• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Aspergers the evolved/elevated human being ?

pushpinder

I sometimes wonder if the individual with aspergers the new evolved human. A highly sensitive and thinking individual who ponders about how different he is from the fellow human beings. A evolved human who has the ability to feel others, is highly perceptive of others, cannot be aggressive even if wanting to....something prevents us from entering aggression. Maybe its our sensitivity and knowledge of oneness of all life forms and a strong inner core or our consciousness which we cannot go against because if we do we feel guilty.Our ability to understand survival is quite tough. Maybe our minds operate from a different level. Its so different from what every child is taught in school..Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest. With Aspergers its no more survival. Its a call from the future where we move from the brain to heart zone where we see a deep connection in all life forms and how they all help each other without trying to prove who is better.
There are no divides in this world. Humans created territories just like animals do. But there is something beyond which created this whole earth without any divide or boundaries. Is the human now evolving from survival to a far greater understanding of life.

I spend a lot of time thinking this.
Don't be mistaken, I don't think I'm a superhuman and I don't act like I'm ubermensch.

We have our advantages and our disadvantages.
Averagely, we are more intelligent and I'd say more considerate, moral.
Disadvantages... I don't know... I'm thinking if the whole world would be neurodiverse, there probably wouldn't be any disadvantages. We would understand each other. Hmm... Maybe I'm mistaken, debate me.

When I was a baby, there was a shadow on a scan of my brain. After a while, it disappeared (without medications). Most disorders come from chemical imbalance, and that's exactly what happened. Today, I'm suffering from 4 disorders + ASD (self-diagnosed). My brain is chemically imbalanced, your brain probably as well.

I really like the term 'mutant'.
I don't know why but it makes me feel better about myself. Sometimes my misanthropic side takes control over me.

I don't think of such a thing in an earthly sense. However I do believe we "craft" our intended reincarnated lives to some extent. The question then becomes, in such a process do we deliberately assign ourselves certain arduous conditions to gain from such an experience ?

From this plane of existence it sounds ghastly at times. However from the perspective of an eternal spirit, even the worst earthly experiences may serve us in continually evolving. Not to prove anything to anyone, but to individually grow and learn.

Last edited:
I don't think of such a thing in an earthly sense. However I do believe we "craft" most of our intended reincarnated lives to some extent. The question then becomes, in such a process do we deliberately assign ourselves certain arduous conditions to gain from such an experience ?

From this plane of existence it sounds ghastly at times. However from the perspective of an eternal spirit, even the worst earthly experiences may serve us in continually evolving. Not to prove anything to anyone, but to individually grow and learn.

I sometimes feel like I've lost faith in humans, but I'll never lose faith in human evolution.

Most disorders come from chemical imbalance, and that's exactly what happened. Today, I'm suffering from 4 disorders + ASD (self-diagnosed). My brain is chemically imbalanced, your brain probably as well.

I really like the term 'mutant'.
I don't know why but it makes me feel better about myself. Sometimes my misanthropic side takes control over me.

I like the term "mutant" too. :) There may be something to this chemical imbalance as a means of evolving. I've considered this often. Obviously, not all instances of mutation result in a better product. In that case, that product would not survive. If the product is superior, it will survive and be better adapted to its environment. Maybe AS is part of that evolution? Maybe the condition of this planet is calling for minds that think differently?

I sometimes wonder if the individual with aspergers the new evolved human. A highly sensitive and thinking individual (...) A evolved human who has the ability to feel others, is highly perceptive of others, cannot be aggressive even if wanting to....something prevents us from entering aggression. (...) Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest. With Aspergers its no more survival. (...)

Hm. The Aspie you describe sounds quite perfect and especially evolved as a human being, but is he/she "every Aspie"?
I (NT) have read over and over about diversity within the spectrum. I have seen it among the Aspies I have met. Different levels of sensitivity/ability to feel/perceptions... different tempers... different IQs... Just like among NTs. I have known NTs that are smarter than most people I have met in my lifetime, Aspies included. I have also seen some Aspies react more emotionnally than most NTs I know.

