• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

If I read a few stories about, say, nasty landlords, YouTube suggests more. Pretty soon, they try to keep me watching with more compelling titles, and then I realize I've been reading fiction for a while.

When you're discussing others and then the person you're discussing it with says "well they're adults, we can't dictate to them."
Um, but who's dictating? Discussing our views and feelings about someone's decision (no matter how stupid their decision is) is not the same as dictating to them.

Contradictions.
"NTs find good high-paying jobs while most autistics just end up shelf-filling in supermarkets"
But at the same time
"Autistics are clever so we're more likely to get into a high paying career, while most NTs just end up shelf-filling in supermarkets because they can't really learn or achieve anything beyond idle smalltalk and gossip about sports"

GOD!!! The stereotypes about NTs made by autistics are more aggravating than the stereotypes about autistics made by NTs.

Last edited:
When something that manufactures your favorite (socks, tshirt, makeup, etc...) goes out of business or stops producing that item.

When people say "collect experiences/memories and not things". While I like experiences and travelling, I still feel like collecting and owning possessions is just as fulfilling in life. It's nice to be able to have comfort items and possessions in your inhabitance, as you spend more time at home than you do on vacation.

When only one part of an episode is on YouTube and not the rest. Why bother putting it on YouTube at all?

YouTube just isn't as good as it used to be. It's frustrating when a show you used to like isn't on any videos or DVDs, or on TV or any cable, Netflix, etc, and even the internet doesn't have it except in such poor quality that it's just not the same. So really you'll never ever see it again, even if you're willing to pay to access it.

When I want to eat something on the go but I can't because I didn't bring my toothbrush / floss. I absolutely cannot stand the feeling of unclean teeth, especially when it comes to food between teeth.

When people pretend to be clueless about something they know full well about, just to publicly stir up unpleasant badmouthing about someone else.

Not referring to anyone here. In fact it's another pet peeve of mine to use this thread to make veiled remarks about other members on the same forum. It can get people paranoid and start to think you're talking about them all the time (which I can understand why they'd feel that way).
It's like if a coworker kept reporting you or something to the office, not because you keep doing anything wrong but just because they want to stir up trouble for you (which started from the one little thing you might have done wrong months ago). Then one day when you see them going towards the office again you'll immediately think they're going there to report you again, even if they weren't, so you actually stand up for yourself and tell them not to do it and then they are pleased that they're innocent that time and say "but I wasn't, why do you always make everything I do about you? Self-obsessed narcissist!"

See? Manipulation.

Last edited:
People in denial projecting their crappy attitudes and fallacious beliefs on me because they cannot handle the truth.

Sucks to be them, I guess.

Irritating, annoying, and all-around crappy people who seem to think that their departure will somehow hurt me.

News flash: I look forward to their departure, and rejoice when they're finally gone.

Oh wow, yes! I feel that I could commit murder lol

You brought a memory to me, when as a child, we would get videos from a local shop and before the film started, they went through such an elaberate way of talking a about piracy and I would think: is that worse than murder, rape etc? Because the way it was advertised, was to say that it is the worst crime possible to commit and in truth, did make me have an urge to commit piracy ( never did).

Or, when you get: don't you dare scroll down. Stop and read. So, guess what I do; scroll down even fast and stick my tongue out lol

Not sure why but I've gotten way more sensitive to socks lately. It takes a few hours, but inevitably it feels like I'm walking around in cold wet socks and I have to go change them. It's like the tiniest bit of moisture bothers me.

When my husband hovers around ready to go out while I'm trying to eat my lunch (if we're both planning on going out after). Normally I'm not one of those people who fuss about such things, but I don't know why but it always makes me feel on edge when someone is hovering about like they're waiting for me to hurry up and finish eating, which then makes me eat faster and then feel nauseous after. So sometimes I have to tell him to just sit down or wait in the car and that I'm coming as soon as I'm ready but I just want to enjoy my lunch.

When someone on the phone asks what you were doing just before they called and you say "nothing really", and they say "nothing? You must have been doing something." But "nothing" doesn't always literally mean "nothing", it just means either "I can't remember what I was doing" or "not anything worth having a conversation about, just...stuff".

When someone on the phone asks what you were doing just before they called and you say "nothing really", and they say "nothing? You must have been doing something." But "nothing" doesn't always literally mean "nothing", it just means either "I can't remember what I was doing" or "not anything worth having a conversation about, just...stuff".
Yeah, that drove me crazy until I realized it is how some people try to engage me. They aren't actually interested in the specifics, they just want to have any conversation to fulfill a social need.

New Threads

Top Bottom