• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

autism and guns

I am doing the same more or less Nitro, but at the end of the day the war is won by focusing on safety, keeping them in the hands of good people, and having some with cute pink stocks to make the ladies happy at the gun range.:p
My wife's carry gun is a 9mm with pearl pink grips. As for the grand kids, the guys want to shoot the black guns. But we have a 22 rifle with a pink stock to encourage the girls.

I have a love for guns, specifically revolvers, but the laws around gun ownership are very complicated to me. I've been to certain gun ranges that will rent you weapons, and I enjoy shooting them, but I'm kind of a horrible shot. :S
im more of a glock person myself even though i dont have any guns. :rolleyes:

im more of a glock person myself even though i dont have any guns. :rolleyes:
I have long history with guns and motorcycles. I see Glock people in the same light as Harley people in that they wouldn't consider owning anything else. While they are very high quality, I do not own one because I like handguns with a hammer.

I have long history with guns and motorcycles. I see Glock people in the same light as Harley people in that they wouldn't consider owning anything else. While they are very high quality, I do not own one because I like handguns with a hammer.

Hi (clg114) personally my all time favorite is the lever action rife, next is a 12 gauge shotgun with the recoil semi action, cleaner more durable. I'm not real big on hand guns but sometimes lugging a big rifle or shotgun around isn't practical. I like long barreled revolvers they are more accurate but I can't stand the side cylindure noise so if I ever get around to it I may try to do a custom Nagant.

I'm always attracted to firearms rich in history first and foremost.

Such as...1896 Broom handle Mauser, Mauser 98K, P-08, P-38, Walther PPK, MP-40, STG-44, Springfield 1903, Colt 1861 Percussion, Colt Government 1911, Colt .38 Detective Special, S&W Model 22 (1917), Colt M4, AK-47, Mosin Nagant, SKS, Dragunov SVD, Winchester .308, Sig Sauer MK25...and so on. And most any Winchester lever-action rifle too. :cool:

Last edited:
I have no issue with the idea of owning a gun given, as has been said above, proper safety training. As clg114 said, I'd retreat as far as possible before I had to resort to using one though.
My weapon of choice, however, is the recurve bow, with which I'm fairly proficient and it is intended, eventually, for hunting as I don't wish to go hungry again in my lifetime.

Hi (Spiller), I have a top of the line compound bow, lots of fun to shoot, I prefer it to loud guns. Bows do however require more wood skills with the shorter range and less accuracy, getting close enough to your game requires a little thought and planning. I will say I regret not going with the recurve bow they are harder to draw but my friends arms don't match mine on the compound bow so they can't target shoot with me...kind of ruins things. I'm working on a egyption sling, alatle hybred that may be better than the bow, it can do everything throw harpoons, spear darts, rocks and bird or fish nets, and will have more power and range likely?

Harley owner here that will tell you what a pos mine is :p
I suppose it is the fascination with their 1903 technology that has never improved. If you like to wrench a lot buy a Harley,if you want to ride a lot buy metric ;)
Most of the modifications done to mine were made to improve the factory junk to approach metric performance,handling and durability :D
Every Harley-Davidson motorcycle sold should come with 55 gallons of LokTite.a hardware store and be fitted for a diaper :p
Glocks are cool,but stainless steel handguns are my favorites
I do not like the bulk of a wheel gun during a concealed carry,but love the durability of all of mine.
I have an ultralight KelTec .32 that pocket carries well,is hammerless and somewhat accurate within ten feet :p

Such as...1896 Broom handle Mauser, Mauser 98K, P-08, P-38, Walther PPK, MP-40, STG-44, Springfield 1903, Colt 1861 Percussion, Colt Government 1911, Colt .38 Detective Special, S&W Model 22 (1917), Colt M4, AK-47, Mosin Nagant, SKS, Dragunov SVD, Winchester .308, Sig Sauer MK25...and so on. And most any Winchester lever-action rifle too. :cool:
I have a stainless steel Colt Commander 45 with an additional Kimber 22 conversion slide. My lever action is a Winchester pre 1964 30-30 :D

I'm partial to the Colt 1911 Government edition because it was the gun of choice for my grandfather when he was a revenuer for the Treasury Department.

I'm partial to the Colt 1911 Government edition because it was the gun of choice for my grandfather when he was a revenuer for the Treasury Department.
I got my Commander a few year back for $600. It had only been shot 25 times and came with additional mags and 1,000 rounds of new ammo.

I got my Commander a few year back for $600. It had only been shot 25 times and came with additional mags and 1,000 rounds of new ammo.

Nice buy for so few shots fired. But a thousand rounds to break it in should loosen it up nicely. Not fired all at once though...unless you've got a prosthetic arm and shoulder!

Your list has me wanting to go buy a gun, but I have to ask my wife first. I have several of the guns on your list. Everybody should have a 1911, however mines not a Colt. My SKS is a Chinese Norinco, it's a very good shooter. I have a Yugo AK-47 (Zastava). I'd like to have a Saga, but they are not importing them now. I do not have a PPK, but I do have two PPk copies. I would like to have lever-action Winchester, maybe some day.

we say 7.62X39 mm a lot in my home ;)

Damn good rifle to have with those particular rounds. Seems I just read a recent story about a company circumventing the import barriers and manufacturing them in the USA.

Kalashnikov USA ? hmmmm....

I am a Norinco sporter AK guy

I love my Makorov 9mm...crappy fits and finishes,but very reliable on store bought rounds...You could pound nails with it if you had to
the loudest thing on my Norinco is the action

New Threads

Top Bottom