• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You might be an aspie if...

You might be an aspie if: you correct someone's statement literally and 4 hours later you wake up in the middle of the night due to the realization it was not the polite way to respond. At all.

You might be an Aspie: if when someone says "It's a piece of cake", you start looking for a cake and thinking "I want a piece of cake".

If you research an item you want to buy for a month, then when it arrives at your home, you repeat all of the research and, read the instructions in all three languages they are presented in just to be sure you understood them correctly. Once that is done, you use the item once, then research alternate uses for the item for a week before using it again.

I'm guilty of that- the latest one was a new french press coffee maker. I meant the things are simple, don't even take electricity and, I've owned many of them but, this one is new, it might be a bit different, someone might have thought of a new, alternate use for it, or for my old one.

You might be an aspie if you wake up with a perfectly circular bruise on your leg and can't remember how you got it. Seriously, shouldn't that have hurt when it happened?

You might be an Aspie if you always ask the cashier to count the bags she used for you so you don't forget your groceries. o_O

I'm glad I've gotten the tone worked out on that one to where it sounds innocent and friendly!

You might be an aspie if you can't write on a chalkboard with your daughter became you can't stand the feel of chalk, it makes you cringe.

You might be an aspie if you get overly upset when your bf doesn't wring out the sponge after he does the dishes. Or go back and rearrange how he puts dishes away because he doesn't put them in the right order. Or if your the only one that can vaccum because no one else does it the same way you do.

You might be an aspie if you can't write on a chalkboard with your daughter became you can't stand the feel of chalk, it makes you cringe.

You might be an aspie if you get overly upset when your bf doesn't wring out the sponge after he does the dishes. Or go back and rearrange how he puts dishes away because he doesn't put them in the right order. Or if your the only one that can vaccum because no one else does it the same way you do.

Guilty as charged but, for me it's folding towels. I have yet to find a housekeeper or husband that can fold them and place them in the line closet properly. Either they don't fold them right, they stack them facing the wrong way, or they mix the pool towels with the the bath sheets. How do you mix blue beach towels with sable bath sheets and think that's right?

Guilty as charged but, for me it's folding towels. I have yet to find a housekeeper or husband that can fold them and place them in the line closet properly. Either they don't fold them right, they stack them facing the wrong way, or they mix the pool towels with the the bath sheets. How do you mix blue beach towels with sable bath sheets and think that's right?
Ugh I can't stand when different kinds of towels are mixed on with each other. Or if the wrong kinds of towels are on the wrong shelf. I need to assign them spots and that's where they need to stay

You might be an Aspie if you also have the lines on your clothesline memorized by which line is used for what and make sure to hang all your laundry on the correct line it belongs to. :p

Towels, shirts, and undies on the left. Extra towels, jeans, socks, and rags/clothes/dishtowels on the right...

You might be an Aspie if you also have the lines on your clothesline memorized by which line is used for what and make sure to hang all your laundry on the correct line it belongs to. :p

Towels, shirts, and undies on the left. Extra towels, jeans, socks, and rags/clothes/dishtowels on the right...
When I hang my clothes up in the closet they have to be color coded and the different style of shirts need to be grouped together like tank tops, girlier cut shirts, baggy shirts, long sleeve shirts then sweaters. I put them ain order by color first then organize the colors by style. It's a whole process. I have to avoid looking at my bfs side of the closet, his clothes are kind of just thrown in and it sets my OCD off

You might be an Aspie if you can tell that you'd really like to hang out with those kids next door who are also obviously Aspies and seem really cool and interesting but you have no idea how to approach them.

When I hang my clothes up in the closet they have to be color coded and the different style of shirts need to be grouped together like tank tops, girlier cut shirts, baggy shirts, long sleeve shirts then sweaters. I put them ain order by color first then organize the colors by style. It's a whole process. I have to avoid looking at my bfs side of the closet, his clothes are kind of just thrown in and it sets my OCD off

with matching hangers AND specific types of hangers for certain clothes. To accomplish this I have had to settle for black and white hangers..

with matching hangers AND specific types of hanger for certain clothes. To accomplish I have had to settle for black and white hangers..
All of my hangers are white. They all have to be the same color. I would prefer black but I had more white ones so I just went with that

you might be an Aspie if...
you get lost in your own neighborhood
Luckily I can get through my apartment complex (my building it right off the main road) but I can't remember how to get anywhere in my town. I've been living here for 10 years and I still don't know how to get anywhere. Not like I can drive anyway..

Oh... I've ruined so many pans because I burned food so badly I couldn't clean them because I forgot about them until the smoke detectors went off :/ oops. I eat out a lot now.

And yeah looking all over for misplaced things.. To find my keys have been in my hand the whole time. Or the dogs leash is on the hook by the door where it belongs.

Or opening the computer to google something then not being able to remember what you were going to google while waiting for the computer to turn on.
I always instantly forget everything. I do the same thing with google, something comes to mind then the second I get to Google I instantly forget and I usually never remember after that. The same thing with putting things down, I can NEVER remember where I JUST put something. So I'm walking around for an hour trying to look for it and once I find it (if I do find it) I'm wondering why the hell I put it in such a random place. I have the memory of a goldfish unless it comes to my special interests, then I can tell you every little detail I learned about it and then some.

If I had a big enough basket, I would love to do that. The farthest I can go is separate out male and female clothing and then group similar them by articles such as the tshirts vs. the tank tops. While I don't particularly enjoy getting clothes in our out of the washer because I always seem to bang my knuckles on that evil oscillator in the middle, once I get laundry outside it becomes very relaxing to do. Oddly, it hurts my back to fold clothes in the house, but standing up outside and folding them as I unpin them doesn't bother me.

New Threads

Top Bottom