• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

Humans having to rely on sudden loud noises to alert people in the distance of a hazard. While it's a safety procedure, it's torture for people nearby who have sensitive nerves and are easily startled.
For example, one time I was on a ferry boat, just quietly filming the calm sea with my phone and breathing in the fresh sea air - when all of a sudden the boat sounded its horn and it was the loudest thing I'd ever heard. I startled so badly, I nearly dropped my phone into the water. Other passengers looked startled too, as I saw some people with their hand on their chest and looking around.

Makes you wonder how people with pacemakers survive in this world of unpredictable sudden loud noises.

Threads that ask what time is it now where you are. I know threads on discussion forums don't always necessarily have to have a fixed meaning, but that is just a whole new level of pointlessness in my opinion. The time is what it says on the clock. It's okay to have a discussion about time but for one thread to go on for years with thousands of pages of just 12.05pm. 8.09am. 10.30pm. 4.46am. Ugh, just why?

I am annoyed by all ads except the ones for things I really like, such as Disney. :p I use Adblock and try to avoid ads on Hulu as much as possible - often I mute my computer and refresh the page a few times before watching something to try to get a trailer or trivia game so I can do that instead of have the content be interrupted by ads. Unfortunately I can't always get this option because Hulu's ad system is corrupted. They've started making the ads UNMUTABLE so I have to use system volume to mute them instead of the regular volume option! Apparently the best way to sell something is to FORCE it on people.
I remember one time I was on a computer in a quiet library, and I was just scrolling through a forum when suddenly an audible ad started bellowing loudly from my computer, making me startle and everyone else turn towards me. I had no idea the volume was turned up so loud.

But I bet nobody in the library that day bought the ad's stupid product.

My cat just tried to climb up my leg to get onto my lap.

I'm wearing shorts . . .

Last edited:
Applying for a job and getting a rejection email.
(I understand that it's sadly part of the job search schtick, but it's still disheartening at times).

When people respond to a post (not here in particular, just the internet in general) with questions as answers but in a sort of impatient and rhetorical way.

The way most people have auditory processing issues when it comes to using names, for example, "I saw John on Monday at Tesco", the person always hears "Monday" and "Tesco" but never "John", even if John is a familiar person to them and the name is easy to hear. But they still always respond with, "who?" I don't know why but I hate that word "who".

Last edited:
Young engineer temps at work, who seem to be so extroverted and have that cocky sort of posture and appearance. I like older guys, I seem more relaxed around them.

People who are nasty to you because they're jealous of you.

Jealousy is okay to feel as long as you don't act hostile towards them. I've always suffered with jealousy but I've always hidden it from the people I'm jealous of, because I know that it's not their fault.

When people on forums answer a post with a YouTube video of a song (bonus points if the song's lyrics are difficult to decode as an answer).

When Momo's ugly face randomly appears on my YouTube feed, it almost gives me a heart attack each time.

Last edited:
When people use "gut" to refer to any of the organs in your body, instead of specifying which organ they're referring to.

When people say "don't worry about it if you can't do anything about it". I mean, if I could do something about it then I'd worry less because I'd be too busy doing something about it (I am quite a good problem-solver). Worrying about something you can't do anything about is just your mind trying to see how it can cope, so basically it's like a survival thing.

Last edited:
This woman just called my dad’s shop asking “how much is the car outside?” and never stated which car she was talking about and insisted it was the “grey one with four doors.” I told her that I didn’t know which one she meant as there is a Honda Odyssey and a Honda Element and both are silver. My dad is selling the van but the Element is being sold by a used car lot we help do work on the cars they are selling. Well this lady got angry at me and kept saying it was the “grey Honda with four doors.” How am I supposed to know which “grey four door Honda for sale outside” when there are literally two of them?! I kept telling to tell me if she was talking about the van or the Element and she kept saying “the grey one outside.” I finally got frustrated and told her to call back on Monday when my dad would be there.

This woman just called my dad’s shop asking “how much is the car outside?” and never stated which car she was talking about and insisted it was the “grey one with four doors.” I told her that I didn’t know which one she meant as there is a Honda Odyssey and a Honda Element and both are silver. My dad is selling the van but the Element is being sold by a used car lot we help do work on the cars they are selling. Well this lady got angry at me and kept saying it was the “grey Honda with four doors.” How am I supposed to know which “grey four door Honda for sale outside” when there are literally two of them?! I kept telling to tell me if she was talking about the van or the Element and she kept saying “the grey one outside.” I finally got frustrated and told her to call back on Monday when my dad would be there.

So she didn't give you all the information (or even a registration number if it was still there) and then got angry with you because she didn't give you all the information?
Yeah, sounds about right; I honestly get the feeling some people expect everyone they want something from to be mind readers.

People not realizing what a broad spectrum Autism is and how the stereotypes refuse to die. According to them, I don't have "real" autism because I make facial expressions, speak clear and complete sentences, and eat other things besides Chicken McNuggets.

I hate when people in Europe are like "Americans call football soccer that is so stupid" or assume something else is something only Americans do, but in Canada we do many of the same things, like calling it soccer and having "American" football because we really are just America Junior. It's like all we do is try and explain to Americans that we're not British and to British people that we're not American.

New Threads

Top Bottom