• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

autism and guns

Thanks for this Maelstrom & 113.. how did you become so knowledgable, if you both don't mind me asking.. what life factors led to your experience here?

Just a regular aspie addicted to chasing too many interests. I really should cut the internet cables or i'll never get any thing done.:rolleyes:

I'd love to own a rifle once I turn 18. Most likely an AR-15, or a Mini-14 if I can't afford it. I'll also purchase a bolt-action such as a Mauser M98, see if I can score an OG Mauser k98. If I'd have money to spare, I'd also buy an OG M16A1 or M16A2 (the guns, themselves, are expensive, I'd have to also pay the $200 ATF tax stamp).

I'd buy other guns such as the L11A3, L96 (AKA AWP), Intervention, Barrett M107A1, Barrett M82A1, and so much more. Of course, I'd need a REALLY good-paying job to purchase all of these.

Basically: I love guns, and I think autistic people should be allowed to purchase one or more.

I hate guns. In Canada I still go out in public without a gun, and gun-related deaths are still a lot less frequent here than the US, although the extreme ugliness has snuck across the border more often lately, just as I feared it would.:pensive:

One of the surest signs of the next mass shooter is that they have a fondness for guns, even collecting them. But I don't know anything about autistic people being any more pro-gun than NTs in the US or anywhere else.

Americans can't understand at all why we have milk in bags in Canada. I can't understand at all why Americans can't even go to Walmart without a gun.

Last edited:
I hate guns. In Canada I still go out in public without a gun, and gun-related deaths are still a lot less frequent here than the US, although the extreme ugliness has snuck across the border more often lately, just as I feared it would.:pensive:

One of the surest signs of the next mass shooter is that they have a fondness for guns, even collecting them. But I don't know anything about autistic people being any more more pro-gun than NTs in the US or anywhere else.

Americans can't understand at all why we have milk in bags in Canada. I can't understand at all why Americans can't even go to Walmart without a gun.

I know that you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. However most of what you said in your post is just not true, at least where I live in the US. While I have a concealed weapons license, I do not carry a gun. I have it to aid in buying and selling firearms. I don't carry because I do not feel the need to, even in Walmart.

I have fondness for guns and I collect them. But I can assure you, I am not the next mass shooter. To just assume that is not logical. You are condemning a very large group of people based on the actions of just a few. We need to have gun laws that will keep the guns out of the hands of those few. Myself and most gun owners here are responsible, safe armed citizens.

I will agree with one thing that you said. There are far less mass shootings in Canada than there are in the US. There are a lot of reasons for this and one of them is that you do not have the rights that we do.

Last edited:
...One of the surest signs of the next mass shooter is that they have a fondness for guns, even collecting them. But I don't know anything about autistic people being any more more pro-gun than NTs in the US or anywhere else.

I can totally understand your concern about mass shootings, but for every irresponsible citizen here in the US who owns them and decides to go berserk, there are dozens of responsible citizens who do not contemplate such things on top of being well-trained and educated in their use. I don't see why someone on the spectrum can't fall into the latter category, despite all the myths out there about a supposed connection between gun violence and ASD (there isn't any, BTW, and there's proof in this thread). Absolutely possible with the time and proper education.

Oh, and I'm an American who doesn't go to Walmart with a gun (probably because I don't own any), the same as the other 50 or so Americans I observe who also do no such thing. If that was an exaggeration for comedic value on the other hand, then disregard that...I'm all for comedic value. We Americans need a blow to our inflated egos. Or three. Or four.

On the topic of milk bags, why do you have them?

Last edited:

One of the surest signs of the next mass shooter is that they have a fondness for guns, even collecting them. But I don't know anything about autistic people being any more pro-gun than NTs in the US or anywhere else.

I'll have to keep this in mind and hand over all of my firearms immediately so I won't become "the next mass shooter"

Might be a good idea to burn my CCP too.

New Threads

Top Bottom