• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What subtype of autistic are you?

I learn so much from you guys. Will post. And the Ten Minute Mail? AWESOME!!

Active but odd. I had severe AD/HD as a kid and one of the reasons I was diagnosed so young, despite being female was the fact I presented more like a stereotypical boy with Asperger's. I was loud, in your face, bossy, dominant and aggressive (I often instigated fights just so I could be a part of it and it was physical fights I enjoyed the most and if teachers or adults didn't intervene, I probably would have literally gone for the kill.)

Very interesting test indeed.

40%Active but Odd
Active But Odd is a common personality type among Autistics. In Early development, many active but odd types may fit into Kanner's profile and many into Asperger's. Many make persistent but peculiar attempts at reaching people. May be verbally repetitive. This type is great at rote memory and repetition of large swathes of facts.

40%Stilted
This group almost appears neurotypical. They are often actors and have perfected and practiced the art of passing. They share the same idiosyncrasies as other Autistics and may appear to be slightly "off". This type holds meltdowns in until they get home. They are more concerned with social propriety than other Autistic personality types, and may not have the insight to see their own emotional reactions.

20%Aloof
Aloof is more common in nonverbal Autistics. May appear to be disengaged but really have a very sensory way of processing the world around them. Aloof types may take longer to process input than other types of personalities. Independence may be difficult to achieve. Typical "spikey cognitive profile". Aloof types are deeply sensory and incredibly in tune with their environments.

0%Passive
Gentle, suggestible and easily led, the Passive type shares some similarities with the Aloof type, such as seeming disengaged when attempting to process input and a spikey cognitive profile, though they struggle less than the Aloof type with both issues. They are perseverative thinkers and their passivity may manifest through delayed echolalia. This type are introverts and need time to recuperate after socializing. Emotionally sensitive, passive types may react very visibly and strongly when overstimulated, especially through anger and sorrow.

Passives are usually gentle, generous and friendly, but can quickly become distressed.

I'm glad I took this test to see where all these things fall in place for me! Seeing that I'm 40% Active but Odd isn't a surprise to Me. Family & friends have always told me I've been like this, but just not using these words. These other things I'm not too knowledgeable about, but very interesting and insightful for me to know for sure. Thanks for sharing this Southern Discomfort.

When reading about this I have trouble trying to decide which I am. I see qualities of myself in most of the descriptions. I took the test and often wound up debating between two answers because i could see myself having both reactions, depending on the situation. In the end, I got 50 percent passive, 30 stilted and 20 aloof. Part of me thought I might be the active but odd quicker than aloof, but I dunno. I do know I'm easily led, have difficulty processing too much at once, need a lot of cool-down time after something too stimulating etc. But I do try to fit in with NTs. I used to repeat things when learning to speak, and sometimes I catch myself doing it especially when I'm really tired or absorbed in something. Lol

I got 50% Passive, 40% Stilted and 10% Active but Odd.

Kinda surprised me, as I thought I’d have higher active but odd and lower stilted percentages, though the passive description really does describe me well. Probably because once I was labeled “gifted and talented” as a child I wore it like a badge of honor - I still have a report I did in 5th grade where I basically start it out by saying “My name is Eric, I’m gifted and talented...”

I don't really fall into any of those, although I'm probably closest to "active but odd" I was easily diagnosed even in the 1970s as I had severely slow speech development. Experts initially thought I was low functioning back then like my brothers are even as adults, I however unlike them started improving, but kept numerous traits even as an adult. I also partly fit into some of the other categories and I have a few traits that aren't even listed.

In other words you cannot place autistic people into such categories. It doesn't work like that, as you said we are all different.

I got 50% Stilted, 30% Aloof and 20% Passive.

Stilted makes the most sense because that's how I am now. You would struggle to see me as autistic nowadays, I can come across as quite capable, socially.

Aloof makes sense too at this percentage too; I was non-verbal until I was 4, and independence is hard for me at some degree. I have the capacity to do daily living but I have a lot holding me back from achieving wider things like going places and being on my own - anxiety holds me back in this sense although I can do it to a very limited degree at the moment.

And lastly Passive was also very true for me. I needed a lot of time to recover from being around friends and school. I was echolalic when I was learning to talk, and I still do delayed echolalia when I'm alone or under my breath, mostly lines from programmes or games. But I know it's seen as an odd behaviour so I don't do it out loud any more. I was also disengaged from a lot of stuff and people before I decided I wanted medication. I do not get angry really, I do tend to bottle it up though instead, but I am emotionally sensitive.

I would say this describes me quite well.

Mine was identical to yours and I think it is spot on!

i got
50% Passive
20% Active
20% Aloof
10% Stilted

I don't know how i feel about this. but i would say that its probably right on the amount of passiveness i have. I feel like aloof should of been a bit higher, but *shrug*

I got 43% French, 23% Frosty Cone, 9.5% Wednesday and 14% Doesn't give a crap.

Actually I got distracted by above Avatars. More stunning Aspie women.

And Wednesday is just plain stupidly spelled. Who comes up with these spellings? Don't answer, I already know... Old English Majors. It should be Wodensday for 'Day of Woden' not Wednesday which today looks like 'Wed NES Day'.

40%Stilted
This group almost appears neurotypical. They are often actors and have perfected and practiced the art of passing. They share the same idiosyncrasies as other Autistics and may appear to be slightly "off". This type holds meltdowns in until they get home. They are more concerned with social propriety than other Autistic personality types, and may not have the insight to see their own emotional reactions.

30%Passive
Gentle, suggestible and easily led, the Passive type shares some similarities with the Aloof type, such as seeming disengaged when attempting to process input and a spikey cognitive profile, though they struggle less than the Aloof type with both issues. They are perseverative thinkers and their passivity may manifest through delayed echolalia. This type are introverts and need time to recuperate after socializing. Emotionally sensitive, passive types may react very visibly and strongly when overstimulated, especially through anger and sorrow.

Passives are usually gentle, generous and friendly, but can quickly become distressed.

20%Aloof
Aloof is more common in nonverbal Autistics. May appear to be disengaged but really have a very sensory way of processing the world around them. Aloof types may take longer to process input than other types of personalities. Independence may be difficult to achieve. Typical "spikey cognitive profile". Aloof types are deeply sensory and incredibly in tune with their environments.

10%Active but Odd
Active But Odd is a common personality type among Autistics. In Early development, many active but odd types may fit into Kanner's profile and many into Asperger's. Many make persistent but peculiar attempts at reaching people. May be verbally repetitive. This type is great at rote memory and repetition of large swathes of facts.

I found this quiz kind of hard to take, as many of the choices didn't describe me. I got 40% stilted, however the description doesn't fit me. I don't try to pass....I am who I am, and if people don't like it, then it's their loss. I couldn't care less about trying to fit in or please people. That's always been the least of my concerns.

I decided not to bother with the test, but I'm sure as a kid I was active but odd, and now as an adult I'm mainly stilted with occasional active but odd traits.

60%Stilted

20%Aloof

20%Passive

0%Active but Odd

New Threads

Top Bottom