• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi people, it's my introduction time, I think.

andrew-notfunny

survivor through the dark dumpsterfire
Here's a few things about me.

I'm 20 years old.
Male.
Hungarian "although sometimes I (insert politics here)"...

I have some type of deep mental frustration cloaked by... This tone? Let's not overstate it. I feel down and isolated, that's why I'm here.
I always try to be the most polite and correct version of myself. Of course this doesn't mean I can't be an argumentative little weird guy on here... Which makes me concerned for the future of my account.
I am prone to overthinking, overexplaining, maybe even oversharing.
I'm also weirdly honest or completely silent, as you can see.
And now I'm here with you guys. I don't know how it'll go but sure. Might as well try it. After all, I never spoke with other people with Aspergers.
I do hope I'll be welcomed here because I really, really had enough of the lack of positive emotional support so far in my life.

Last edited:
Andrew not funny. Welcome to the group. I understand the overshare or over explain issues you mention. This group is a good place to just read about things other ASD people experience. It is helpful to know that you aren't the only person feeling the way you do. Also, instead of being argumentative, try holding back, this sight is a good place to temper your impulses.

I think you will find it quite different from NT places. Quite accepting of a wide variety of individuals, and what is considered 'odd' elsewhere is quite the norm here. People talking about their lives, issues and problems is our bread and butter, but we try to balance that with threads on interests, games and humor. One FYI is that the vibe here is and has always been to be friendly or at least respectful. Stay on that side of things and you'll have no problem here.

Last edited:
welcome to af.png

Hello & welcome.
Of course this doesn't mean I can't be an argumentative little weird guy on here... Which makes me concerned for the future of my account.
Friendly discussion is welcome here.

full

Just remember to keep it clean and no "hitting below the belt..."

Hi and welcome @andrew-notfunny
DO hang around a while and get to know us. We have a good tone in here in discussion, so read posts and think about what people are saying and when you want to join in a discussion feel free to join in.

Hello and welcome @andrew-notfunny.

I hope you find a comfortable and meaningful spot here on the forum. Let us know if you have any questions as you figure out how the forum works.

I always try to be the most polite and correct version of myself. Of course this doesn't mean I can't be an argumentative little weird guy on here... Which makes me concerned for the future of my account.
And now I'm here with you guys. I don't know how it'll go but sure. Might as well try it. After all, I never spoke with other people with Aspergers.
I do hope I'll be welcomed here because I really, really had enough of the lack of positive emotional support so far in my life.
Welcome :) You sound very familiar. I've seen you in the mornings while I brush my teeth

Here's a few things about me.

I'm 20 years old.
Male.
Hungarian "although sometimes I (insert politics here)"...

I have some type of deep mental frustration cloaked by... This tone? Let's not overstate it. I feel down and isolated, that's why I'm here.
Hello! Welcome.
You will see that you will find yourself well here! People are polite and respectful, and the site is well organized.

Hi Andrew Not-Funny,
Hope you like it here. Weird is our normal here. Come on in, Bro :) . You are welcome.

New Threads

Top Bottom