• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

I have a recurring one for America (especially North) and another recurring one for psychology.

I have a recurring one for America (especially North)...
What does that encompass? The culture, the language, the politics, the music, the food, the art, the architecture, the topography, the wildlife...?

So, that is the culprit! The doctors told me it was from smoking all those years. Does this mean that I can go buy some cigars?

Feel free to buy as many cigars as you want.
Just don't smoke them.

They might make good bug killer, if you soak
them in water, and spray the bugs with it.

About once or twice a year I smoke part of a cigar. :D

I have not smoked for 14 years, so now cigarettes stink to me. But a good cigar still smells very good. I am afraid if I tried another one that I would just keep smoking them. You must have very good will power to limit yourself to once or twice a year and only smoke part of one.

Currently a little bit too obsessed with Regular Show. I don't watch it all day every day, but I could quite happily do so at the moment.

Colour; I wear bright colours, although I can tone down when the occasion demands. I hate drabness, and colour is usually the first thing I notice about something. I take after my grandmother in that I like black & brown in the right place, and I hate khaki - I can understand why soldiers wear it, but not anybody else.
Other obsessions are spelling and grammar; Israel/Jews/the Holocaust/Anne Frank (I'm not Jewish, just philo-Semitic); the Bible/Gospel, but don't ask me where to find something in the Bible as I can rarely remember! Autism/Asperger's syndrome!
Some obsessions I've had in the past but have grown out of or have become less intense include China/the Chinese (after watching the film about Gladys Aylward); certain people at school who bugged me for some reason or other; "Dad's Army"; hairstyles; hospitals/nursing.

Colour; I wear bright colours, although I can tone down when the occasion demands. I hate drabness, and colour is usually the first thing I notice about something. I take after my grandmother in that I like black & brown in the right place, and I hate khaki - I can understand why soldiers wear it, but not anybody else.
Other obsessions are spelling and grammar; Israel/Jews/the Holocaust/Anne Frank (I'm not Jewish, just philo-Semitic); the Bible/Gospel, but don't ask me where to find something in the Bible as I can rarely remember! Autism/Asperger's syndrome!
Some obsessions I've had in the past but have grown out of or have become less intense include China/the Chinese (after watching the film about Gladys Aylward); certain people at school who bugged me for some reason or other; "Dad's Army"; hairstyles; hospitals/nursing.

Ooh, I'm also obsessed with Judaism (also not Jewish... but sometimes really wish I was). It's on a downswing at the moment, but I love reading/watching documentaries about Orthodox Judaism, especially Hasidism.

I have a lot of temporary obsessions that come and go, but currently obsessed with researching pet nutrition and the best brands of pet food (I just got a new kitten), and as I am new to the idea of possibly having Aspergers- haven't been diagnosed, I've been a little obsessed with researching about that lately. Some long term obsessions have been needing to always read my facebook newsfeeds and make sure I don't miss out on anything, and since I am a competitive bowler and bowl in leagues, I've always been obsessed with looking up everyones scores and results in the league, in addition to my own teams. To be fair though, that knowledge can also benefit me and my team for future team match ups against the other team. I also have a tendency to make lists (I keep a more organized version of my Netflix queue in a word document and have it color coded by categories and list the star actors next to the title, and also have a list of all of my future travel destinations I want to visit, organized by long trips, short trips, overseas trips, ect. for example). If I end up not having Aspergers, I certainly have OCD, lol...

A nice pic - partial eclipse of the sun in southern hemisphere - from spaceweather. I'm still interested in it but it's fading.
patagonia.png

http://www.spaceweather.com/images2017/27feb17/patagonia.png?PHPSESSID=7qj4fl3tqcvrqaqhftbsbq8h43

Reading everything I can about why people are violent, as in murderers, serial killers, why violence exists, how it comes about. Read somewhere that poverty is violence.

New Threads

Top Bottom