• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

May I join? There are chances I fit in...

Hello everyone. I am a 46 yo woman officially identified as an Aspie two years ago after a burn out that kept me out of work for a few months. My life has changed a lot since then. Besides changes at work, personal relationships and knowing myself better, I have also entirely changed my philosophy and the way I live my life, trying to focus more on the smaller (or bigger depending how you see it) and better things. Unfortunately, I have recently fallen in burn out mode again and although I recognised it earlier this time, I am still struggling to keep the balance between work, family, friends, and personal needs. Any advice, algorithms or mathematical equations to deal with burn out or prevent it would be very much appreciated :) Like many of you I also struggle with keeping true to who (I recently found out) I am, while also keeping some friends around...

My special interests include reading everything that falls in my hands (books, magazines, leaflets, installation manuals etc...) neuroscience, logic, chance and probabilities, word etymology, metal music, evolutionary anthropology, martial arts, anything food and wine related, movies and documentaries. I am specifically obsesed with wine and the truth in any form, and this is why I always ask 'why?' and constantly get on the nerves of everyone around me:)

1701985467556.png

Sounds like you will fit right in here. I'm a wiseass, so I especially like you getting on other people's nerves. We have had similar circumstances (most here could say the same). To avoid a long winded reply, see the about area of my personal info.

Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. Lots of us are happy to help if you have any questions about how the forum works.

Hi and welcome. It seems there's a lot of us older ones coming out of the woodwork these days.

Hey @Zaphod Beeblebrox How's life, the universe and everything? :) Welcome! I'm sure you will make lots of friends here! You know what else? Just the other day I was wondering how long it would be until someone chose that user name! I love Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy :)

Hello, Zaphod. Would you like me to stand in the corner and rust, or should I just fall apart where I'm standing?

Ok this is from memory...

Tafelwein
Qualitatswein
Qualitat mit Special Pradikat
- Kabinet
- Spatlese
- Auslese
- Beerenauslese
- Trockenbeerenauslese

Don't hold me to spelling. Been too long and I stink at spelling anyway.

Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. Lots of us are happy to help if you have any questions about how the forum works.
Thanks Rodafina. Do I just continue writing on this thread? Is that how it works if I want to say something in public? Also, do I have to befriend people by following them in order to chat with them or join their conversations? So many questions...

New Threads

Top Bottom