• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dolls obsession

Been a few years since I posted in this thread. I have started collecting dolls for the last few months. I also got my self a photo tent with lights to allow me to take good pictures. Below is the first picture I taken today.

I have many items I'm waiting to arrive in the mail. I figure collecting dolls and taking photos can be one things to fill in my loneliness.

IMG_5266.jpg

Been a few years since I posted in this thread. I have started collecting dolls for the last few months. I also got my self a photo tent with lights to allow me to take good pictures. Below is the first picture I taken today.

I have many items I'm waiting to arrive in the mail. I figure collecting dolls and taking photos can be one things to fill in my loneliness.

View attachment 27564
Looks like Molly,a character from sailor moon.

My handle there is Babs Poser and I usually hang around the "Dainty Dolls" sub-forum. Most of us on that sub-forum cringe at that name, but, at least, they finally recognize arti-dolls, that is dolls that straddle the fence between action figures & fashion dolls (which is most of my girls).

My handle there is Babs Poser and I usually hang around the "Dainty Dolls" sub-forum. Most of us on that sub-forum cringe at that name, but, at least, they finally recognize arti-dolls, that is dolls that straddle the fence between action figures & fashion dolls (which is most of my girls).
That cool?

Do you know how long it takes them to approve accounts? It been 5 days and hear nothing from them yet.

Not sure. I know that some moderators have recently passed away, so there are some empty seats, right now.

You're right!!! I kept trying to recall who she is. It has been eons since I last saw Sailor Moon, but I knew the character was probably from that show:

latest
Yeah I have pop vinyls of both sailor moon and tuxedo mask and also a q posket figure of sailor moon as well.

Does collecting Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman etc count as dolls ?
In my circles, action figures and fashion dolls are two ends of a spectrum. I collect near the center, often referred to as action dolls.

Action dolls range from redressible action figures [like the original GI Joe] to well-articulated Barbies (with flat feet) who can stand in for GI Jane.

Last edited:
[Re: Sportster's figure,]
I'm pretty sure that she has the Gymnast body, the one that I have the most of. That head is known as the Mackie sculpt and my favorite to have ever played the Barbara M. Roberts character (early 1990s).

Last edited:
I wish Amazon would ship to here. I need to use Amazon Canada and they want double the price yet it should only be about 30% more based on the current exchange rate. Maybe I find another place willing to ship to Canada.
Found on Ebay for $20 USD. I see if this seller offers a better shipping rate as shipping is more than the product it self.

Latest doll-related purchase...
full

(They are called thread easels or thread racks.)​

Attachments

• head-racks1_1_orig.jpg
    head-racks1_1_orig.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I didn't realize there was a difference with Amazon like eBay. A buddy of mine buys through eBay Germany a lot for the items he collects, but I just thought Amazon was one big company that did business everywhere without having different branches. That is odd.

There is different branches for eBay but never had issues ordering from eBay USA as long if the seller willing to ship to Canada. Many sellers will only ship within their own country.

For Amazon there:
  • Australia
  • Brazil
  • China
  • France
  • Germany
  • India
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
Normally people would order from the Amazon based from their country. Countries not included in the list would normally order from their nearest Amazon region.

I do know products from one branch will get transfers to another branch. Many stuff I order from Amazon Canada will from Amazon US. Another reason me ordering from Amazon Canada is I don't have to care about duties such the product comes outside my country.

Anyhow, penguin will search is best to find the best deals possible just like I found the item for Ebay and seller willing to ship here.

New Threads

Top Bottom