• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You might be an aspie if...

Oh... I've ruined so many pans because I burned food so badly I couldn't clean them because I forgot about them until the smoke detectors went off :/ oops. I eat out a lot now.

And yeah looking all over for misplaced things.. To find my keys have been in my hand the whole time. Or the dogs leash is on the hook by the door where it belongs.

Or opening the computer to google something then not being able to remember what you were going to google while waiting for the computer to turn on.

Or not being able to remember if I fed the dog her dinner when I get home at a different time than I normally would. So I split the difference and give her one scoop instead thinking it's better for her to be a little hungry if I forgot than to overfeed her a two whole cups if I didn't.

Or the opposite grocery effect, you spend 300.00 per week buying anything and everything because you don't know when you might get obsessed with a culture and want that kind of food. Good thing I can cook just about anything and I have 3 chest freezers, two uprights and, the one that is part of my refrigerator. I also have a 12 ft by 24 ft pantry full of food.

Now is it China, India, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Brittan, or Romania I am obsessed with tonight? Maybe it was France, no Germany? Italy? Thailand? Oh forget it, I'll just have corn chex. :p

When you buy something in a store, you are so relieved to have successfully made the transaction that you quickly leave while you are ahead, and also leave what you bought behind on the counter.

When you buy something in a store, you are so relieved to have successfully made the transaction that you quickly leave while you are ahead, and also leave what you bought behind on the counter.
Haha I've definitely done this. Or left my card or wallet... sigh.

I am very thankful we're not the only ones horribly forgetful. One of my buddies did this for their comic:

201201211551460.2373b214fb19a4648ab96d6491aa53e9.jpg

You might be an aspie if you want to gather
all the "you might be an aspie" joke/remarks &
categorize them according to transaction type.

Then, for comic relief, put them into a Random
List Shuffler/Generator.

And post a link to it on some asperger's forum.

Does anyone else have a problem remembering birthdays and dates in general?

Last time I was at the doc for a checkup for myself, the nurse asked my son's birthday and I couldn't remember. It got super awkward while I did the math to figure out his birth year. I had all the answers about myself all ready in my head but then her asking about my son totally threw me off and my brain just froze.

Last time I was at the doc for a checkup for myself, the nurse asked my son's birthday and I couldn't remember. It got super awkward while I did the math to figure out his birth year. I had all the answers about myself all ready in my head but then her asking about my son totally threw me off and my brain just froze.

I remember the dates easily enough.
It's knowing what that works out to as an age that is tricky.

I remember the dates easily enough.
It's knowing what that works out to as an age that is tricky.
I have to constantly remind myself how old my kid is :/

And my age.. I can usually remember within a year or two haha.

But my parents and siblings, forget it. No idea how old they are without math and serious concentration being involved.

You might be an aspie if:

You forget one of your twenty passwords but can figure it out because you created your own tabula recta, in case you forget. Then forget where you put the key.

Don't want to try on clothing in the store's dressing rooms, because some have two-way mirrors and you forget the method for figuring out if it is a two-way, as you are so flustered and hot and tired and the lights are too bright. So you buy the clothing and bring it home to discover that its too big or too small, then you donate it because you've removed the tags.

Last edited:
You might be an Aspie if you board a new bus, for a long trip, and get so distracted by all of the details of the bus that you forget which compartment you put your toiletries bag in. I've done that more times that I can count.

I would get on a new tour bus (we leased a new one for each region of our tours) and get so wrapped up in the kitchen, lounge, TV, gaming console, curtains, front seating arrangement, what was in the refrigerator to drink, who our driver for that leg might be, did he look trustworthy or not, etc... that I'd dump my bag in a bunk compartment (small storage space at the foot of each bunk) then, forget which bunk I had claimed LOL.

I've done it on commercial buses too, stuff my bad in the overhead bin and, forget which seat I put it above. That's embarrassing, having to walk the length of a bus, looking at every bag in the overhead to find yours. :oops:

Very much so. Sometimes to truly ridiculus levels. Having lived in different places/countries I can sometimes wake up or after a brain freeze be unsure of which time of my life I am in. I might think 'ok, do I live in the New Jersey farmhouse and the kids are small or is this Pennsylvania... etc. For a 'special' moment its like Doctor Who and I don't know what year it is outside.

if someone mentions something about being grown up and you share your height..and doubt that you will be more grown up

If you have two lefts, your left and, your other left and, right is somehow non existent.

Yes and no. It's easier for me to remember the age gap between me and another person. Once I get a date in my head, it's stuck there. Might take 50 times of memorizing it, but once it's in there, it's in there. I still have to count up ages though. One reason why I'm very happy about being born in January 1990. Very easy to calculate after February every year! And then from there I use the age gap to tally up another person's age.

New Threads

Top Bottom