• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

When Aspies on forums ask stupid questions like "don't NTs get face ache from constantly making facial expressions?" like they have to emphasise the fact that all NTs make so many facial expressions all the time and autistics don't.
It'd be equally annoying to autistics if someone said "don't autistics ache from stimming all the time?" Just a stupid question.

Anti-science Luddites in general, and especially people ignoring the long-term effects of Climate Change.
Well it's just annoying, and also triggering, when you say "ain't it a lovely day for January?" and you get the response "well, it's warm today because of global warming. We're all going to die soon".

When people say that ADHD isn't much of a neurological difference or disorder on its own and only exists prominently as a co-morbid of autism. This is very triggering. You don't have to have autism with ADHD to be affected by ADHD.
A woman I know has a 10-year-old with ADHD, but is not on the autism spectrum (because a lot of symptoms of the two conditions overlap she was tested for Asperger's in the process but didn't qualify with the ASD criteria). But that's not to say her ADHD doesn't affect her life and behaviour. Her father left her mother because he couldn't cope with the child, and her mother is on Prozac to cope. The child has behavioural difficulties, especially with emotional regulation. She's on medication, and it helps her in school, but it still doesn't stop her behaviour. She is not a spoilt child, she just has ADHD, and with or without autism or medication, ADHD is still a disorder.

When I complain about having to constantly have my ears shielded from sound at all times at home due to the noisy neighbours stamping about above because I like to listen to the weather, and people advise me that I can listen to weather sounds on YouTube.
1000002585.jpg

It's. Not. The. Same.

(FYI: People of my generation are "Boomers".)

When members of my generation are dismissed with the words, "Okay, Boomer".

(FYI: People of my generation are "Boomers".)

When members of my generation are dismissed with the words, "Okay, Boomer".
I know, I just hate when people keep calling you that, it's annoying. I just say Generation W (I think that's what it is).

When Bluetooth devices don't seem to tell you whether it's charged or how much battery it has left, even when you connect it to a computer, so I have to just guess.

When smokers lecture me about putting cotton buds in my ears. The irony! :tearsofjoy:

Hypocrites. OK, I understand no individual could really exist without being a hypocrite sometimes, but I'm talking about extreme hypocrites that repeatedly call you out on something they very frequently do. A colleague of mine is like this. He is always forgetting to put his stuff away after his shift, but woe betide me if I forget to put my stuff away occasionally.

I really really hate football season because of the annoying fans especially if they are calling into a radio station after a game. They always act like the team is invincible if they win two or more games in a row and then start complaining when the team loses and question nonstop about how it happened. IT HAPPENED BECAUSE IT’S JUST A STUPID GAME, YOU MORON, AND THE GAME IS JUST A BUNCH OF CHANCE AND PROBABILITY AND THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE OF LOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just needed to vent this.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have unusual things that bother them? Um, let me explain,

I get very angry and upset when I see an ad/commercial that assumes it knows what I think like 'You've always wanted to travel to blank...' And I'm like no. No NO NO. I've never wanted to do that. Don't assume you know what I want.

Also I get mad when an ad or sign tells me what to do, like a sign said I needed to buy more shoes or I need to stop and read the advertisement and I'm like, WTF no I don't. Don't tell what to do, that's stupid.

It makes me really upset and no one else understands why, I try to explain it to them but they say that it's just an ad or commercial. I drives me crazy.
I could write an essay on this topic but I'll stop at only one for now xp

Random people in our general cycle acting all ''cosy'' with me saying stuff like ''hey what's new?'' as if we generally chat together a lot or like we're friends and they feel entitled to know anything about my life,etc.. I especially hate this when extended relatives do this in 'once in a while' family gatherings. Like they see you once in 2 years and they will be like ''how have you been? what's new with you?'' or when they EXPECT you to tell them personal things like if you have a relationship,etc.

When autistic people advise other autistic people not to mask. How can you not mask when you have no choice? Some of us need to earn a living and some of us desire friendships and relationships. The world isn't going to change for us, which I understand. I don't want the world to change for us either. I've already learnt that including everybody isn't always easy and just generates irritating PC and -ist and -phobe words and no freedom of speech, which then generates more hate and controversy.

When I say "I'm unattractive" or "I wish I was more attractive", and people respond with "well you have inner beauty which is better." That never fills me with much self-confidence and I don't care how 'beautiful' I am on the inside it's still nice to look attractive on the outside too. Also when people say that, they're actually implying that I am unattractive, then when horrible manipulative bullies on internet forums call me accusing names then that kills any pride I did have in my inner beauty.
Try telling them that they have inner beauty and see how well they'll react xD and then tell them something like ''but didn;t you say that inner beauty IS better?'' xD

When other Aspies tell me off for having an opinion on an ideology or phenomenon because "live and let live, don't judge", but they respect NTs for having an opinion (even if it's a biased opinion) and say "people are entitled to their opinions."

So the rule is if you're an Aspie you aren't entitled to an opinion on anything (unless it's positive and accepting) otherwise you'd be a hypocrite or something.

Double standards.

Last edited:
When someone leaves their phone near me, goes away, and later gets angry toward me when I do not answer when it rings. Whatsamattah, you ain't got voicemail?

When someone leaves their phone near me, goes away, and later gets angry toward me when I do not answer when it rings. Whatsamattah, you ain't got voicemail?
I was always taught it was rude to just answer someone else's phone unless asked to.

New Threads

Top Bottom