• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

May I join? There are chances I fit in...

Thanks Rodafina. Do I just continue writing on this thread? Is that how it works if I want to say something in public? Also, do I have to befriend people by following them in order to chat with them or join their conversations? So many questions...
You can start new threads. Good idea to try to fit them into the existing categories when possible. You can chat by clicking on the person's name and selecting "start conversation "

Hi @Zaphod Beeblebrox,
I'm a 50 yr old woman, newly diagnosed with ASD2 and I've been here around a month. Posted my first post when I got confirmation of my dx. I like a lot of the things you like, bar metal music and martial arts (that would be my guy, who has that in common with you) a lot of the other stuff you mention my guy and I both like, other than I am the reader, he likes audio books. Oh and I'm a little too ADHDy to be bothered with instruction manuals (my bad).

Welcome.

Indeed burnout is always a risk and for some of us, things come and go. I hope you find the supports and resources you need to carry yourself through the more challenging times.

Thanks Rodafina. Do I just continue writing on this thread? Is that how it works if I want to say something in public? Also, do I have to befriend people by following them in order to chat with them or join their conversations? So many questions...
Hey @Zaphod Beeblebrox

This is your intro thread. You can say what you want, but most people do just use it as a way to present themselves for a hello. I would recommend reading through some of the threads that have been posted lately and see if you have anything that you want to add. Also, you can always start a new thread of your own, asking a question or just saying what you want to say.

People feel differently about the follow feature. Some use it and some don’t. I think most people here become friends by simply interacting on the public threads. We also have a private message system which some people are open to. Additionally, you could try using the chat feature. Some times the chat room is busier than others, but there is usually a slow motion conversation going on there.

New Threads

Top Bottom