• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dolls obsession

I went through a special interest relating to antique dolls. I spent hours on ebay looking at the ones for sale, going through books and managed to acquire a small collection myself, but in the end, sadly, it just proved too expensive for me. Antique dolls are pretty big business, especially the full waxes and many of the French ball jointed ones. I would still love to have a collection.

I went through a special interest relating to antique dolls. I spent hours on ebay looking at the ones for sale, going through books and managed to acquire a small collection myself, but in the end, sadly, it just proved too expensive for me. Antique dolls are pretty big business, especially the full waxes and many of the French ball jointed ones. I would still love to have a collection.
Yeah things are too rich for my blood right now. I barely able to pay my bills right now.

Oh man, dolls are by far my most intense obsession/special interest. My biggest interest is ball jointed dolls (BJDs), but I also enjoy Monster High dolls for their affordability and uniqueness. On a similar note, I also enjoy Ever After High because I saw a tutorial that shows that their plastic is a good match for Obitsu heads, so I have been dying to make hybrids.

I currently own two Hujoos (one whose face I ruined with my crappy attempts at face-ups, and the other is an 11cm kitten anthro) I also own a Monster High doll whom I consider to have been my first successful custom. He was originally a Rochelle Goyle whom I modded into a boy (sanded off the breasts), gave him a new face-up, gave him a haircut, and made him an outfit inspired by Arrietty/The Borrowers. I'm actually quite proud of him even if he isn't perfect.

I can't wait to get more dolls in the future! ^_^

I just turned 18 recently, so I had to let go of most of them. But there are still a few that I have that I have that I just couldn't let go of (e.g. a stuffed teddy bear that I got from my 3rd grade teacher, my favorite Transformer, a Bionicle that I constructed myself from other Bionicles, etc.).
I'm 32 and still collect dolls especially barbies and stuff from my childhood like strawberry shortcake and my little pony I remember my dad try to make me stop when I was about 12 years old but it didn't work lol :D

http://www.junkyspot.com/IMAGES/BOBOBIE/sui6.jpg

Check out this handsome guy! He is a Bobobie 43cm Sui in Light Tan skin, and I'm hoping I can get my hands on him. I already have a name picked out and the beginnings of a story involving him, so as you can tell, he already has a place in my heart. :D

Update: The site where I plan on buying him from just stocked him in Lilac skin! I have been wanting a doll in Lilac skin for quite a while (several months at least)! That just makes me want him even more! :D

Update: The site where I plan on buying him from just stocked him in Lilac skin! I have been wanting a doll in Lilac skin for quite a while (several months at least)! That just makes me want him even more! :D
I saw a pic of the previous one its very unique and cute I've heard about these bdj dolls but I don't know much about them

I saw a pic of the previous one its very unique and cute I've heard about these bdj dolls but I don't know much about them

In another thread I heard you like Monster High dolls. I like them too. Which ones do you have?

In another thread I heard you like Monster High dolls. I like them too. Which ones do you have?
I have a lot I've got the originals
and I also got the haunted series ones which I got a pirate ghost and I got the daughter of the grim reaper aswell.

I have a lot I've got the originals
and I also got the haunted series ones which I got a pirate ghost and I got the daughter of the grim reaper aswell.

Awesome! The originals are worth about twice as much as they were when they first came out, so you've got some really good pieces in your collection! The pirate ghost has a good color scheme and I really want the daughter of the Grim Reaper sometime in the near future. She's way too cute!

I was never into dolls - I found them kind of creepy - especially the hard plastic baby dolls you were supposed to feed , and change nappies on to train you for motherhood. :DAs a 3 year old. (What a weird concept) Much more into soft fluffy toys. I kept my favourite childhood teddy bear.:)

I was never into dolls - I found them kind of creepy - especially the hard plastic baby dolls you were supposed to feed , and change nappies on to train you for motherhood. :DAs a 3 year old. (What a weird concept) Much more into soft fluffy toys. I kept my favourite childhood teddy bear.:)

What's really weird about my doll obsession is that I didn't play with Barbies or anything when I was a kid. I was way more into stuffed toys. Then all of a sudden when I was about 15 or 16, I suddenly developed an obsession with dolls. I can't really explained how it happened, I just saw pictures of ball-jointed dolls and went crazy over them. Then some years later Monster High came out, and so I started collecting them because they're unique yet affordable. Ball-jointed dolls, on the other hand, will break your bank, so unless I win the lottery the chance of me actually getting to buy one is slim to none.

