• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothing?

I forgot to say that I have different clothes for different things. So there are "outside clothes" and "inside clothes" and "workout clothes," "community (fake) clothes, " and "transition clothes" for if I have been out in the community and do not want to put on "inside clothes" yet because I can only put them on after I have taken my shower.

Well, this is just one small example of why not a single human being or even a god would want to spend more than 2 minutes with me.

You should see my food rituals if you think this is bad.

Tell me about how you like your clothing.

Ever since I was a child, I always preferred soft things and neutral urban colour pallettes (e.g. blue, grey, tan, white, black). I'd go through stores and run my hands over the different materials. Nowadays I tend to stick with button-up shirts or t-shirts. But having no continuity in the brands I own continually bothers me. Such as if there are two black shirts but one is made of thinner clingy material and the other is a sturdy soft cotton.

Anyway, does anyone else have particular kinds of clothes they prefer or dislike? I'd heard it was common among people with ASDs, but never asked because I don't personally know anyone aside from myself that is on the spectrum.
Im traditional so i dislike baggy clothes and i wear regular medium size t shirts and blue or black jeans and im a boot kinda guy over tennis shoes and sometimes i wear long sleeve dress shirts and dress pants but rarerly and i dont have a favorite color.

What kinda of boots do you normally wear?

Im traditional so i dislike baggy clothes and i wear regular medium size t shirts and blue or black jeans and im a boot kinda guy over tennis shoes and sometimes i wear long sleeve dress shirts and dress pants but rarerly and i dont have a favorite color.

I prefer dark or faded jeans and a black shirt of some sort most of the time, something that doesn't attract a lot of attention to me. Some people like to go overboard with their fashion, to advertise their interests, a real eye-catcher of sorts...sorry, but I'm not one of those folks.

Speaking of clothing, my wardrobe definitely needs to be updated for sure!

i have discussed problems around my sensory issues here with clothing but never got answered so i assumed i was either boring people like mad or no one could relate.
i strip off whenever i can because i feel the deep electric pain and itching from clothing, i was banned from wearing just my sports bra and my nappy in my own flat by creative support because they said it was inapropriate,they didnt understand how clothes feel to me,theyre awful with complex autism needs.

i will only wear soft jogging pants,and a soft baggy shirt or tshirt,its only recently i began to wear shirts again as one of my older behaviors when anxious was to rip all the buttons off shirts and then rip the shirts up.
i also wear a blazer type jacket or hoodie,i prefer hoodie as the hood takes away more sound from my ears when i put the ear defenders over it.

I still run my hands over material. Even if I don't plan to buy anything. And I buy things based on how they feel and if I'll be comfortable in it. I pretty much only where T-shirts with either bands or videogames on them. I can only wear pants that are stretchy. I can't wear regular bras, only sports bras.
I also do this with my bedding. I can only use those really soft, fuzzy blankets and the sheets that feel like t-shirts.

I like shirts with TV, movie, and video game logos on them...but for the longest time, they didn't fit. I've lost about 70 pounds in the last 18 months, so now I can wear them! Glory to God for that!

I like shirts with TV, movie, and video game logos on them...but for the longest time, they didn't fit. I've lost about 70 pounds in the last 18 months, so now I can wear them! Glory to God for that!
you might like the baseball cap ive bought this week,its a sega mega drive [known as genesis in US] cap,i collect caps and was very happy when i found this one being a sega geek and having massive memories of the mega drive.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20161230_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20161230_1.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 147
I like comfortable clothes. To me that means loose fitting styles and soft fabrics, and I prefer skirts and dresses. I tend to wear a lot of clothes, even in the summertime, because I don't like the feeling of warm sun directly on my skin.
I don't wear jewelry at all. I like the look of piercings, but I had a couple when I was younger and they drove me crazy.
I do care about my style, but I'll always choose comfort first.

