• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What subtype of autistic are you?

Passive, but my infantry training has given me the ability to shrug off my genital nature if i actually realize im being led.

50% Passive
30% Aloof
20% Active But Odd

I agree with this assessment pretty well, though I'm surprised I didn't get a higher score for Aloofness.

I got 50% passive, 30% stilted, 10% active but odd and 10 aloof. But, considering the descriptions, the type I most identify with is stilted.

I am more passive/aloof....more aloof as a child, more passive now.

If I were more outgoing and focused on interaction with others I think I would be active-but-odd ... when I have (/have had) reason to initiate and maintain a lot of social interaction I probably fall (/fell) into "active but odd".

No quiz results, as I have no patience for such things today.

I once met a guy who was 50% NT and 50% autie. He was considered half-Aspergers...!
rimshot.gif

Last edited:
I kind of expected a 10% stilted because I really do hold stuff until I get home, but... here it is:

50%Passive
Gentle, suggestible and easily led, the Passive type shares some similarities with the Aloof type, such as seeming disengaged when attempting to process input and a spikey cognitive profile, though they struggle less than the Aloof type with both issues. They are perseverative thinkers and their passivity may manifest through delayed echolalia. This type are introverts and need time to recuperate after socializing. Emotionally sensitive, passive types may react very visibly and strongly when overstimulated, especially through anger and sorrow.

Passives are usually gentle, generous and friendly, but can quickly become distressed.

40%Aloof
Aloof is more common in nonverbal Autistics. May appear to be disengaged but really have a very sensory way of processing the world around them. Aloof types may take longer to process input than other types of personalities. Independence may be difficult to achieve. Typical "spikey cognitive profile". Aloof types are deeply sensory and incredibly in tune with their environments.

10%Active but Odd
Active But Odd is a common personality type among Autistics. In Early development, many active but odd types may fit into Kanner's profile and many into Asperger's. Many make persistent but peculiar attempts at reaching people. May be verbally repetitive. This type is great at rote memory and repetition of large swathes of facts.

0%Stilted
This group almost appears neurotypical. They are often actors and have perfected and practiced the art of passing. They share the same idiosyncrasies as other Autistics and may appear to be slightly "off". This type holds meltdowns in until they get home. They are more concerned with social propriety than other Autistic personality types, and may not have the insight to see their own emotional reactions.

40% Passive
30% Active but Odd
20% Aloof
10% Stilted

Drat. Need to work on aloofness.

50%Passive
Gentle, suggestible and easily led, the Passive type shares some similarities with the Aloof type, such as seeming disengaged when attempting to process input and a spikey cognitive profile, though they struggle less than the Aloof type with both issues. They are perseverative thinkers and their passivity may manifest through delayed echolalia. This type are introverts and need time to recuperate after socializing. Emotionally sensitive, passive types may react very visibly and strongly when overstimulated, especially through anger and sorrow.

Passives are usually gentle, generous and friendly, but can quickly become distressed.

30%Aloof
Aloof is more common in nonverbal Autistics. May appear to be disengaged but really have a very sensory way of processing the world around them. Aloof types may take longer to process input than other types of personalities. Independence may be difficult to achieve. Typical "spikey cognitive profile". Aloof types are deeply sensory and incredibly in tune with their environments.

20%Active but Odd
Active But Odd is a common personality type among Autistics. In Early development, many active but odd types may fit into Kanner's profile and many into Asperger's. Many make persistent but peculiar attempts at reaching people. May be verbally repetitive. This type is great at rote memory and repetition of large swathes of facts.

Quite accurate I thought on the whole - interesting test.

I got: 80% Stilted, 10% Active but Odd, 10% Passive. Even though it's a quick and simple questionair I feel like it describes me quite well. It's also interesting to see other people's results. I didn't look at them all but they seem to be roughly proportionate to my observations from meeting many different people with ASDs.

New Threads

Top Bottom