledore and Molly Weasley slandered. It's also driving me closer to thinking that EVERY incarnation of The Joker and Harley Quinn's relationship is healthy, no matter how obviously toxic, is 'romantic' because supporting Ron/Hermione is wrong due to the "abuse" committed by the former.

People scooping up their dogs poo and leaving it at the side of the path in its plastic bag. Either leave the poo where it was to rot or take the bag home with you, don't leave poo in a plastic bag to sit there for months on end until some unfortunate litter picker collects it!

New Threads

Top Bottom