Personally, I only wear black, and only from certain stores, just because I know it'll all match and I don't have the patience to think about what goes with what...only ever something soft, but not pure cotton as I can hear the sound the fibres make when the clothing crumples and it hurts my ears.

I absolutely HATE wearing anything that isn't sleeveless; I get overheated too easily, either because I'm very temperature sensitive or the feeling of having tight anything on my arms just drives me nuts for some reason.

I only wear t-shirts, jeans, athletic pants or basketball shorts. I only wear black, gray, white, and dark blue.

Soft, breathable, heavy, and very loose-fitting. Ideally not loud when it moves (like a lot of the synthetic fabrics are).

I don't have overly strong preferences about my daily outfit but my wardrobe mostly consists of t-shirts and longsleeves for all the metal bands I listen to, jeans, and pullover hoodies. I generally like clothing that's as comfortable as possible and don't care much for "dressing up". I don't even wear button-down shirts all too often. Usually when I "go out" I'll have on one of my band shirts, a pair of black skinny jeans, a studded belt, my Doc Marten steel-toed boots, and a leather jacket with a bunch of pins on the lapels. That's for when I'm at some place or event where I feel like there might be new friends to make. (Like the NYE concert I'm going to tomorrow night!) But most days I feel too lazy to really bother so I'll just throw on a pair of gym shorts or Levis, some Vans sneakers, a hooded sweatshirt and a snapback hat. Although my dad's girlfriend did get me a pair of Timberland workboots this Christmas which I was excited about, so you could say my style is beginning to evolve somewhat (or at least is diversifying).

When I am at home or alone, then comfort is my only consideration. I like to have a good reason to be anywhere else, so try I to dress accordingly. I am such a hopeless case where 'fitting in' is concerned, that I research appropriate dress (yes, I actually look it up in books!) and an therefore much happier with formal occasions, as the rules for attire on these occasions are much clearer. I stand out in my job working at a secondary school for a number of reasons, but mainly because I am one of the few people who actually likes to wear business suits! (Thanks God we don't have 'Dress-down- Fridays'!)

Loose fit, dark colours (blacks, blues, dark grey) and durability are important to me. Natural fibres (cotton, wool), nothing synthetic. I've heard that most "Aspies" don't like labels, because they're irritating to the skin. I don't know if that's true, but I don't have a problem with them at all.

I like to advertise some of my interests and show off colors or ads and such. Funny thing is, I still may keep quiet to myself unless spoken to. I may even appear like a snob at time, but the reality is I tend to be humble, but still like to be stylish.

Ever since I found out I stopped wearing jeans, and I have over 100 pairs still. Now it's been over a year and I tried to put a pair on again and it's like being tortured, the waist band is just the worst and the feeling of the denim on my skin is so bad. I don't know how I forced myself to wear them all the time for so long, I guess just because it's what society says it's acceptable to wear. At least these days I've noticed an influx of girls just wearing yoga pants or leggings all the time so I don't feel like I'm sticking out inappropriatly... but what to do with all these jeans I have? Keep them on the shelf is all I done, a reminder of the time before...

Fishermans pants and oversize shirts or jumpers in an harmonising palette. Organic textiles like cotton, bamboo and hemp if possible. In winter I love to layer, it feels like a cocoon. Comfort, safety and practicality.
As a child, one of my stims was rubbing soft textures like flannel, velvet and silk on my face to put myself to sleep. I sometimes catch myself still doing this unconsciously when super stressed or sad.

As a child, one of my stims was rubbing soft textures like flannel, velvet and silk on my face to put myself to sleep. I sometimes catch myself still doing this unconsciously when super stressed or sad.
I do this ALL of the time, I used to try to hide it before I know now I'm just like f it, it keeps me from crying and melting down... I have this ratty old baby blanket I've litterly had my entire life it's so full of holes I had to put new binding on in a few years back because there was nothing left of it and if anybody touches it I WILL freak out! lol <3

New Threads

Top Bottom