• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your least favorite meals as a kid

Keith

As a kid, I hated:

Brussels sprouts
Meatloaf
Chicken & dumplings
Asparagus
White beans and cornbread
Stew
Chicken broccoli casserole
Tamale pie

Last edited:
I remember as a kid I never liked mushrooms. I had them once and didn't like them at all, so clearly mushroomsoup was a no go for me as well.

Nowadays, I can tolerate them when they're part of some kind of meal. Not eating them on their own though, nor do I care for soup that contains them.

Sprouts; while I don't hate them with a passion, I'm not awfully fond of them, nor have ever been. Oh, and Asparagus; didn't like it as a kid, and as an adult it doesn't really stimulate my tastebuds either...

I've learnt that sometimes (not always) it was the way it was cooked or presented when I was a kid that I didn't like. Some things I now like or at least can tolerate that I didn't as a kid. For example, broad beans if picked young are almost palatable, mature ones are not. I eat most veg if not cooked until they are dead and disintegrating!
Anything served with white sauce is still a sure way to kill the appetite! Please keep it well away from my veg!

I hated milk. I could drink chocolate milk, but white milk was absolutely disgusting. I still don't drink it unless it's mixed in with coffee. And even then, if I drink too much (like when DH makes a homemade, milk-based mocha that absolutely love), it upsets my tummy. We've had to switch to coconut milk for my mochas. :)

Roast beef/lamb or pork or steak
Pumpkin
Cauliflower
Chicken drumsticks
Cabbage
Brussel Sprouts
Plain (unflavoured) milk (unless it was poured on my breakfast cereal)

liver,any filters or digestive tract from any animal
pickled pigs feet...consider what they were pickled in first ;)
mushrooms...if you found fungus in your pizza you throw it away,so why order it on one...there are texture issues here as well
sweet potatoes and yams,colorful,cute but foul :rolleyes:
all asparagus should be plowed under as soon as it sprouts :p

When I broke my brain,it deleted my olfactory function and taste option.
It is not as tragic as it sounds,and often having no sense of smell is amusing to me.
After cracking my noggin,when asked how my food tasted,my reply was that it tasted like chicken :D
I refuse to eat anything that disgusted me in my past,even though I may never taste it. ;)
I still have working receptors for spicy sensations,anything acetic and my treats are sugar based foods.
I should attempt a hostile takeover of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory :D

I could not stand peas. My parents were of the 'you eat everything on your plate and do not leave the table until you're done' era, and eventually resigned themselves to having to wait for me to skin each pea. I refused to eat the little skins.

I've learnt that sometimes (not always) it was the way it was cooked or presented when I was a kid that I didn't like. Some things I now like or at least can tolerate that I didn't as a kid. For example, broad beans if picked young are almost palatable, mature ones are not. I eat most veg if not cooked until they are dead and disintegrating!
Anything served with white sauce is still a sure way to kill the appetite! Please keep it well away from my veg!
Yes. I disliked formerly frozen peas, but I really liked fresh peas that my father had grown in his garden, especially if they were raw.

The list of food I loved would be shorter, but here's three I hated. Boiled carrots, but raw ones were a favourite. Almost everything that contained fish. One of the few sauces I liked was tomato, but I disliked tomatoes when they still resemble a tomato.

The list of food I loved would be shorter, but here's three I hated. Boiled carrots, but raw ones were a favourite. Almost everything that contained fish. One of the few sauces I liked was tomato, but I disliked tomatoes when they still resemble a tomato.
Oh, yes. I forgot tomatoes. Same here.

If I hated the food in question, there's not much point in trying to itemize it as something I least liked to eat. Because I wouldn't have eaten it at all beyond the one time I learned to hate it.

I was never forced to eat something I absolutely couldn't stomach, which admittedly amounted to a fair number of food items when I was a child.

I am an easy eater. I liked and still like pretty much everything. I only dislike certain types of fish, which is about it. But even then I don't get that feeling like I just can't eat what is on my plate. I never just hate food. I can always get over it and eat whatever this friend or family member cooked for me.
...And I enjoy the activity of eating. Which is why people like to cook for me. I'm very grateful and usually energetic and always-in-a-good-mood company.

Let's see...Liver. When I was a pre-teen, I was anemic, and my doctor suggested that my mother feed me liver once a week! Yuck! Plus, knowing what I know now, the liver was probably over cooked which made it as palatable as shoe leather. Another thing is milk. I used to gag if forced to drink it, and once actually threw up. I can now tolerate goat's milk, on occasion. I have always hated cauliflower, but can eat it if is cooked along with other vegetables in some kind of sauce. I didn't like Brussels sprouts as a kid, but they were probably over cooked as well. I now have learned that they are so much nicer when steamed and tossed with a light coating of clarified butter. I have also always disliked white bread, which takes on the consistency of dough in my mouth. Undercooked eggs ( raw bits of egg white in scrambled eggs) are nausea inducing. And oh yes, mint jelly. Why would you want to imagine toothpaste on your meat?

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom