• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good morning/evening.

Tired

Dreamer
V.I.P Member
My name is Anna, im 27 and I think I'm not on the autistic spectrum, at least this is what my therapeut told me. I do have social anxiety, general anxiety and depressive thoughts sometimes.
Recently I watched the film "Rain Man" and got so interested in Kim Peek about whom the film was made, that I started learning anything I can about the autistic spectrum, savants, Asperger's syndrome etc. I don't know any autistic persons in my life, at least not that anyone openly told me that, plus I don't really have friends in real life, only coworkers and my husband.
So... I hope we can become friends with whoever is interested in chatting :)
I love reading romance and drama books and playing pc games, I also like writing and textual roleplay. I like animals and watching random documentaries on YouTube about mostly anything.
Ah also English isn't my main language, so uh sorry I guess haha

Thanks!
I would like to know is there anything else I should know which isn't written in the rules (i read them), maybe there are some words or something else which is considered as offensive or stuff like that, because I want to talk to people here, but in no way do I want to say something which can offend them. I came here to learn and give support :)
If there are some topics explaining this then I'll sooner or later find them, just thought that introducing myself may be a good first step

Thanks!
I would like to know is there anything else I should know which isn't written in the rules (i read them), maybe there are some words or something else which is considered as offensive or stuff like that, because I want to talk to people here, but in no way do I want to say something which can offend them. I came here to learn and give support :)
If there are some topics explaining this then I'll sooner or later find them, just thought that introducing myself may be a good first step
I think it's safe to go by the written rules. Everything should be there. You can always PM a staff member if you have questions or concerns.

1704840306912.png

Hi:) Nice to "meet" you. I live in Australia. I got diagnosed last year at 50, with ASD2 and ADHD. I am a bit of a "savant" in music and some other stuff. Also "twice exceptional"-2e which means "gifted" (high IQ and creative) and disabled at the same time.

I hope you enjoy it here. It is a great bunch of kind and interesting people who I'm sure you will find things in common with.

My dad relates to "Rainman". He is a historical linguistic and in the throes of finishing his thesis in early Indo-European migratory routes through linguistics and archeology. My dad is brilliant in his own way and very Autistically disabled as well.

Welcome @Tired Anna :) I'm sure you will like it here! We talk about lots of things on these forums and I'm sure you will find at least a few people who share your interests! :)

Hi:) Nice to "meet" you. I live in Australia. I got diagnosed last year at 50, with ASD2 and ADHD. I am a bit of a "savant" in music and some other stuff. Also "twice exceptional"-2e which means "gifted" (high IQ and creative) and disabled at the same time.

I hope you enjoy it here. It is a great bunch of kind and interesting people who I'm sure you will find things in common with.

My dad relates to "Rainman". He is a historical linguistic and in the throes of finishing his thesis in early Indo-European migratory routes through linguistics and archeology. My dad is brilliant in his own way and very Autistically disabled as well.
Oh, I immediately have a lot of questions for you, but I'm not sure should I ask here, or how do I write in private... and would you even be interested in writing me your autobiography haha
I'm just interested in other people's lifes and how they came to the point where they are now, and you sound like you have a very interesting life
Plus you already made me go and google more info about "twice exceptional" and "ASD2" so thanks for immediately introducing me to new things :)

Hi @Tired Anna , welcome and thank you for joining the forum. I saw you were a game designer in your profile, I assume it is software games? If so, I'm quite sure you have (had) a couple of autistic co-workers, even they might not know it them self :)

Above you asked how to write in private, there is a little letter icon at the top for private messages, or click on a profile and select the start conversation option.

Hi. Just wanted to mention we have a in-forum D&D game just getting started if you are interested.

Here is link to it:

Role Playing Game (4 to 10 players needed)

I've been on ASD forums now about 12 years. 8 of those I believe here. I collect Toy Soldiers, Lion King Cards and Chihuahuas. Though we are just down to two right now. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom