• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Oh, For Shame!

The app has some advantages in that the website is not responsive, so doesn't work well on phones & tablets.

The app handles that fine, so probably better for reading.

Interaction is poorer as it's been dumbed down (maybe for Iphone users :p), and functionality removed.

My tablet doesn't spell check on it either, which shows up how badly I need a spell checker.

Oh, yeah, the app is also worse for browsing through forums as well, but better at keeping abreast of stuff you've participated in.

The app has some advantages in that the website is not responsive, so doesn't work well on phones & tablets.

The app handles that fine, so probably better for reading.

Interaction is poorer as it's been dumbed down (maybe for Iphone users :p), and functionality removed.

My tablet doesn't spell check on it either, which shows up how badly I need a spell checker.
What? you don't have use for the latest IOS # custom wheel chocks? :p

Not so much!

I'm not buying anything that's aimed at users who can only cope with one big button.

Nor those that buy Apple because of what it says about them :D

Think Differently my arse.

I'm not against iphone users (my wife has one), nor do I think anyone on this forum is a sheep, or blind follower in any way what-so-ever.

So please don't think badly of me.

I just think you've made a very silly choice. :D:D

I like getting likes, not because it makes me feel popular but because it shows that people actually care about or agree with something I've said.

I try to like peoples posts, especially those which appear as if they need support, so they know someone cares about how they are.

And Iphones are ****ing stupid.

I'm an android user,and to tell the truth,the app is not all that great. I saw a huge loss of functionality over a browser based version of the site. I'm not too keen on having to use Adobe Crash in order to upload images here either,but according to admin,that is due to change in the future.

The android app has stopped working for me. I try to sign in and it says the server can't be reached, and today when I tried, the app just kicked me.

One of the first things I noticed about the karma section is that I've almost exactly been given the same amount of karma as I gave. To me that seems fitting.

Coming from someone who is pre-facebook/twitter, etc. etc., this hoping for anonymous "internet people" to affirm you with a mouse movement a click that cost them nothing and means less is sad. I do reply to posts, but only occasionally use the other optoins. They contribute nothing to the threads, and contributions are what make this site work, not these silly buttons.

Coming from someone who is pre-facebook/twitter, etc. etc., this hoping for anonymous "internet people" to affirm you with a mouse movement a click that cost them nothing and means less is sad. I do reply to posts, but only occasionally use the other optoins. They contribute nothing to the threads, and contributions are what make this site work, not these silly buttons.
You could say the same of any human communication.

Never the less, it does have meaning if people believe it does.

I like getting likes, not because it makes me feel popular but because it shows that people actually care about or agree with something I've said.

I try to like peoples posts, especially those which appear as if they need support, so they know someone cares about how they are.

And Iphones are ****ing stupid.
I'm not against iphone users (my wife has one), nor do I think anyone on this forum is a sheep, or blind follower in any way what-so-ever.

So please don't think badly of me.

I just think you've made a very silly choice. :D:D

I'm an iPhone user. I don't feel bad about it at all. I also use an apple computer, and I really don't feel bad about it either. Standing over here with my awesome stuff not knowing why you guys are haters! :cool:

You did, but I won't hold it against you.

I only buy black boxes - Sony Xperia, Lenovo.

I see! I'm simple gal. I like things that last. I have an original nintendo. I don't play it, but I still own it.

I'm a tech horder too. Still got a Wii, the first Xbox and DS.

The chances of using them again are close to zero, but I can't just throw them away!

I'm a hoarder, but not for gaming systems. If I was going to play a video game it would definitely be Super Mario, I'm stuck in time. I have no other systems, I barely own a TV.

I'm a hoarder, but not for gaming systems. If I was going to play a video game it would definitely be Super Mario, I'm stuck in time. I have no other systems, I barely own a TV.
im a hoarder to.
but with nintendo,my sister-who is an aspie is quite the same,she only likes nintendo and she has a 3ds thing,she had their other consoles to.
i have the original NES to still at my parents house.

as for the original topic,its nice to know someone has agreed with what youve wrote so i like likes in that way,but i dont write to get likes, i like being an honest person and if it means writing something unpopular or something that goes against the autistic communities view i would do as i cant pretend to say or think something else it would be impossible for me and it would physically hurt me to even try.

i hate it when the like system is abused though and it makes a mockery of what the system is designed for.
i used to be on a computing forum and there was a dislike option there to,and i was bullied through it,people were continuously disliking me and the community judged me on it and ignored me because they thought i was trouble,i had done nothing wrong but the users there were regulary calling me a r****d and telling me i had no right to an opinion,basically they hated slower people,showing constant disablist views and the rest of them just pressing dislike because everyone else was doing it.i thought they were scum they made me feel terrible with their comments on my disabilities.

Well, you have certainly started a wave of likes, etc. as a result of your comments in this thread! Good points.

I must admit that I have started a thread that led to absolutely no response at all, never mind likes, etc. I stopped accessing the site for a while. I think that more often than not others do not really relate to or understand the value or degree of importance one places on the topic that he/she starts. Not unless it is a suicide threat, or something similar.

But yes, there are some really amazing discussions, but even those that do not seem so amazing still need support in one way or another. I would assume that this is why we are a part of this community, and not only for self-focus/satisfaction reasons.

We all need support at some stage.

New Threads

Top Bottom