• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your least favorite meals as a kid

if it is anything like a triple bock beer I tried to drink once,it should be tossed away before it goes to market :p

I used to experiment with different bottled ciders and beers, some of them were.. actually, I need to invent a new word for how bad they were! :dizzy:

I just remembered that for years the smell of peanut butter made me gag. No allergies, mind you. It's just that all my sister ate for lunch was peanut butter and crackers (long story).
This calls to mind the years my mother perpetuated tuna casseroles for days on end...it was years before I would eat tuna again
Her recipe was tuna,milk,a can of mushroom soup and rice baked in a glass dish until it formed a crust...to extend it,she added more of the original ingredients to it and any leftover veggies that she found in the fridge. The casseroles were served six days a week with the only reprieve of a decent Sunday meal that provided the veggie fillers. I do remember her serving the slop for several years. The poor woman was suffering from severe clinical depression and spent most of her time in bed,so at an early age,I got my first taste of depression and feel for anyone who experiences if firsthand

I didn't like mushrooms, they're all squeeky and rubbery, not a pleasant texture at all

Custard = yuk!

I liked steak and kidney pie, but there was always an ingredient that I didn't like, so picked it out, think it was the kidney.

Olives

Peas have always deeply offended me. If I have something like vegetable soup, I'll spend as long as it takes to scoop all the little round green bits out. Peas ruin a perfectly good meal.

Pinto beans. Hated them for years. They were chalky and nasty tasting. I can eat them now, if I smother them with other foods at the same time, but I still have a passionate dislike for butter/lima beans, field peas, and black-eyed peas. I love to pick and shell them, but I hate eating them. English/sweet peas are good, I'll eat them. Never liked olives or mushrooms.

Spaghetti I still don't like too much, but I'll eat it. Lasagna I couldn't eat for years because the little white spots made my stomach turn. But I adore my lasagna that I make! Perhaps what was missing in my childhood lasagnas was the ricotta to help blend in the white lumps of cottage cheese?

And I couldnt eat salami unless I sat for ages picking all the white bits out. Then I loved salami.

There is a funny story told in my family of when I was three...I did not like canned peas and instead of getting beaten for not cleaning my plate,I shoved them under the edge of my plate...BUSTED! :p

And I couldnt eat salami unless I sat for ages picking all the white bits out. Then I loved salami.

Haha, I'm still doing it! The problem is that I live in Italy now and salami and all related stuff is worshiped here (well deserved, eh!), so this kind of thing can be offensive for locals. I have to be really careful when eating out and in public places, I just try secretly to take out the biggest pieces of fat.. :p And then - mmm, so good! ^____^

Haha, I'm still doing it! The problem is that I live in Italy now and salami and all related stuff is worshiped here (well deserved, eh!), so this kind of thing can be offensive for locals. I have to be really careful when eating out and in public places, I just try secretly to take out the biggest pieces of fat.. :p And then - mmm, so good! ^____^

I'm only not picking the white bits out now because it took so long to for that I just don't eat salami anymore. Also many people moaned saying that I was hardly left with anything and it seemed a waste. So I now save time and avoid having to put up with people moaning. But unfortunately I am also lacking my salami goodness.[emoji22]

To this day I can not tolerate

Sauerkraut (unless cooked with brown sugar)

Pork roast (ham, bacon, pork chops and sausage are ok)

Beef liver

Pork liver

Beef sausage

Peas

Yams

Cauliflower

Brussel Sprouts

Cabbage

Asparagus

Carrots (only when cooked)

Celery (only when cooked)

Beer

Wine

Any hard liquor

Coffee

Hot dogs

I forgot mushrooms. Considering that the commercial farmers grow then in horse and cow manure, you can understand why they turn my stomach.

I have a long list of foods I won't eat. Many vegetables are off the list. I wouldn't eat salad until I was 16. I recently discovered I have Celiac disease, so the "gluten free" diet makes things even more complicated. I've always loved food packed with sugar, but limit myself for health and weight reasons.

Back when I was a child ( and today) I couldn't/can't stand things like strong cheese, shellfish and certain types of fish, for an example a danish christmas dish called marinated herring (marineret sild).

I just remembered that for years the smell of peanut butter made me gag. No allergies, mind you. It's just that all my sister ate for lunch was peanut butter and crackers (long story).
I remember there was a time when I couldn't stand the smell of peanut butter, and I would gag for years. This was because a friend gave my mother an industrial sized can of peanut butter once. The kids in my family all went crazy, smearing it on bread, on cereal, on crackers, etc. Soon the very smell was enough to cause tummy trouble. It took me about ten years to be able to eat it again!

I remember there was a time when I couldn't stand the smell of peanut butter, and I would gag for years. This was because a friend gave my mother an industrial sized can of peanut butter once. The kids in my family all went crazy, smearing it on bread, on cereal, on crackers, etc. Soon the very smell was enough to cause tummy trouble. It took me about ten years to be able to eat it again!
sounds a bit like what we called government cheese...huge blocks of pasty greasy bland crapola that was exploited by the masses...hated it unless it was used for grilled cheese sandwiches

Maybe similar to the huge blocks we had when I was a kid. So big it would go mouldy well before it was half finished. while we trimmed the worst of it off, I'm sure the reason we didn't get sick in those days was the large doses of penicillin we consumed :)

New Threads

Top Bottom