• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a Pet Hate

Being abducted by aliens. I used to want to be abducted by aliens when younger, because I thought I would get to travel and see the universe. But then I heard about the anal probes on South Park. No thankyou!
Points for the south park referance :):D:p

• Wet socks,
  • Drunk people,
  • Talking a lot while saying absolutely nothing.
Aghhhhh wet socks. This always happens to me and I cannot stand it. I am minding my own buisness, washing my face or whatever, and a puddle appears out of nowhere directly under my foot and I have to change my socks for the fifth time.

Shops automatically putting things, the smallest of things, into plastic bags without asking you if you need one first.

You give points? Can I redeem them for things? Like an order of chips or fancy soap? :D
Well, as it happens, I do! An order of chips is 1055 points, and a fancy soap? Woah, you have a long way to go before you can afford that! Currently, it costs 9989 points. You have a current point balance of 10, because south park is pretty awesome. :D

Flourescent lights, overly bright LEDS, super pronounced and sustained train whistles right behind my house, jets flying too low and feeling the vibrations, loud drunk people, drunk people in general, obsessive sports fans, people who mistreat animals, including bringing to stores or beaches on super hot days, wealthy people who do not tip and are cheap, people popping their gum, long fingernails, too much makeup, overly done hair styles, prostitute fashion styles worn when you are not a prostitute, perfume, scented dryer sheets, people who do not recycle, people who toss garbage, cigarette butts & ashes on the ground, people who waste food, people who obsess about lawns, people who are materially obsessed, people who are obsessed with status symbols like designer clothes, shoes, purses, and jewelry, people who drive super expensive cars, otruthfulness, honesty, humility, generosity, selflessness, commitment, reliability, orderliness, organisation, cleanliness, decency and kindness, learning about something for its own sake, not for the social approval or money that will follow. r wear super expensive watches, people who like donald trump (including my brothers and their families), people who are oblivious to treating others with respect, people who generalise everything including “us verse them.”

I think my real pet peeve is slow drivers, especially ones that do it in the left lane. The worst drivers seem to be those that own Toyota Priuses or some of those hybrid cars. It's fine to get 40mpg, just please do it in the appropriate lane. Don't play Joe Law in the left lane and don't force other people into your speed of life.

I think my real pet peeve is slow drivers, especially ones that do it in the left lane. The worst drivers seem to be those that own Toyota Priuses or some of those hybrid cars. It's fine to get 40mpg, just please do it in the appropriate lane. Don't play Joe Law in the left lane and don't force other people into your speed of life.

Indeed. Our state finally passed a law to cite anyone holding up traffic in the passing lane.

People wearing an entirely unnecessary amount of fluorescent attire to go walking. I don't know if it's a local thing or what but I see people power-walking decked out head-to-toe in fluorescent-colored safety apparel and even red blinking lights attached to those yellow-green reflective safety vests. Like, more safety crap on than a construction worker working on the highway. It makes me not want to hit them with my car, sure, but it does make me want to pull over, get out, and punch them in the throat. Looking like a box of highlighters walking down the road, it's just obnoxious. If you're that scared to die but still must walk, buy a treadmill.

Well, as it happens, I do! An order of chips is 1055 points, and a fancy soap? Woah, you have a long way to go before you can afford that! Currently, it costs 9989 points. You have a current point balance of 10, because south park is pretty awesome. :D

1055 points for an order of chips! This is highway robbery! But you do get points for having points at least. But what about my Butthole Surfer reference. That is worth a few points surely?

So you think YOU have it bad?

1055 points for an order of chips! This is highway robbery! But you do get points for having points at least. But what about my Butthole Surfer reference. That is worth a few points surely?

So you think YOU have it bad?
That is how the points system works, unfortunatly. Hm. Yes, go on then. 3 points. (you did say 'a few'!) I have a question about that actually- what would having a jellyfish stuck in your wetsuit (JW) equate to on the PS scale? I am really, very, interested to find this out, so if you can enlighten me, you can have 40 points.

Thats a lot of points. I can taste those chips already.... But be aware that you are making me relive traumatic past experiences.

4823645612_c1cb98a1d6_z.jpg

Some info. Note the 'Lion's Mane' incident. That was the species we most encountered.

"Jellyfish sting their prey using nematocysts, also called cnidocysts, stinging structures located in specialized cells called cnidocytes, which are characteristic of all Cnidaria. Contact with a jellyfish tentacle can trigger millions of nematocysts to pierce the skin and inject venom,[98]yet only some species' venom cause an adverse reaction in humans. When a nematocyst is triggered by contact by predator or prey, pressure builds up rapidly inside it up to 2,000 pounds per square inch (14,000 kPa) until it bursts. A lance inside the nematocyst pierces the victim's skin, and venom flows through into the victim.[99] Touching or being touched by a jellyfish can be very uncomfortable, sometimes requiring medical assistance; sting effects range from no effect to extreme pain to death. Even beached and dying jellyfish can still sting when touched.

Scyphozoan jellyfish stings range from a twinge to tingling to agony.[100] Most jellyfish stings are not deadly, but stings of some species of the class Cubozoa (box jellyfish), such as the famous and especially toxic Irukandji jellyfish, can be deadly. Stings may cause anaphylaxis, which can be fatal. Medical care may include administration of an antivenom.

In 2010, at a New Hampshire beach, pieces of a single dead lion's mane jellyfish stung between 125 and 150 people.[101][102] Jellyfish kill 20 to 40 people a year in the Philippines alone.[100] In 2006 the Spanish Red Cross treated 19,000 stung swimmers along the Costa Brava.[100]" (wiki)

I'd rate Lion's Mane stings in the 6-8 range depending upon where stung. Say 6 on arms or legs up to 8 if stung in a sensitive spot. A piece of jelly in your wetsuit is doubly annoying as it can't wash away. Its stuck and keeps on stinging you till it just can't sting you no more.

Extra credit. This is the spot and the very people I've discussed, though not a Jellyfish day. Michael in water, Vincent running, me taking picture. Michael was the one who got stung in the Butthole. I was stung on the man part. Vincent did not get it in bad place that I remember, but was stung later more dangerously accross legs and chest by Portuguese Man-o-War surfing Rincon, Puerto Rico. That was like 8-9, perhaps 10 momentarily, and I had to assist him in.

yT4eYwQ.jpg

I hate when people don't follow proper stop sign etiquette.

Like, I hate it when the driver who stops first won't go first.

That is how the points system works, unfortunatly. Hm. Yes, go on then. 3 points. (you did say 'a few'!) I have a question about that actually- what would having a jellyfish stuck in your wetsuit (JW) equate to on the PS scale? I am really, very, interested to find this out, so if you can enlighten me, you can have 40 points.

Now about my points? You said 40, but I posted extra credit.

New Threads

Top Bottom