• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Most Random Truth!

When I was a kid I found a dead fly, and I had such a strong attachment to the fly that I wrapped it nicely in some tissue, and tapped it shut. I regretted taping it because I could't see Fred anymore. I carried the small package around for weeks. I named the fly Fred. I think my sister threw Fred away when I was sleeping because the situation weirded her out. I still think about Fred often.

Up until I was about 16 I had a bedful of soft toys that I would have in specific places and regularly change which one I cuddled to sleep because I was afraid of them coming alive and hurting me for not loving them enough.

This morning my cat snuck into my room and hid under the bed, so I chased him out with a river otter stuffed animal that he's afraid of.

When I was a kid I found a dead fly, and I had such a strong attachment to the fly that I wrapped it nicely in some tissue, and tapped it shut. I regretted taping it because I could't see Fred anymore. I carried the small package around for weeks. I named the fly Fred. I think my sister threw Fred away when I was sleeping because the situation weirded her out. I still think about Fred often.

I had a fly called Fred too!

Well, he didn't exactly belong to me, but he used to fly from the foot of my bed to the head end repeatedly and I'd just watch him as I lay there. He was a tiny fly and seemed to suit the name Fred. I think he lived around/on a small (25cm) Ficus plant that was on the windowsill at the foot of my bed.

My boyfriend at the time killed him :(

RIP Fred

I don't want it to be 2017, because 2017 is a much uglier number than 2016.
Meh, it's not that bad, and it's closer to 2018, which is beautiful number imo *-*
I don't like the number 7 or the number 9... both just rub me up the wrong way... I like 6 and 8 the most.
I like odd numbers so I feel pretty good about 2017, but I want you guys to feel good also. Maybe we can call the new year "2016 3/4, and some change".

Last edited:
The more the number of humans in a leaderless group the lower the collective intelligence of the group.

Two people will move aside to talk.

Three will block a doorway to talk.

Four or more will block any walkway, and be oblivious to their surroundings.

This phenomena explain s councils and committees which are the lowest collective intelligence clusters formed by humans.

Last edited:
I just tried to wake up my iPhone by pressing the camera lens instead of the home button because I was holding it upside-down.

New Threads

Top Bottom