• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Aspergers the evolved/elevated human being ?

For a purely autistic person, that would be the case. This person would not know he'd be inflicting pain.
Nobody on these forums is 100% autistic, we've all experienced and learned and felt.
I for one would feel an overwhelming urge to confess, because I KNOW it is wrong, for reasons established before.
It would not be my emotions telling me its wrong, that part is true.

Honestly, confessing probably wouldn't help either. The damage would have been done.

Interesting question - I know that NT men don't like if their spouse cheats on them with a sexual relationship, but if its just an emotional relationship NT men don't really care. NT women get upset if their spouse has an emotional relationship with another woman more than if it was just a one time romp in the hay. Are Aspie guys the same?

That is how I see men/women as well as NTs/Aspies.

I think its a matter larger than NTs/Aspies and men/women. If we see the nature the lion eats the deer. The hyenas group together and hunt the lions too. The stronger mostly hits the weaker. Men may be dominating women. Women might have to go through sexual harrasement in their workplace. I have seen NT women who can dominate men like anything. Ive seen very strong women and who have meglomania. Its not a question of races, gender or countries. Its a question of an individuals quest to know himself better. Even if we see any strong person..lets say even an evil person who likes to inflict pain onto others or weaker people. There is always a cause to that person becoming like that. Ive seen many cases where a trauma in childhood happened and it shaped a persons life. A small example is a friend of mine who really liked a girl a lot. The girl cheated on him and this man became highly suspicious of women. Infact he started to dislike women. Now not all women are like that. Some of the women are genuinely very nice. But still he is very bitter towards them. Ive seen some people who were mocked by others..they got hurt and they decided that they would inflict revenge on the people who mock others in general. They made taking revenge their agendas. Their whole life revolved around that one or a set of instances where they suffered. And those instances defined their futures.
But I guess if we introspect and look deeper inside ourselves. Originally a person doesnt want to fight, no one enjoys quarelling. Its only something which has pinched us deep down starts to dominate our lives. All of us have been hit down, traumatized, victimized by others somewhere or the other. We felt bad. Now this feeling bad can result in three things 1. We take revenge 2. We dont take revenge 3. We try to search for something deeper which makes us so happy within our own lives that we do not get affected by affected/pinched people or people who are constantly running in a programmed mode without stopping and taking a look at their actions.
I think 3rd is the best option since its free from cause and effect. Pain plays a pivotal role. Our pain is an indicator how sucessful are we within ourselves or how strong and happy we are within. If we feel pain, it certainly indicates we are still not deep within us and external environment still affects us. I think we will be the happiest if we are totally in tune with ourselves and doing things that we really love to do and we do not feel any fear within us of anyone. As an aspie we feel everything around us, we feel porous to others energies but who are we? we do not feel ourselves. And I know it how badly I want to feel myself. The day we are able to feel ourselves, we will be the happiest. Maybe this painful mystery of who am I is like a rabbit hole. Journey is definitely painful but maybe the end would be very sweet.

Honestly, confessing probably wouldn't help either. The damage would have been done.

Interesting question - I know that NT men don't like if their spouse cheats on them with a sexual relationship, but if its just an emotional relationship NT men don't really care. NT women get upset if their spouse has an emotional relationship with another woman more than if it was just a one time romp in the hay. Are Aspie guys the same?

I think it depends.
I admit I'm a very jealous person so it would bother me. Of course, I'm aware of my irrational state of mind so I don't show it, I just let it be.

Back to the subject.
99% of mutations (not a verified information; if we consider ASD as a mutation) are not positive. But still, many believe mutations were the main part of evolution!

I don't think I'm an evolutionary step-up. Some of us are greyhounds, some of us are whippets (or poodle and spaniel, or whatever two mutts ye like). All dogs, just a different breed.

Reminds me of an old saying:
Autism - It's not a processing error. It's a different operating system.

Now, in the words of author Kathy Hoopmann:
We are proud of who we are, and wouldn't change ourselves even if we could, because what we feel, want, believe and hope for isn't any different from anyone else.

We are simply individuals who need our weaknesses supported, our strengths recognized, and our abilities encouraged.

So, if people with and without Asperger's can learn to accept and value each other, imagine what we could achieve together!

Now finally, my own words.
I've come to believe that, regardless of our differences great and small, there are all part of this great big family that live, work and play on this little blue world that floats amongst the stars above.
Whatever our future, whatever the obstacles that stand in our way and whatever our destinies may be, we will all face it together as one.

Last edited:
People with Aspergers are just as capable of aggression as anyone else, as far as I am concerned.
I do not believe we are evolved. We are simply viewing the world through a different lens and reacting accordingly.

I agree, Graelwyn. Aspies are as capable of aggression. The impetus of that aggression may be different, and perhaps we might not be aggressive in going after something we want/need. But I for one have reacted aggressively when faced with certain situations, or under considerable stress.

I don't like that term. It means damaged and I just don't believe that AS is that. I prefer to think of Aspies as purebreds that have been pedigreed. :)
I want to make a joke about how as a Southern lady I protest anything relating to inbreeding since that's how most purebreeds are made, and being from Alabama I get plenty of those jokes as is, so pretend I made a witty quip and giggle now. :p

I want to make a joke about how as a Southern lady I protest anything relating to inbreeding since that's how most purebreeds are made, and being from Alabama I get plenty of those jokes as is, so pretend I made a witty quip and giggle now. :p

Did I make a boo boo? I though purebreds were a good thing. Doesn't everyone want a purebred?

Did I make a boo boo? I though purebreds were a good thing. Doesn't everyone want a purebred?
Unfortunately purebreds come with a whole host of health and welfare issues, personally I think pedigree breeding is cruel :/
or maybe we need a genius aspie to produce us with a super fast flying saucer and a way to reach space. that can help with the over crowding of this planet.
pahaha this made me snort orange juice out of my nose, thanks ;)

I don't like that term. It means damaged and I just don't believe that AS is that. I prefer to think of Aspies as purebreds that have been pedigreed. :)

No, it doesn't mean damaged. Are mutants in X-Men damaged? Of course, we're a bit far from shooting laser with our eyes or summoning a strorm with blinking but we'll get there!! I'm joking of course... :)

I heard that many great scientists were aspies. Unverified information, but I heard Einstein and Tesla were PROBABLY on the spectrum. They never got officially diagnosed but imagine, Einstein and Tesla were one of the biggest scientists in the history of mankind! They are certainly the most influential people in science of the 20th century.

P.S. If you do more research, you'll also find people like Isaac Newton, T. Jefferson, W.A. Mozart etc. I didn't include them in the article since they lived more than 200 years ago.

Nah, no boo boo in the least. Just my mind wandering into strange tangents again and bridging old conversations I've had elsewhere.

Some people are very concerned about the health of purebred varmints and say they where inbred to be that way and thus much more prone to health troubles. I prefer to take any critter that's friendly and doesn't cost too much.

Nah, no boo boo in the least. Just my mind wandering into strange tangents again and bridging old conversations I've had elsewhere.

Some people are very concerned about the health of purebred varmints and say they where inbred to be that way and thus much more prone to health troubles. I prefer to take any critter that's friendly and doesn't cost too much.

You always make me smile AsheSkyler. :)

Waldo actually cost me $100. Can you believe that? :rolleyes: And they didn't mention his bottomless pit of a stomach.

You always make me smile AsheSkyler. :)

Waldo actually cost me $100. Can you believe that? :rolleyes: And they didn't mention his bottomless pit of a stomach.
$100 ? I wish I could have bought one of the Chihuahua's for $100. They are probably smaller than Waldo too. They are purebreds and they do have certain health problems common to their breed. Dogs in general are cross bred to the point that their not at all like their ancestor's. I think cats are a lot closer.

Evolution happens when animals have a genetic mutation that gives them an advantage on the other "members" of their species. They will be more succesful at procreating and their offspring will be stronger. They will thrive and, in some cases, eventually replace the original species.

Although the Asperger syndrome comes with advantages, it can't really be seen as an "advantage" in our world. We (as a species) are more social en empathic than ever before. And a disorder that often limits you in certain social interactions, can't be seen as a genetic advantage. Even if we would be the next step in human evolution (which I don't think is true) it wouldn't exactly help us that lots of our fellow aspies have issues with intimicy. If certain social rules and structures don't come as natural to you, it won't be easy to become the Alpha dog in the pack.

I think the next evolutionary level will be 'a change of attitude towards life and the way of confronting it'.

I don't think the species will be around long enough to see that happen. To be honest, I think we've been digging our own grave.

New Threads

Top Bottom