Awesome! The originals are worth about twice as much as they were when they first came out, so you've got some really good pieces in your collection! The pirate ghost has a good color scheme and I really want the daughter of the Grim Reaper sometime in the near future. She's way too cute!
Yeah they are gorgeous,I also got the daughter of the Loch Ness monster and the monster high version of C.A Cupid,Mattel recently put that character into Ever after High so I got that version too,I also collect Ever after High dolls :)

Yeah they are gorgeous,I also got the daughter of the Loch Ness monster and the monster high version of C.A Cupid,Mattel recently put that character into Ever after High so I got that version too,I also collect Ever after High dolls :)

Ooh I have the daughter of the Loch Ness Monster too; she's been a "must-have" since I really like Scotland. Same with the daughter of the Japanese ghost; I've loved Japan ever since I was a child so I thought it was really cool that they released a doll based on a Japanese mythological creature.

The Ever After High dolls are beautiful! I love their outfits; their outfits are some of the most well-made ones I've ever seen on dolls of that price range. C.A. Cupid is particularly pretty, I think. ^_^

Ooh I have the daughter of the Loch Ness Monster too; she's been a "must-have" since I really like Scotland. Same with the daughter of the Japanese ghost; I've loved Japan ever since I was a child so I thought it was really cool that they released a doll based on a Japanese mythological creature.

The Ever After High dolls are beautiful! I love their outfits; their outfits are some of the most well-made ones I've ever seen on dolls of that price range. C.A. Cupid is particularly pretty, I think. ^_^
Funny you mentioned Japan I've always been fascinated by Japan since I was a kid my husband actually took me there which was a surprise and also my first overseas trip,I've seen the daughter of the faceless ghost she is very pretty,I recently bought duchess swan from ever after high she is really pretty.

Funny you mentioned Japan I've always been fascinated by Japan since I was a kid my husband actually took me there which was a surprise and also my first overseas trip,I've seen the daughter of the faceless ghost she is very pretty,I recently bought duchess swan from ever after high she is really pretty.

Oh wow you've been to Japan? That's awesome! As you can probably guess, I've always wanted to go there myself!

Duchess Swan is an absolutely beautiful doll; I might have to get her myself one of these days! :D

Oh wow you've been to Japan? That's awesome! As you can probably guess, I've always wanted to go there myself!

Duchess Swan is an absolutely beautiful doll; I might have to get her myself one of these days! :D
Yeah stayed in Shinjuku and visited harajuku,shibuya and akihabara also went to Tokyo Disney sea since I love Disney princesses.

Yeah stayed in Shinjuku and visited harajuku,shibuya and akihabara also went to Tokyo Disney sea since I love Disney princesses.

Wow you went to Harajuku and Akihabara? Did you see lots of crazy fashions and Otaku (geek) stuff? (I've always wanted to go to those places!)

Wow you went to Harajuku and Akihabara? Did you see lots of crazy fashions and Otaku (geek) stuff? (I've always wanted to go to those places!)
Yes i did,saw a few Lolita girls and a lot of that otaku stuff aswell,shibuya 109 shopping mall is the best place to see what fashions they got I saw some crazy but great stuff there,also visited the sega game arcades and played tekken there,I also bought this beautiful fashion doll called Licca chan from kiddy land near harajuku

Yes i did,saw a few Lolita girls and a lot of that otaku stuff aswell,shibuya 109 shopping mall is the best place to see what fashions they got I saw some crazy but great stuff there,also visited the sega game arcades and played tekken there,I also bought this beautiful fashion doll called Licca chan from kiddy land near harajuku

Wow it sounds like you had an amazing time! :D

I've seen Licca-chan dolls on eBay before. They are indeed really pretty, I've thought about buying one myself. I especially like the Hatsune Miku one that came out awhile back.

New Threads

Top Bottom