I can see how it would sound logical to say that all NTs are less intelligent, less moral, less sensitive, more aggressive than Aspies. The world is pretty messed up by corruption, wars, etc., and it is after all dominated by the NT majority, made "for them"...

To me, it's no different than the man/women question. Our world is considered a man's world, many women believe that if it were ruled by women, it would be much better. For years I've worked in organisations exclusively ruled by and made for women. That definitely showed me that women are equal to men even when it comes to messing up, failing each other. ;-) Both are capable of the best and the worst.

Equal but different, each with their own intelligence, sensitivity, assets and challenges. That is how I see men/women as well as NTs/Aspies.

That's not how evolution works. We're not more evolved or better, just different.
Yes. As I understand it, evolution itself doesn't even have to do with who or what is intrinsically better.
And I don't think that either AS-ness or NT-ness is intrinsically better, anyway.
Evolution has to do with who reproduces better, and therefore passes on their genes.Survival of the individual only influences evolution if it means that individual survives long enough to reproduce. An individual who lives a long long time but doesn't reproduce, doesn't affect evolution. The fact is that, as a group, people with ASD are less likely than NTs to have relationships or get married and therefore less likely to have kids and pass on their genes. Not that it never happens, just not as often as for NTs (as a group).

It is true many aspies have a higher moral standard then some NT's.
Pondering the why, the most likely explenation I can muster is that because of the fact we are different, we are not part of the majority,
we struggle more then the average person and as a result we tend to suffer more, this causes moral shocks (for lack of better wording).
The more one suffers, the better one knows what suffering is and how to avoid it causing it (not in all cases, people can break).

I don't think we are further on the evolutionary path then NT's, everyone has the potential to achieve high moral standards.
We know we are the sum of our experiences, coupled with genetic information, and maybe something else aswell.

And for the record, not all aspies are above average intelligence.
I believe the diagnosis criteria is "average or higher IQ",
not "above average".

It's a fact that people with ASD reproduce less. So from a Darwinian standpoint (and survival of the species) ASD is an evolutionary disadvantage.

The only way it could lead the way of the evolution of the human species (in itself its not an "evolution") is if the Earth was overpopulated. But considering that in first world countries populations are aging (there are less kids per generation) that doesn't seem too likely.

It's a fact that people with ASD reproduce less. So from a Darwinian standpoint (and survival of the species) ASD is an evolutionary disadvantage.

The only way it could lead the way of the evolution of the human species (in itself its not an "evolution") is if the Earth was overpopulated. But considering that in first world countries populations are aging (there are less kids per generation) that doesn't seem too likely.

Maybe the evolution is of the planet itself? God knows, we need fewer humans on this earth.

"Different" only becomes "evolution" if that "different" individual reproduces more than "non-different" individuals, thus allowing the "different" genetics to pass on and eventually become dominant in a population. Aspies don't seem to be reproducing more than NTs, so our difference is simply "different" not "evolution".

I like the term "mutant" too. :) There may be something to this chemical imbalance as a means of evolving. I've considered this often. Obviously, not all instances of mutation result in a better product. In that case, that product would not survive. If the product is superior, it will survive and be better adapted to its environment. Maybe AS is part of that evolution? Maybe the condition of this planet is calling for minds that think differently?

Maybe. But it would take thousands of years to verify that. In the end, we are still only humans.

I don't think I'm an evolutionary step-up. Some of us are greyhounds, some of us are whippets (or poodle and spaniel, or whatever two mutts ye like). All dogs, just a different breed.

I don't think of us as the next step, but I do believe in average that an aspie is more intelligent an has higher moral standards, not because we are better but because our brains have different paths than NT's that allow us to see things logically, and it is logical to help another rather than fight and to see things as they really are, but we lack the ability to handle a fight and to choose what information to leave and what to take, nothing is without fault, alone, but together we are perfect.

New Threads

Top Bottom