• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Aspergers the evolved/elevated human being ?

It is true many aspies have a higher moral standard then some NT's.
Pondering the why, the most likely explenation I can muster is that because of the fact we are different, we are not part of the majority,
we struggle more then the average person and as a result we tend to suffer more, this causes moral shocks (for lack of better wording).
The more one suffers, the better one knows what suffering is and how to avoid it causing it (not in all cases, people can break).

I don't think we are further on the evolutionary path then NT's, everyone has the potential to achieve high moral standards.
We know we are the sum of our experiences, coupled with genetic information, and maybe something else aswell.

And for the record, not all aspies are above average intelligence.
I believe the diagnosis criteria is "average or higher IQ",
not "above average".

I see what your saying. However, slight problem. My moral compass practically doesn't exist. I mean I know that I'm doing something bad but I really don't care. Like if the wind blows in the right direction I'll help someone but usually I'll only do it if i get something in return. Also whoever said that aspies find it hard to be aggressive. That may have been true for me a while ago but whenever moving into a new social environment. I find the most important, popular, feared person etc. and I seem to be able to find his/her venerable spots and exploit them in front of everyone. Best/worst part is, all of the NT's love it. (they dont know what I am. I hide it very well) Also sorry for the spelling grammar etc

New Threads

Top Bottom