• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dolls obsession

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
It might sound odd hearing from a 32 year old male penguin liking dolls but he does. Today, I just learn one of the members has a large collection and she shares many photos. Seeing her collection got me to write this post. I don't own a collection yet, but I'm hoping to one day. Anyhow, I share one of the pictures this person shared on our site.

full

It's not as odd as you think. While I don't own any myself (nor do I have an interest in them that much), my ex-girlfriend owned a bunch and she regularly met up with people from a forum and there were plenty of guys your age that have these Ball-jointed dolls.

The doll in the photo is very pretty.

If you can't collect the dolls themselves right now, maybe you can collect photos of dolls, eh? :)

I'm so glad you brought this up, Penguin! I have always liked miniatures, including dollhouses and furniture, snow globes, model trains, model airplanes, game pieces, and other small worlds. I also have a fascination for exactly this kind of doll. Have you seen Enchanted Doll | By Marina Bychkova They are probably over-sexualized for many people, but I'm only interested in the strange realism and amazing craft. They're kind of alive for me. Also, check out Lori Nix for interesting miniature worlds.

I'm so glad you brought this up, Penguin! I have always liked miniatures, including dollhouses and furniture, snow globes, model trains, model airplanes, game pieces, and other small worlds. I also have a fascination for exactly this kind of doll. Have you seen Enchanted Doll | By Marina Bychkova They are probably over-sexualized for many people, but I'm only interested in the strange realism and amazing craft. They're kind of alive for me. Also, check out Lori Nix for interesting miniature worlds.
The tattooed ones I liked the most

I think ball jointed dolls are so beautiful, I would love to have one but they are rather pricey. I really enjoy reading tutorials by people who sculpt dolls out of polymer clay then cast them in resin by hand, it's so interesting. Thank you for sharing the lovely picture!

I can relate to this: I had so much difficulty in letting go of my dolls/stuffed animals/action figures/etc. even after I no longer interacted with them, but I had to say goodbye :'( .

I just turned 18 recently, so I had to let go of most of them. But there are still a few that I have that I have that I just couldn't let go of (e.g. a stuffed teddy bear that I got from my 3rd grade teacher, my favorite Transformer, a Bionicle that I constructed myself from other Bionicles, etc.).

There is no age limit. I'm 32 and though this topic is about dolls, I do own Lego. I also know people around my age own Lego and/or dolls. I don't know how much of my posts you read on here, but I'm not afraid to admit to anyone what I like including family.

One person I know she rather spend money on Lego than paying bills. I would't go that extreme but I think you got my point.

I just turned 18 recently, so I had to let go of most of them. But there are still a few that I have that I have that I just couldn't let go of (e.g. a stuffed teddy bear that I got from my 3rd grade teacher, my favorite Transformer, a Bionicle that I constructed myself from other Bionicles, etc.).

I turned 40 recently, and although I gave most of my teddy bears to the children's ward at the hospital when I left home at 16, there are a couple I could not bear(!) to part with. Nearly 25 years later, I still have some, and they have travelled around the world with me. I will probably never give them up.

I also cheerfully admit to regularly rereading my favourite children's books.

I try to be 'kind of normal' in public, but I also don't let society dictate to me what I should do or like, just because of my age or sex. :)

I turned 40 recently, and although I gave most of my teddy bears to the children's ward at the hospital when I left home at 16, there are a couple I could not bear(!) to part with. Nearly 25 years later, I still have some, and they have travelled around the world with me. I will probably never give them up.

I also cheerfully admit to regularly rereading my favourite children's books.

I try to be 'kind of normal' in public, but I also don't let society dictate to me what I should do or like, just because of my age or sex. :)
Awww that's a lovely idea passing your teddies to the children's ward. So selfless and thoughtful. :)

We're in the process of moving, and I just packed all 568 of my dolls away... They have to sit in a storage unit for about a month while our loan goes through.

My mom and I took out an insurance policy on them. They're valued over $30k. Living Dead Dolls, Bratzillaz, and Monster High Dolls.

So... Doll obsessions are certainly a bit more common.

We're in the process of moving, and I just packed all 568 of my dolls away... They have to sit in a storage unit for about a month while our loan goes through.

My mom and I took out an insurance policy on them. They're valued over $30k. Living Dead Dolls, Bratzillaz, and Monster High Dolls.

So... Doll obsessions are certainly a bit more common.
Wow such a large collection. You have a museum

Wow such a large collection. You have a museum
If only... I don't ever think I'll have enough. I had a bunch of them on my bookshelves and well, the shelf collapsed. Only one doll got hurt, I'm so grateful!

I bought the Living Dead Doll version of Ragedy Andy, and when I got him, his arm kept popping off. This prompted me to keep them in an actual cabinet.

I've never been into dolls...ever. It was so awkward when my aunt bought me a Sindy. You know, the opposite of Barbie. Of course I said thank you, but thought for fk sake lol

I just pass my teddies for my kids... I will try to post one ... one... where??? Here??? Penguin ??? Just one pic ??? Teddy????

Oh, I have my giraffe in my moms house!!!! She were huge ... not now
... he-heeee

This is Clover she will be your death!!
1969173_10152717258076870_1077903652037472402_n.jpg

been at the BJD game for about 5 years, Clover was the first actually, am up to 15 now (all the super elite of dolls Asian Ball Jointed Dolls)

I love dolls. And teddies. I don't have a very big collection. The dolls I've collected weren't cheap, so I haven't been able to afford many. Most of the stuffed animals, I let go because I didn't have a place to keep them. :( I haven't purchased any dolls since junior high. Most of what I have are American Girl. When I moved into the house I have now, I was so excited to have a *huge* walk in closet because I was able to set up the dolls, where they're safe from my son and cat, but I can still enjoy them, instead of them sitting in a box.

New Threads

Top Bottom